1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump's Latest Offensive and Demeaning Comments About Women

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Oct 7, 2016.

1. David Crosby

David Crosby Member

No I'm not FOR Trump. but we're talking about our own government telling our... or should I say my troops to stand down and allow my own countryman to be murdered... And you wonder why nothing was done. Pathetic. I'm out of here. To many itchy ears.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No one said you were for Trump. I would venture that every President had at one point told our guys to stand down and the lives of our countrymen and others have been lost. Those are the decisions that Presidents make and hopefully with a lot more intel than we're privy. And they seem to do it quite a bit. It's just not publicized.

How many soldiers and American citizens died because we went into Iraq after being 9/11ed by Saudis?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

After I read the article in the OP, I was astonished. Astonished that people would believe the testimony of a woman that ended up dating the man that she claims tried to rape her. A woman that was pressing charges, but then dropped the suit when Trump agreed to settle a separate, unrelated matter. A woman, who in her own words, "looks like a fool".

In this article, we have a he said / she said. You can't automatically pick the side of one or the other. She made claims, he denied them. You can't know for a certainty who is right. You only have other behavior to help you make the distinction. And on her part, she has shown herself to be, at best, an idiot. Even if she were telling the truth about the situation, all her credibility was lost when she dated the man.

Also, if she's telling the truth, then what he did was immoral; obviously. But in her own words, "he was never violent, and genuinely seems to assume ... interest on her part". In other words, according to her own testimony, he honestly thought she was playing hard to get. Immoral yes. But a far cry from rape.

Now, about what he said eleven years ago; that was crass and uncalled for. And he apologized for it. Did he mean his apology, or was it simply politics? That's what each of us have to decide for ourselves.

On another note, there have been a lot of stupid comments in this thread going back and forth. As I've stated in another thread, I'm trying to stay out of the presidential threads (I think I've made a total of 5 posts in presidential threads so far); and this is primarily the reason why. Last I checked, we're all Christians (we all claim to be, anyway; hopefully we all are). We're on the same side. A difference of opinion in how to fight on that same side does not constitute being on opposite sides. Instead of shooting each other, maybe we could simply stay out of each other's way?

Each person has a moral obligation to vote (or not vote) for the person who they believe God wants them to vote for. Different people have come to different conclusions based upon what they believe God wants. Obviously, the major division is whether or not God wants us to vote for who we view is the lesser of two evils, or if that in and of itself would be wrong.

For me, it's the classical Trolly Problem. Damage is going to happen, and I must do what I can to minimize that damage. For others, it's a step away and letting the chips fall where they lie. For a third group, it's a belief that a vote for a third party can have an impact. If that is your view, obviously I disagree with you and believe my view to be right. But that doesn't mean that I have to demean you, criticize you, or hate you. If you honestly believe that you are doing what God wants you to do, then all I can do is show you all the evidence and hope that God convicts you to join me in what I see as right. Any more than that, and I am overstepping my bounds and it becomes sin in a similar vein as getting someone to violate their conscience.

For me (and I realize that this is a huge point of contention), a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. I cannot be convinced otherwise. For someone to try and convince me otherwise is ok, but to try and convince me to vote third party without convincing my conscience that it's not a wasted vote is the line where it becomes sin. Same goes the other way. If you believe that you are to vote third party, then I can show you evidence to try and convince you that you're wrong. But if I begin berating you for doing what you believe is right, then I am in sin.

Politics sure brings out the ugly in a lot of people.

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what bothers me most is that, in order to bring out that ugly, it had to be in them in the first place. And that saddens my old pastor's heart. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, you are wrong Zaac because Hillary will appoint justices that further insure the shedding of innocent blood, eugenics, the corrupting of biblical principles (namely marriage and unisex), the destruction of the Bill of rights as well as eroding the rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness for generations to come.

Also, there is a significant sector of Christians who support Hillary's wickedness, just because you qualified it "en masse" means little - however there are enough of them to be on Facebook. Perhaps that got by you?
    https://www.facebook.com/EvangelicalsforHillary/

Bottom line - The lesser of two evils (actually three) - which one?

1.) Hillary
    2.) Trump
    3.) Throw away vote (stay at home, 3rd party, write-in).

I believe Hillary will win because of #3.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bite yer tongue Hank! ;)

I believe Trump will have a surprisingly high turnout that will make a clear statement that this country is truly ready for a change.

Most of the #3's that will be left are probably habitually #3 and usually never make much difference anyway...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must say these Trump supporters that defend a man that says he gets away with sexual assault is very....Clintonesque.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can't know the dynamics but you may be right.

As for biting my tongue: OUCH!! :eek:

HankD

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes very Clintonesque indeed.

HankD

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be that since so many R- political leaders are keeping their distance from Trump -
    the rank and file will realize its time for a major change .....

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but who do they have? Trump overshadowed and out-debated all 17 of the best they could muster.
    They will have to live that down, if possible.

The GOP is shot through with establishment neocons and RINOs.

HankD

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Idolatry.

Who Hillary appoints or doesn't has NOTHING to do with the Christian witness. You're just making excuses to support evil. And I find it hard to believe that you or any other Christian ego support that wicked man really cares about life while being so flippant with your Christian witnesses and eternal life.

There's a hypocrisy that says y'all don't really mean what you say.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Ain't it though? Sadly they don't care.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Trump didn't outdebate anyone. He said a bunch of nothing back then and didn't answer any questions. He used a bunch of platitudes and gibberish as his responses.

He definitely didn't outdebate anyone with probably the exception of Ben Carson who sounded as crazy as Trump.

He's the nominee because the GOP is filled with a bunch of racially prejudiced and racist old white men with whom his build a wall and immigrant shtick stuck.

15. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who are you supporting?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I might just write you in. But it certainly won't be the Democrat or Republican nominees.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac you shouldn't use such vitriol, I don't think you realize what you are proclaiming about yourself when you make these kinds of accusations. To me it seems to have an element of extreme overreach against your brethren.

To you perhaps Hillary's appointments may not have anything to do with your Christian witness.
    But to me it has everything to do with mine.

Please don't lay your own personal value system on me.

After all we will both ultimately answer to Jesus Zaac as you well know and honestly - I sincerely want the best for you brother.

HankD

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well whatever he did he sure fooled a lot of people and I am sure you will agree with that.

BTW Zaac what are you going to do if the unlikely happens and Trump wins the election?

Just asking.

Thanks
    HankD

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hank that ain't vitriol. That's righteous indignation for the way CHristians are really showing how they feel about life.

It's not overreach. You're making excuses again.

I haven't laid a personal value system on anyone.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'll combat it just like I combat the world's wickedness today: by making disciples who obey everything that God commands.

Unlike yourself and a lot of other Christians, I don't really care about the SCOTUS. God had already told us what to do.

But as I've said before, any Christian who supports this man for any reason needs to just flat shut up when it comes to commenting on ANY sin that anyone else commits.