1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The breath of God...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Mar 12, 2013.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

I will close this thread with this statement since no one really wants to discuss the breath of God...

The Bible is more than a fancy storybook or novel. The very words themselves have a life-giving energy concealed within them. Three words we need to understand...
    Inspiration- how God brought the word to the prophets (2Tim. 3:16)
    Revelation- how the prophets penned the words on parchment and paper (Rev. 1:1)
    Illumination - how the words on paper are made alive to the reader ( Beb. 10:32).

Inspiration is the Breath of God, which in reality is His Holy Spirit. In John 3:8 Christ gave an interesting statement comparing the activity of the Holy Spirit to wind.

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
    Blows=breathe hard
    sound=phone

When the Holy Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost, there was a "sound from heaven," which was an outward noise heard in the ears of the people. This word is echos, and it refers to a roaring sound or a loud unknown noise. Phone is where we get our word telephone, in which you hear the word in your ear and you carry on a conversation after listening to the words.

The Holy Spirit came in echos sound, with a mighty noise from heaven, but once the Spirit filled the believers that day, they began to "speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance," or we would say they heard the words the Spirit was speaking to them and began to verbalize them by speaking out loud with their voices. In John 3:8 when it says you will hear the sound, He was revealing that the Spirit would bring a language that you would hear and speak...this is also confirmed in Mark 16..believers would "speak with new tongues."

We should never seek tongues...but the empartation of the power of God (Acts 1:8).

I will not respond anymore to this thread...if you have anything else to address this thread you can message my inbox.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Unless you have changed your theology to agree with us, you are being a bit deceitful in your answer. We all believe that we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit from salvation and that the Holy Spirit never leaves us. BTW, that is part of the doctrine of eternal security.
    But when you sit in front of the TV does the power of the Holy Spirit come upon you? That power you talk of; that baptism, so-called, that filling of Eph.5:18, is that what happens in front of TV watching?
    No you don't.
    You claim to speak in tongues, but you don't.
    It is gibberish, nonsense syllables strung together. It is something that comes from paganism and cults, not otherwise known to Christendom until 1905, the beginning of the Pentecostal movement.
    Biblical tongues were actual languages--something you don't have.
    Neither can you demonstrated that you have any of the gifts of the Spirit.
    It is not me that dwells in unbelief. It is you. You think you have these gifts but you are deceived.
    You are right. I wouldn't want to believe in the devil's offerings.
    I believe in God's revelation which is not man-made. It is something that you have rejected over and over again, though many here have explained it to you.
    Again, you give no evidence that those gifts are for today.
    You can't speak in Biblical languages.
    You can't perform miracles.
    You can't demonstrate that you have the gift of miracles.
    You fail and fail and fail again;
    I believe the Scripture and I interpret it according to its historical context--something you don't and seemingly can't do.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said that there will be sogns and wonders done in last days that, if ir wer possible, would even mislead the very Elect!

paul says coming Man of Sin will do all sorts of signs wonders thru thefalse prophet at his side...

How does Awaken and others of his understanding distinguish in an objective fashion the truth from the false, since they view revelation as ongoing/fluid it seems?

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

One reason why the manifestation of the Holy Spirit is so important in the Last days! Gift of discernment of spirits!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't we all have the Bible, that plainly exposes for us what is really of God, and what is not?

since not ALL have that gift to discern such, why would not all be able to discern?

ALL can though, its called rightly dividing the Bible!

For the gift of discernment was given to some in early church, to know what was being said/spoken/done was really of god, as that was part of the transistion period of the work of the Spriit to confirm truth until the bible came to us!

#185 Yeshua1, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013