1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Top Obama Aide Just Admitted Obama Really Could Be Impeached

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac - first, you're incorrect about not judging those outside the church. What scripture tells us to not judge the world?

Every time you post something about watching sinful TV shows, you're showing that you've judged something outside the church. Every time you make a comment about Romney rejecting Christ, you've judged someone outside the church. So you're not following your own statement.

Second, who are you to judge whether others are praying for the president, or whether their prayers are sincere?

Third, at what point are Christians supposed to disobey their rulers? Answer: when their rulers ask them to disobey God. When our president wants us to accept that which the bible says is abomination, or act in ways that are not in accordance with scripture, should we simply say, "oh, he's the ruler God placed over us"? Or should we remain standing, like the three?

Love sometimes means telling people that something is sinful. How do most people react to that? No one likes being told they're a "bad person."

Consider this poison that you claim; and consider how much of it has affected you. Consider carefully; because scripture tells us that there are six things God hates, and seven are an abomination; that list ends with "those that sow discord among the brethren." And if there's anyone here who causes more discord among the brethren than you, I'm hard-pressed to figure out who it is.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, you seem to be the only person who realizes that the racist who speak against Obama for lying are going to be punished by the election of another Democrat, i.e., Hillary. Is Hamas going to attack us, too?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you. 1 Cor. 5:12-13

Nice try. Every time I've mentioned those, it's been in relation to what those IN the church are doing.

I'm the person pointing out what any truthful person knows to be the absolute truth. Now if you want to fool people into thinking that they can speak so disrespectfully of a person every day and then expect folks to believe that they are sincerely praying for that person, you'll have to try to convince someone who doesn't know any better.

Where has anything been said about Christians disobeying God to obey the President? That's just an excuse that's tossed around on here and in church circles used to justify not honoring, respecting or praying for the man.

Who has questioned the right to tell someone that something is sinful other than you questioning my right to tell the lot that the behavior demonstrated by folks on this board is disgustingly sinful?

Again, nice try. When the brethren are unrepentantly sinful, you're darn skippy there's gonna be discord and that discord is constantly being brought about by the brethren unrepentantly sinning and attempting to justify it.

So you can save that. There was discord amongst the Pharisees too whenever Jesus rebuked their wickedness.

But as I said a long time ago and you just reaffirmed, the only reason yall come after me is because I don't back down from telling you that the behavior stinks and reflects NOTHING of Christ.

So as long as the unChristlike behavior continues, I'm gonna continue to point it out.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Rule #3 states - Show grace to the other posters. When someone disagrees with you, discuss it; but be slow to offend, and eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend. Further, if we are "earnestly contending for the faith" it would be unrealistic not to expect at times to be misunderstood or even ridiculed. But please note that your words can sometimes be harsh if used in the wrong way.

It is not up to board members to act as the end all in what is, and what isn't Crhsitlike behavior. This kind of inference is what provokes anger, as a person or persons love for Christ or relationship with God, or adherence to the Bible is definitely being called into question!

The mods need to pay attention to this, and enter an opinion as to what is being inferred from one brother to another. Silence on such statements is kin to approval!