1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SDA hospitals perform ABORTIONS

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by targus, May 30, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We should also make note that although the bible is clear on the issue of abortion (murder) and life beginning at conception, there are many even on this board, who although being Christians, choose to ignore the bible on these points. Many Christians also ignore God's Word when they yoke themselves together with political parties which openly condone abortion and homosexuality. I will not be a member of a church which condones such sins, nor will I be a member of a political party which condones such sins either. I really don't understand why any Christian would.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not in favor of abortion - but I am also not in favor of your practice of "making stuff up".

In your own link above we have " providing elective abortions also represent a breach of our church “Guidelines on Abortion” which do not condone abortions on demand."

There are four details that point to a fallacy in your methods.

1. The author of your own article states he does not have all the facts and cannot tell us what the real story is - only annecdotal stories.

2. He admits that the church forbids abortion on demand.

3. He find "a case" in Hawaii where some non-SDA doctors demanded to be able to perform abortions at a certain hospital. I have no idea what the actual details are in that case.

4. The author "Assumes" that the church is running the hospitals. That is not correct. The Hospitals are organized as separate entities - at most they have one or two conference officials on their boards - but they do not have veto power that I know of and the General Conference president does not have the authority to function as a kind-of SDA-Pope.

Having said that - I did bring this subject up to one of the GC Presidents in the late 1990's and was told that he was dead set against Abortion except for cases where the life of the mother is at risk. The question is - what can he do about policing hospitals that do not report to him.

in Christ,

Bob

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Those are the two top issues that are deal breakers when voting or belonging to a political party. When thinking about denominations or churches, although the same two issues are deal breakers, the top thing that goes through my mind on that subject is how does that church view Jesus Christ, and what type of Gospel to they believe?