1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Shall Lay Anything To The Charge of Gods Elect?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 11, 2014.

1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I thought you might like that. :thumbs:

Not really. You already rejected the possibility that you have anything to learn, so why should I expect your approval so soon?

You didn't request anything in your previous post. It was more like telling me to take my ball and go home. I already noted a parallel passage, did you not notice?

If not, go back and read it. Then come pull up a chair.

But I'll tell you this much: I really am not interested in wasting my time. But for you, I will invest.

You let me know when you've compared the two passages, which I contend are parallel.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Waaaaaaay off.

Luke 15 is not about the Pharisees, but it is about how the Pharisees misjudged "sinners" and how God feels about them.

Luk 15:1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
    2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

See how the Pharisees and scribes condemned Jesus for being with and eating with sinners? But Jesus had a different view of sinners.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
    4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Note that the sheep was not lost at first, in fact, NONE of the sheep were lost originally.

One sheep went astray and became lost. Did Jesus "pass by" this lost sheep?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
    6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
    7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Jesus finds his lost sheep. He carries it home. And now he rejoices more over this one lost sinner that has repented, than 99 just persons which need no repentance.

Whoa!! wait a minute! What did Jesus mean? There is no such thing as 99 just persons who need no repentance! Doesn't Jesus know all men are born dead "in Adam"?

Apparently not.

The point is, all men originally are children of God, but all men go out and become lost, and this is when they are joined to the devil.

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

The prodigal was not born dead in sin, or separated from his father.

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
    13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
    14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

The boy went out in sin knowingly and willingly. And when he sinned, he sold himself to sin (Rom 7:14)

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
    16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

Here we see the prodigal sold to sin, sold to the devil. This is how men "become" children of wrath.

Did the boy lose his ability to repent? NO, he was quite able to repent and turn toward home.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
    18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
    19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
    20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

The boy was able to "come to himself" and recognize his lost condition, and he was able to resolve to return to his father. He arose and headed for home.

Note how his father saw him from a great distance, this is God's foreknowledge, God can foresee who will believe on Jesus in time before it actually happens.

And note how the father embraced him, even before the prodigal could confess. God sees the heart.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
    22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
    23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
    24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Note that when the boy repented, his father said he was alive AGAIN. This shows that the boy was originally alive, then became lost and spiritually died. But now he is alive AGAIN.

So, this idea that the elect were always saved is pure error. This boy was not born dead in sin as many falsely teach, but he went out in sin and became lost, and became dead. When he repented he was alive AGAIN.

This scripture utterly refutes Original Sin.

And the elder son? Who was he? He was no Pharisee, Jesus called the Pharisees "serpents" and "vipers"

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

The elder son is not a Pharisee or scribe, they were serpents and vipers. No, the elder son was someone who has never sinned.

29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
    30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

This elder son never sinned. I didn't say that, Jesus did. Did the father correct the boy or call him a hypocrite? NO, the father confirmed what the boy said was true.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
    32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

The father did not correct the elder son, he called him "Son" and said, "Thou art EVER with me, and all that I have is thine". This boy was not lost, he was not dead.

No, it was his brother who went out and became lost and dead, but now was alive AGAIN.

So, who could the elder son be? What person has never sinned?

Think real hard.

Men are not born sinners, they are not born lost, they are not born separated from God. Originally all men are God's sheep. But men go out in sin and become lost, and become dead, and join themselves to a citizen of that far country. But when a sinner repents, he is alive AGAIN. He is RETURNED to the Bishop and Shepherd of his soul.

1 Pet 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

You cannot return someplace you have never been.

As for the elder son who never sinned, where do the scriptures tell us of persons who have never sinned? If you know that scripture, then you will know who the elder son was.

God loves his sheep and he does not pass them by.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be condemnation as to the eternal state of the saved person, but there will still be an accounting as to how they chose to live for jesus while here in the flesh...

Judgement unto keeping/.losing eternal rewards...