1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What do BB Arminians Believe?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

That is fine. It doesn't matter to my perspective when God planned to save Gentiles by faith, that is irrelevant to this point. Does it help you if I concede that God didn't plan to save the Gentile by faith until after creation? Does that fix your misconception of my views?

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL Skandelon, I post and you ignore.

You repeatedly claim I do not understand, a effort to shift the topic to me rather than corporate election.

The verse says nothing about God planning. Why are you talking about God planning when the verse says God chose from the beginning.
    The corporate election before creation - God chose His Redeemer, and therefore corporately elected us in Him - is consistent with both our views. It is the election after creation that you do not understand.

You try to make 2 Thessalonians 2:13 read like this, God [planned] to choose the Gentiles from all eternity, for salvation, through the mechanism of allowing them to walk into the wedding feast based on their faith equating with being clothed in righteousness.

Not what it says.

#102 Van, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you now a so-called Calminian? How can one hold to a middle postion logically. Amyraldism tried ...and failed.

You're not making any sense here. Shall we also ban the use of the word Arminianism and its cognates?

Calvinism is a nickname for a very well defined system of theology that you professed to be in agreement with a short time ago.

If more Christians would live their lives more along the lines Calvin lived his --what a boon to the Kigdom of God we would have!

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Think we have to remember that calvin is NOT Calvinism, as his followers expanded/added on to his theology...

Also that NO system is 100 % accurate, as we all see thru a glass dimly, and NONE of us can claim Apstocity inspiration/revelation, catholics and word of faith notwithstanding!

Also think pretty neat seeing van and Skan discuss Arminianism here!

5. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

If I were ignoring you I wouldn't even respond. I'm trying to help you understand my perspective, which I'm not convinced you do based upon how you have replied to me thus far. Maybe if you took the time to restate my view in your own words, then I'd know you understood me?
    No, its an effort to help you understand my perspective...nothing more.

Can you explain to me the difference in someone choosing to do something from the beginning and planning to do something from the beginning? ...Please...

How about you allow me to speak for myself? Personally, I think the message paraphrase captures the meaning quite well, "Meanwhile, we've got our hands full continually thanking God for you, our good friends - so loved by God! God picked you out as his from the very start. Think of it: included in God's original plan of salvation by the bond of faith in the living truth."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.