1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ten Commandments Keep them or break them?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Universalism or Arminianism is like listening to a sixth grade girl who never practices attempting von Bethoven's Emperor Concerto, against listening to a Mozart Piano concerto played by maestro Murray Perahiah.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is Calvinism and then there is?????????????????????????
    Your answer is Arminianism apparently. You answer wrongly.
    The correct answer is "non-Calvinism."
    I am not a Calvinist; I am not an Arminian. I am neither one. Don't try to box me into one of your theological boxes; I don't fit.

I am not a universalist and never will be. That obviously doesn't make me a Calvinist.

Your logic is flawed GE.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not even remotely true since God never declare himself to be "puppet master" or "mere programmer" but rather "infinite" God quite capable of creating a free will system without getting that confused feeling that Calvinists get when they think about that idea.

Thus in the Arminian model - God is NOT the cause "of His own lament".

But that does not hold true in Calvinism where God IS the cause of His "own lament".

And you bring this up on the Ten Commandments thread why?

Have you "noticed" that the Calvinists are in favor of them?

in Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I deny God 'laments' or has an 'own lament'.

Did you get that from Scripture?

So, stating <<Thus in the Arminian model - God is NOT the cause "of His own lament">> says nothing and means nothing; it's a waste of words.

Have you noticed that Calvinists never have been against, or, not <<in favour of>> the TCs?

So what's the point in bringing this oxymoron up here?

I could tell you without it that Calvinists do not claim perfection or sinlessness. But I should not mention 'Calvinists'; just 'believer' or 'Christian' says enough.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

A <<limited atoning sacrifice>> IS NO <<atoning sacrifice>>; it is a <<limited>> and therefore imperfect and ineffective <sacrifice>

Again, all it says is Christ failed miserably. That is what you - not I - say.

You are arguing like were you a puppet controlled by an unskilled puppeteer : yourself!

#285 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

All right DHK. Have you finished telling us all the things YOU ARE NOT?

Now tell us WHAT you are?

No serious, you do have a Confession, do you?

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am a Bible believing Christian.
    I am a Baptist. I presented a statement of faith at my ordination. I am a non-Cal who is not an Arminian. It is ridiculous to assume that all who are not Calvinists are Arminians.

You think like the Muslims that I was a missionary to. If one is not a Muslim than one is Christian (whether it be Catholic, Protestant of various stripes and colors, etc.). They don't differentiate, and neither do you.
    You think black and white just like the Muslim does: Muslim or Christian and no in between; Calvinist or Arminian and no in between. The position is foolishness.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No DHK. You cannot tell me what I am or what I believe.

They say during the first and second world wars colour blind pilots did better than normal okes. They couldn't see colours but in the night they were able to distinguish the different shades of shadow or dark. You know what I mean.

Still it is irrelevant. Christian 'sight' is all a 'seeing' its own. Because it is God-given. “For judgment I am come into this world, that they that see not, might see; and that they which see, might be made blind.”

By the way. It is a fact soos 'n koei as we say in Afrikaans, THERE IS NO NOTHING IN BETWEEN ANYTHING NOT CHRISTIAN FAITH AND CHRISTIAN FAITH.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am a Christian, brother. In a relative framework I believe certain distinctives that categorize me as a Baptist, and furthermore as an IFB. That doesn't make me either Calvinist or Arminian.

I have been accused, even by the unsaved, as to be so blind that all I can see is the Bible in front of me. So be it. It is my guide, my foundation, my only rule of faith and order. Calvin is a man. I don't look to him. Nor do I look to other men. The Bible is my final authority in all things. That is where I stand.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God to be praised for it, DHK.

That puts Calvin alongside you in the same 'category' opposite any religion not Christian.

God to be praised for it

That also puts Bob Ryan with yourself and Calvin, within the same 'category' over against all 'religions'.

God to be praised for it

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe you already stated that you are a Calvinist, while I have distanced myself from him.
    But now you have put yourself (a Calvinist), Calvin, EGW, Bob Ryan and the other SDA's all in the same box. Sorry, GE, count me out. I have nothing in common with that group.

12. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We have reached a 30 page limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.