1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Temporal Salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 8, 2014.

1. T Alan

T Alan New Member

The reason for evangelism is simply, "The Master said to do it". Preach the Gospel. I preached a message in a local PB church Nov. 9.
    I would be glad to send it to anyone who would like to hear it via "dropbox" just send me an email or PM.

The message was on PB's mis labeling as the "Frozen ChoZen" and Scriptures emphasis to "Preach the gospel".

#61 T Alan, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

The same could be said for "Trinity" and other. The teaching is there, if God blesses you you will soon see it. Do a search of "Saved" and Salvation" in the bible , note the number of times it is associated with "deliverance" from something and the number of time it "means" eternal life.

No need in "arguing" this topic, the OP link does the work. Let him with ears to hear hear.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well see you are not good enough yet for God to reveal it to you. Or maybe you are not calvinist enough for God to reveal it to you.

I swear the arrogance of cals knows no bounds.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually no...ive never wanted to hug someone in church....ok perhaps my wife, but that's a whole different level. And in the unlikely chance that the hugging mood came over me ***:laugh::laugh:*** I would do it without concern for anyone watching. My wife would have me committed to an insane asylum. :laugh:

Now my interpertations of quenching the spirit is somewhat different from yours.....much more in line with Martyn Lloyd Jones interpertations in his book "Joy Unspeakable".....have you read it?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah......congratulation, you have at last found a "True Calvinist "....a Puritan in the 1st degree.:laugh:

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Doctor never so much as mentioned "temporal salvation" much less preached and taught it. That's because it is a theological innovation.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists have no sympathy with temporal salvation --two salvations, or any other heretical combo taught by some Primitive Baptists.

8. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I never said one must be "good enough". And again I am no Calvinist.

#68 T Alan, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats the most interesting thing to me....Mike Gowens deliberately details the theology but it is ignored or vilified.....nobody takes the time to dismantle it as if thtowing rocks at a barn will bring down the structure. Simply fascinating! Is there no one here with enough intellectual prowess to take it apart?!?

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Having different definitions does not surprise me at all. It's pretty much the norm here at the BB.

I'll grant you this: my church, and most of our sister churches in the area, are smaller churches, typically with crowds of 100 or less on any given Sunday morning. That being the case, we are much more tightly knit than the local larger churches, and far more tightly knit than the local megachurch. So getting up and hugging someone is not uncommon. In fact, during a service a few years ago, during our altar call, the pastor suddenly turned and grabbed me in a bear hug. When he turned back his son was in the altar praying. He later told me that he had been asking the Lord what he needed to do to help point his son toward salvation, and he said the Lord's answer that morning was "turn and hug the home preacher." If he had sat on that and not done it, then who know what blessing he would've missed out on.

I consider failing to do what the Lord tells you to do as just one part of quenching the Spirit. That's not my full definition. I have not read anything by Martyn Lloyd Jones, specifically not "Joy Unspeakable," though I'll tack it on to the list of things to read. That's a bit of a long list for me at the moment, though, to be honest.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No ....they don't wash feet.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I visited with a small rural church in NW New Jersey this Sunday. Again I was a 1st time visiter. Hardly anyone came by to say hello or welcome....but that's typical of New Jersey.

13. T Alan

T Alan New Member

There is on one gift of eternal life, this life is in the death of Jesus Christ. It saved those Predestined and chosen to eternal life. "Temporal Salvation" is CONVERSION which comes about by faith and faith by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

One Salavation, "once for all" (time). Hebrews
    One God in Three Persons.
    Conversion, entering into God's earthly Kingdom via the Gospel
    God is omnipotent but "omnipotent" is never used in the bible.
    Jehovah is Omnipresent buth "Omnipresent is never used in the bible
    Yah is Omniscient but "Omnicient" is never in the bible.
    The "concept" for all is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Come to northeast Georgia and visit my church. Not everyone will speak to you, but a lot of people will. But, we are dealing with a massive cultural difference between New Jersey and anywhere in Georgia. :smilewinkgrin:

15. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I visited a local 2k member church for several weeks. Only One person greeted us during that time. But that's typical of some Baptist who are afraid of "Outsiders", why they might be sinners.

16. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Where did this come from EWF? Is someone posting I can't see?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:
    Well then they wouldn't like me....I'm a mighty big sinner, I drink, sometimes I swear.....and, AND I'm a "YANKEE ".....:eek:....even been known ta dance!!!:laugh:

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just don't think the Rev's church practices washing feet. And I don't know why not....Jesus washed feet.

19. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Did someone ask if someone washed feet? I haven't seen that post.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guys would have to learn to drive in snow first before I would consider a visit.:laugh: