1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Nine Gifts of the Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, Mar 9, 2012.

?
  1. Knowledge

78.9%
  2. Faith

78.9%
  3. Wisdom

78.9%
  4. Discerning of Spirits

73.7%
  5. Prophecy

63.2%
  6. Tongues

52.6%
  7. Interpretation of Tongues

52.6%
  8. Healing

68.4%
  9. Miracles

57.9%
  10. None

15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

DiscipleS, plural. There was only one, Peter. Out of the 12 there was only one Peter. Peter does not make many disciples.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You said none of the disciples could walk on water. I corrected you with scripture.

Peter walked on water.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Give it up. The miracles or sign gifts have ceased.
    I want to see YOU walk on water.

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is not what you said! Here are your exact words:

You and DHK have not admitted the error of saying the disciples did not walk on water. - Moriah

So, you just didn't accuse DHK of saying that, you accused me also! However, I never said it!

Moreover, do you or do you not agree with plain-n-simple application of John 14:12???

John 14
    12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Believers will do these miracles. - Plain-n-Simple

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Then do not come and defend it, if you do not want to be lumped with it.
    Since you defend what DHK said, then you defend what DHK said. You both cannot admit I have corrected you.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Wrong again! I never did defend it. Read what I said:

Jesus could walk on water and the APOSTLE Peter did for a short period. - Biblicist

It was AFTER I said the above that you falsely accused me of stating that none but Christ ever walked on water! Your accusation was false then and it is false now as I NEVER said any such thing.

False accusation is sin! You have falsely accused me not once but now twice and your too proud to admit you were wrong when it is self-evident to every reader on this forum that you have falsely accused me twice for something I never did. Pride that refuses to admit the truth is an additional sin.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You defended DHK when I corrected him about no disciples walked on water. If you defend someone for what they say, then you will be lumped with them.

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You sir are an intentional lying two faced hypocrite! I never defended DHK's statement and my words prove it! You are a liar and everyone on this thread knows you are a liar and lying is sin.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop calling me a liar. Here is what you said! You quoted me concerning my correcting DHK about Peter walking on water. You said, “ DHK and I have already admitted this is true about the apostles as we pointed to the "signs of an apostle"”
    DHK did NOT admit it. Again, you lumped yourself with DHK when you STATE YOURSELF that YOU and DHK have admitted it. Nowhere did DHK say I was right when I corrected him that Peter did in fact walk on water. YOU SAID "DHK and I have already admitted ..."

#89 Moriah, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You lying again!

First, just as I said DHK had already admitted that the sign gifts were restricted to Christ and the apostles and I quote:

POST #23 - "They were "the signs of an apostle." They authenticated the apostle and the apostle's message, were given during a time that revelation was being given. Now is not that time." DHK

POST #30 - "They were sign gifts of the Apostles. They verified the message of the Apostles, and of the Apostles themselves.

"...confirmed to us by those that heard him...by signs, wonders...and by gifts of the Holy Spirit."

Those that heard him were the Apostles. They testified of the works of the Lord by the gifts of the Holy Spirit which were given to them. There are no Apostles today, hence no supernatural gifts today
    " - DHK

POST #62 - And Christ never commanded us to do miracles. There is no verse in the Bible where Christ commands us to do miracles. Can you point to one - DHK

So you are lying about DHK as well, because he did formerly admit that the apostles did do these things but denied there is any command that we do them today. Indeed, he even used Peter healing others as an example of miracle power given them by Christ. So you have lied about DHK.

Second, this was not the issue between you and me and you know it. You have changed the subject to escape your lies! Let the readers see how you changed the subject to escape being caught in lying about me. Here are your words:

A. Original statement by me and Charge by You:

POST #74 - Jesus could walk on water and the APOSTLE Peter did for a short period. - The Biblicist

POST #75 - You and DHK have not admitted the error of saying the disciples did not walk on water. - Moriah

B. My Response to your charge:

POST #77 - BTW where did I ever say that the disciples of Jesus did not walk on water???????? If I said, quote it and give the post#. I think you are confusing me with someone else. - The Biblicist

POST #84 - That is not what you said! Here are your exact words:

You and DHK have not admitted the error of saying the disciples did not walk on water. - Moriah

So, you just didn't accuse DHK of saying that, you accused me also! However, I never said it! - The Biblicist

POST #79 - DHK said the disciples could not walk on water. I corrected DHK with scripture. Do you get it now? - Moriah

POST #84 - That is not what you said! Here are your exact words:

So, you just didn't accuse DHK of saying that, you accused me also! However, I never said it!
    - The Biblicist

POST #85 Then do not come and defend it, if you do not want to be lumped with it.
    Since you defend what DHK said, then you defend what DHK said. You both cannot admit I have corrected you
    . - Moriah

POST #86 - Wrong again! I never did defend it. Read what I said:

Jesus could walk on water and the APOSTLE Peter did for a short period. - Biblicist

It was AFTER I said the above that you falsely accused me of stating that none but Christ ever walked on water! Your accusation was false then and it is false now as I NEVER said any such thing. - The Biblicist

POST#87 - You defended DHK when I corrected him about no disciples walked on water. If you defend someone for what they say, then you will be lumped with them. - Moriah

C. At this point you change your accusation from claiming I denied any apostle walked on water TO a completely different charge in order to escape your lie that I had agreed with DKH that no apostle walked on water (which I never stated). You attempt to make it appear that what you were really charging me all time with something completely different.

POST #88 - You sir are an intentional lying two faced hypocrite! I never defended DHK's statement and my words prove it! You are a liar and everyone on this thread knows you are a liar and lying is sin. - The Biblicist

POST #89 - Stop calling me a liar. Here is what you said! You quoted me concerning my correcting DHK about Peter walking on water. You said, “ DHK and I have already admitted this is true about the apostles as we pointed to the "signs of an apostle"”
    DHK did NOT admit it. Again, you lumped yourself with DHK when you STATE YOURSELF that YOU and DHK have admitted it. Nowhere did DHK say I was right when I corrected him that Peter did in fact walk on water. YOU SAID "DHK and I have already admitted ..."

However, Post 89 is another falsification of facts. You ommitted my first words which are the very words your Post's 75, 79, 85, 87 deny I ever said -

"Jesus could walk on water and the APOSTLE Peter did for a short period. Jesus could also resurrect the dead and so could his Apostles."

You then jump over those words to a second statement which was NEVER the accusation you made against me in Posts 75, 79, 85, and 87. However, you now conveniently pretend that was your accusation in posts 75, 79, 85, and 87 when every reader can see clearly it was not - Hence, you are caught in another lie in an attempt to escape your first lie.

CONCLUSION: What DHK and I said about signs and wonders being restricted to the Apostlic age and not for today is a matter of record previous to where either you or I entered into this discussion (Posts #'s 23,30,62).

What you explicitly charged me with and charged me falsely with is that I took sides with DHK in denying Peter walked on water when I did not as Post# 74 proves I did not.

You continued making this same exact false charge in Posts #'s 75, 79, 85, 87

You then change the charge completely to something different in post #89, thus lying in order to escape being exposed as a liar. You pretend that you never charged me with with denying Peter walked on water by making it appear you were really charging me with affirming that DHK had already admitted that Christ's signs and wonders were restricted to the apostles and apostolic age which Posts #'s 23,30,62 prove he had admitted that.

You have been caught in a lie. Now you are caught in trying to escape a lie by telling another lie that you were really charging me about something completely different than Peter walking on water but with affirming that DHK had already admitted miracles, signs and wonders were performed by the apostles but restricted to the apostolic age. However that was not your original charge against me and YOU KNOW IT and so does every reader on this forum now know it because I have just reproduced the record of our debates and your posts

#90 The Biblicist, Mar 16, 2012
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It really doesn't matter does it.
    None of the other disciples walked on water.
    They didn't change water into wine.
    They didn't raise the dead (already buried).
    They didn't calm the sea.
    They didn't walk on water unless they were strictly bidden to come. They couldn't do it anytime they wanted to.
    They couldn't feed the 5,000.

These were miracles that demonstrated the deity of Christ.
    Moriah, are you God? Do you have a claim to deity?

Go to the Sea, the Ocean now and demonstrate that you can walk on water as Peter did. There is the evidence that we need. Why won't you do this? Be sure to take a camera crew with you. I am sure you can get your name in the Guiness Book of Records as well.

While your at it duplicate some of the other miracles that Christ did. Go to a funeral and raise from the dead the recently buried loved one of someone. They may be very grateful to you. (or maybe not!)

Demonstrate your power, and your belief that such miracles are for today.
    This is the real question here. Are miracles for today. Get back to the OP.
    Don't derail the thread with all your bickering or I will have to delete your posts. All posts should be directed to the OP.

Got it??

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

I am not even going to read any of your mess. I am not on trial, and you do not speak truth. My opinion is that something is wrong with you in order for you to carry on as you do against me personally.

Answer yes or no, did you ever admit to me that I corrected DHK when he said no disciples walked on water?

DHK NEVER ADMITTED THAT I SHOWN HIM SCRIPTURE THAT PROVED HIM WRONG.
    YOU ALSO NEVER ADMITTED THAT I SHOWN DHK SCRIPTURE THAT PROVED HIM WRONG.

#92 Moriah, Mar 16, 2012
  13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop harassing me. You need to stop asking me if I am deity. You need to stop following me around too and derailing threads.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I clarified my position Moriah so that is irrefutable. I await an answer from you; one that I will probably never get.

Here it is.
    No disciple ever walked on water except that disciple was strictly bidden to by Jesus, and that one was only Peter.
    It was an exception not the norm. The miracle was still a miracle that Jesus did. It still attested to the deity of Christ. So I ask you again Moriah:

Can you walk on water?
    Feed the 5,000?
    Calm the raging sea?
    Turn the water into wine?
    Raise the dead (already buried) to life again?

Can you do these miracles?
    If these are still for today, why aren't you performing them? Take us to the ocean and a camera crew with you, and show everyone your ability to be like Jesus and walk on water. Do the miraculous and follow in his steps as you claim you can.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Whose harassing who Moriah. You have been calling Biblicist a liar for how many posts now? I want you to demonstrate your claims that you have made. Put up or shut up.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I am not even going to read this harassing post to me.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop talking to me like that. I already gave my proof. NOW STOP HARASSING ME.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You walked on water??
    Where? When? Is it documented?

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop harassing me.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You said you had proof; I would take it that the proof is these miracles are still in existence and you have the power to do them. So did you walk on water?