1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Cross is Useless,Pointless...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rigz, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that may be the case also. I have an e-book version that shows 4 volumes even though they are all in the same e-file. :)

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From his posts, I hazard Rigz is using the CCEL version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    rigz,

More strange posting....how does someone know they are non elect, or elect but not saved as yet?

Same issue....how would anyone know this?

Clearly you want to discuss the non elect persons....okay...lets look;

If They were chosen they would be elect.
    They were not chosen...therefore they are not elect. Why do you sound surprised?

Of course He did'nt die for them....He died for All The Father gave to Him.
    Jesus died a perfectly effectual death for the Sheep....He tells us who He died for....look-
    11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Can you show a verse that says He died for goats?.....n0...???? I did not think you couldCautious

Frown

Why would the Holy Spirit regenerate a non elect person?
    Do you think God has not planned to save everyone He intended too?

The fall has left all men dead in Adam....the bible describes it this way.....perhaps you have not seen this before....
    12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    That tricky Calvinist the Apostle Paul must have sneaked this into the bible when you were not looking...
    He said they were hopelessly lost apart from God saving them by His mercy....is that okay with you?

:confused:

the ungodly love sin....should they be rewarded for sinning....you sound like you feel sorry for those who love sin????
    Notice saints in Heaven do not share your blame God syndrome;
    19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Why should there be hope for those who hate God?

:rolleyes:

I did not read about Noah preventing people from entering the ark.....No one stops them from repenting and believing....they do not want to.Cautious

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How does RM know this?????What does this even mean? Does this even make any sense to anyone?CautiousCautiousCautious

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So.....everyone who was elected by God was elected before the world was.....except for RM????? God waited until he believed first.....then elected him after he first did something???? A special kind of election????CautiousCautiousFrownFrownFrown

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As no individual is eternally decreed to be reprobate, he is actually right. God didn't need such a decree because all men are ALL READY lost in sin and destined for an eternity in a Christless hell. Were it not for the gracious intervention of God we would all be headed for hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not even understand what he meant by that statement, but you have spoken truly....men are without hope and without God in the world if they remain apart from God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rigz

rigz Member

That's why I like such forums; the teachable ones are always learning something new
    Now that you know there is such a thing as 3.23, please look it up.

9. rigz

rigz Member

These are questions we ask Calvin and his followers. By God's providence, I'm delivered from such.

But please note, it is irrelevant whether we know the non-elect or not. It means when you are busy presenting them with salvation offer, you are wasting your time because they can't believe for God created them as hell fodder

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    May we assume you are referring to Book 3 Chapter 23 of the CCEL version?

11. rigz

rigz Member

This I have amply done by a SINGLE quote from Calvin. I need not use the exact words he used, what is important is that I truthfully present his position. This I have done.

And keep reminding yourself that I never said Calvin said those things. So pinning me down with demands for exact quotes and threatening to ban me is highly dishonest

12. rigz

rigz Member

Quick questions
    1. Are some humans eternally decreed to be saved?
    2. Do you like Calvin believe that God's foreknowledge stems from His eternal decrees and not merely foreseeing?

13. rigz

rigz Member

Sir you are right, in fact the link I provided on my post tells it all. I downloaded the PDF version of Institutes from the same place.

Do you object to my using CCEL?
    If you do, I can always get another source.

Thanks

God bless

14. rigz

rigz Member

God knew beforehand who would believe and who would reject the truth. So before they even came into existence, He chose the ones who would believe.

15. rigz

rigz Member

It makes every sense and I'm surprised somebody can't see the sense. We know this because Christ offers eternal life to EVERYONE

16. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so much error.

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
    [1 Corinthians 1:18-25]

Here Paul is proclaiming that the preaching of the cross is indeed foolish...to those who are perishing. But to those who are believing, it is the power of God to save them. Even those who have been saved at one time hated the preaching of the cross. The unregenerate goats and sheep both have the same sin hardened heart that the gospel does not penetrate. They are dead in transgressions and sins[Ephesians 2:1], and both the goats and sheep were deaf, hard-hearted, blinded by sin, and unwilling to come to God. The difference is the sheep, those who God chose from the creation of the world, they were sheep gone astray, and their Shepherd died for them and then called them and gave them eternal life via the preaching of the cross, the preaching of the gospel, the preaching of His word.

17. rigz

rigz Member

That's the question I'm asking Calvin and his followers

Because God hates the death of a sinner yet he appoints sinners to the very thing he hates; death

So my question is, given God's love is manifested in attempting to save, what is wrong with my assertion that there is ZERO love towards those He never even attempted to save?

No reason whatsoever!
    [quote-3Do you think God has not planned to save everyone He intended too?[/quote]
    What is God's love to those He never intend to save?

Paul was Calvinist?
    That's a new low
    What is God's love toward those He does not intend to save given saving is the only manifestation of His love?
    Utterly irrelevant

They hate God because He created them specifically to hate him. Why is it their fault that they do exactly what God created them for?
    Yes they do not want to because God created specifically to hate him. God by his eternal decree made them hell fodder.

I really weep for the Calvin-illiterate Calvinists

18. rigz

rigz Member

Calvin insists it is God's eternal decree that some are goats and others sheep. I really hope and pray his fans can at least acknowledge the trash that he spewed

19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, your vitriol needs to stop. It's not my fault you have fashioned a god contrary to the God of the bible. Take up your heresies with Him.

20. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    rigz, you dumbing this post and your illuminati avatar tells me all I need to know. Why you are allowed to post on here is utterly astounding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.