1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Sheep and the Goats Judgment

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Jul 28, 2014.

1. beameup

beameup Member

Replacement Theology by any other name is still Replacement Theology,
    and remains a heresy whether in the 4th century or today.
    I'm sure Rome is ecstatic to see this development among Protestantism.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
    that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
    Romans 11:25-27

Concerning the Millennium, Israel (pure genetic Hebrews) will serve the Lord, the King, in their own land, on earth, in Israel. From there, Jesus will rule the nations.

#21 beameup, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is a historical fact that National Israel was judged in 70 AD when Rome destroyed the Temple, where the useless sacrifice of animals continued, and Jerusalem was laid waste. The useless sacrifice of animals in the Temple may well be the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel. We read in Matthew:

Matthew 24:15, 16
    15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    16. Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

It is a historical fact that the Christians in Jerusalem were warned and fled Jerusalem before the destruction by Rome.

Philip Schaff in his History of the Christian Church [8 volumes] describes this persecution of the Church, as follows [Volume II, page 36]:

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....now you're sounding like one of them 'Preterists the pox of Baptists' types... :)

#23 kyredneck, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Better watch out. You'll be accused of being anti-semitic.....

5. OldRegular

Partial only!

6. beameup

beameup Member

"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"

Replacement Theology by any name is still a 4th century Catholic heresy... "partial" or "full". :wavey:

7. OldRegular

And look what Darby did to many churches! And then there is Bullinger!

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

"And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory; and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats, and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left. `Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me; naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me. `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink? and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around? and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee? `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it]." (Matthew 25:31-40) YLT)

"Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers; for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink; a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me. `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee? `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me. And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during." (Matthew 25:41-46 YLT)

In this resurrection story told by Jesus, both the sheep and goats are presented before Him simultaenously. Look closely at verse 41..."Then shall He say to those on the left hand"; this was right after He had told the sheep on the right what they were getting, entrance into heaven. Seems like they're both there at the general resurrection to me.

"Wonder not at this, because there doth come an hour in which all those in the tombs shall hear his voice, and they shall come forth; those who did the good things to a rising again of life, and those who practised the evil things to a rising again of judgment. (John 5:28,29 YLT)

Again, it appears both saints and sinners, sheep and goats, appear before Him on the last day, the resurrection day.

Then in Revelation 20, there is both great and small standing before Him in judgement. So, even though I don't debate eschatology a whole lot, because wherever He is, is where I want to be. And if I am eternally with Him, whether here on a refurbished earth, or in heaven above, I'll be satisified. TBS, I am a dyed in the wool amill....

9. OldRegular

Well said, Willis!