1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Contextual definition of Faith in Romans 4:16-23

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jul 27, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here is the summation of the issue of obedience to God.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

You remind me of SBM when you quote yourself and keep posting repeatedly. You refuse to debate others and what they say.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Correct me if I am wrong about this - but where is your response to any of these posts?

Don't you think it is rather difficult for me to respond to no response by you???

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I wanted God’s Truth, not other religion’s truth.
    I got forceful, I stopped doubting completely, I feared God, I humbled myself and confessed that I was a sinner and hated all my sins. I put God before all things and all people.

I started to do things Jesus said, like forgive others because God will not forgive me unless I forgive others. I got married. I tried to make myself the seed that fell along the good soil. I kept knocking until the door was answered. I would never give up or stop searching no matter what or how long it took.

Tell me, if there is nothing you can do to be the person God saves, then why are there so many who say they believe in God and Jesus and keep sinning as there has been no change? The Bible says they are deceived and liars.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
    3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Lk. 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess

Mt. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

#25 The Biblicist, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
  6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have spoken of nothing of my own.

You say that to me after I spoke only the words of God! You try to say I do not know God, when I spoke only of knowing Him and obeying.

You quote a scripture that you do not understand. The scripture you quote is about the Jews who helped in their cleansing before God, when they did ceremonial washings. That scripture you quote is about the Jews who still think they must do something before coming to God, like observance of special days, like offerings.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I have spoken nothing on my own either, just quoted God's Word!

Go back and reread my post. I was not finished when you responded but updated it. The Pharisee's boast and those claims in Matthew 7:22 have nothing to do with ceremonial laws or things necessasry to become a Jew but are simply a list of "good works."

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Tell me, what does not being a "extortioners, unjust, adulterers...I fast twice a week...give tithes" have anything to do with becoming a Jew or with ceremonial laws????

Tell me, what does confessing "Lord, Lord" and "in thy name" and "having done many wonderful works" have to do with becoming a Jew or ceremonial laws?

These are all "works" and many are obedience to the Ten commandments (adulterers) and thus "good" works and yet that did not save them, did not justify them and so how do you think they will save or justify you any more than them as they did them "in thy name" and confessing him as "Lord, Lord"?

#28 The Biblicist, Jul 28, 2012
  9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Yeshua1, Biblicist, and DHK,

Would you three please explain why God tests us after we believe if believing is all we need to do?

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Would you please respond to my last two posts?

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

I spoke of humbling myself, confessing, hating my sin, then you come on and accuse me of being as the Pharisees.
    You show that you cannot make a righteous judgment.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have read the garbage you have said about me.
    I knew you could not explain God's truth.
    Maybe DHK and Yeshua1 would like to try it.

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Quit side stepping the issues! You explicitly said:

The Pharisee's boast and those claims in Matthew 7:22 have nothing to do with ceremonial laws or things necessasry to become a Jew but are simply a list of "good works." -Moriah

Please explain how not be "unjust" not being an "adulterer" claiming Christ as "Lord, Lord" and having done "many wonderful things" and "in thy name" belongs to things necessary to become a Jew or the ceremonial laws?????

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

If you want me to answer your questions, then first STOP putting words down and claiming I said them. Quote me exactly. Do not say things and claim you are quoting me.

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Sorry, That was my sincere mistake. What I had previously saved was posted accidently. Here is the proper quote:

The scripture you quote is about the Jews who helped in their cleansing before God, when they did ceremonial washings. That scripture you quote is about the Jews who still think they must do something before coming to God, like observance of special days, like offerings - Moriah

Here are the scriptures that promoted your response above:

Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
    3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Lk. 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess

Mt. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Tell me, what does not being a "extortioners, unjust, adulterers...I fast twice a week...give tithes" have anything to do with becoming a Jew or with ceremonial laws????

Tell me, what does confessing "Lord, Lord" and "in thy name" and "having done many wonderful works" have to do with becoming a Jew or ceremonial laws?

These are all "works" and many are obedience to the Ten commandments (adulterers) and thus "good" works and yet that did not save them, did not justify them and so how do you think they will save or justify you any more than them as they did them "in thy name" and confessing him as "Lord, Lord"?

#35 The Biblicist, Jul 28, 2012
  16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Again, the Pharisees and teacher's of the law were the only ones who were not baptized for their sins.

You also teach that we do not have to repent before Jesus coming in our heart to live.

You are like the Pharisees.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Jews had the works of the law to be saved by, we are no longer saved by the works of the law.

Again about the Pharisees, they did NOT repent. They were the only ones who did not repent and prepare the way for Jesus in their lives.

That is what you are, you are a Pharisee, refusing to repent before Jesus to come into your heart.

You falsely accuse me of being a Pharisee, and with your false accusations, you show me what you are.

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

So you cannot answer my questions which were:

These were all questions concerning your response to Matthew 7:22-23 and Luke 18:11-12 which was:

The scripture you quote is about the Jews who helped in their cleansing before God, when they did ceremonial washings. That scripture you quote is about the Jews who still think they must do something before coming to God, like observance of special days, like offerings - Moriah

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are just like the Pharisees and teachers of the law.
    The Pharisees and teachers of the law were the only ones who were not baptized for the remission of sins.
    The Pharisees and teachers of the law were the only ones who did not prepare the way for Jesus into their lives.
    THAT IS EXACTLY HOW YOU TEACH. YOU DO WHAT THE PHARISEES DO AND YOU TEACH OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

So again you cannot answer the questions I asked. All you can do is come back making personal accusations, the very thing you condemned me doing to you, you are now doing to me! Doesn't the Word of God call that a "hypocrit"???

You complained that I never responded to your posts but now you will not answer mine.

Again here is your response:

Here are the scriptures that promoted your response above:

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Here are my questions to your response:

#40 The Biblicist, Jul 28, 2012