1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Walks In The Light?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Stegley, Jan 4, 2014.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I wasn't aware of that. Can you give an example as to their similarities with the emergent church?

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just reading their view of continued revelation and trying to “hear” God. This is not unique to Quakers, but it does seem similar to what I have read recently regarding the emerging church and personal revelations/truths independent of biblical context (the context of which the texts were written). In retrospect, however, this may very well be an unwarranted comparison and perhaps a result of my current reading rather than an objective analysis.

3. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Lol. Touchy, today? Do you not agape me? If you do not agape me in obedience to Jesus' Command to do so, you will be answering to His Father, and will have no more time to share your pettiness with me.

If you want to debate, then speak to the topic of walking in the Light as Jesus "is" in the Light, rather than trying so hard to make ad hominem remarks about me based upon your feelings.

Now, do you walk in the Light "as Jesus is in the Light," or not? This should not be a difficult question to answer for you, unless you feel upset for some small reason.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Trolls are so predictable..... and boring... :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Especially since this one has been here before.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Me? Touchy? Nooooo. "Agape you? Learn to speak English or you will go to grammar school; never mind trying to scold me. Perhaps "processing human tissue" has affected your thinking.
    Here is what you said:
    1. The word "troll" is a pejorative. It is not complimentary. To call Christ a troll is blasphemous, and yes I am deeply offended by someone coming here and posting such blasphemous things against my Savior!
    If you don't understand the passages that you referenced then ask, we will explain them to you. But to characterize Jesus as a troll is beyond comprehension.

2. I answered with direct honesty your question "Why keep posting to me?" That doesn't make me touchy, but honest. It answers your question. If you don't like answering the posts of others, then leave. Short and simple.
    Tell me how I should feel when someone commits blasphemy on this board, on a forum which I moderate? Shall I start giving you infractions? Most others would receive one for statements like that. Consider it a warning.
    In answer to both you and the OP, no! It is impossible for you to be walking in the light and at the same time committing blasphemy against the Lord. Absolutely impossible. Incredible that you should call Christ a troll!!!
    I just did; I hope you read it over again.

7. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Have you a reason as a pastor/reverend/professional church talker to focus upon finding fault with others? Jesus commands not to do so.

Do you know Jesus and His Commands, or do you only know your own thoughts? Remember, according to Matthew 6:14-15 if you do not forgive my minor little trespasses against you, Reverend, God will not forgive your trespasses. Because unforgiven people cannot go to Heaven, then you will be going to Hell.

Make sense?

8. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Are you avoiding the definition of "troll" as it is being used here? Give it, without twisting the definition to support your feelings of being offended.

Try to remember, as well, just because one of your buttons got pushed does not mean that button is Godly. No Scripture supports human experience being a reliable source for true Doctrine. Also, try to remember we all are accountable to God, and not to the feelings and buttons of others.

I am waiting for the legitimate definition of "troll." As well, a correct read of the post which bothers you would be that I did not call Jesus a "troll," but rather specifically said He "trolled." It is no different than saying God "kills," which He has done in Scripture on selected people, but God is not a "killer." Can you see this beyond your feelings about "how I seem to be?"

#108 Stegley, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  9. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Pretty sure the bible has some strong words to say against trolling (sowing discord among the brethren); and so I believe it's pretty denigrating to say that Jesus trolled.

If someone kills, they are a killer. If someone lies, they are a liar. If someone trolls, they are a troll. So, you trying to say that you didn't call Jesus a troll, merely saying that he trolled, doesn't hold water.

10. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Have you read Luke 4:16-30, or are you just guessing at it?

If you are saying I sow discord among Brothers, then quote some specific examples of me doing so, rather than just making off handed mention of it. Step up like a strong Man of God with facts, rather than talking like a woman about "how things seem."

Lol. Do it.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The only definition you need to be concerned with is this one, the one you should already have read and promised to abide by:
    [SIZE=-1]
    It would be good for you to re-read all the posting rules and the user-agreement which you promised to abide by when you registered here. The Lord himself does not look kindly on broken promises.
    [/SIZE]
    As I said, I am not the one committing the horrible sin of blasphemy.
    You are.
    You need to repent. Get right with God. Why do you carry on with this foolishness?
    A legitimate definition" Read the rules and find out for yourself. Surely you don't need to be spoon-fed as a little child.
    A troll trolls.
    A murderer murders.
    A thief steals.
    A liar lies.

So if you are calling God: a troll, murderer, thief and liar, just move along. There is no place for you here. I tire of your word games and blasphemy.

12. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Have you read Luke 4:16-30?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

A non-sequitor.
    Are you claiming to be Jesus?
    Is this another one of your blasphemies?

14. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

This whole thread is a trolling attempt. The fact that you asked a question, rejected all answers, claimed to want to learn, then tried to correct every other person means that you are trolling.

15. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Trolls

Funny thing about trolls and those who complain about them is that they give them many replies and much attention. In my opinion I think people actually enjoy them. :smilewinkgrin: :thumbs:

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I am able - there were 3 I named above.

I pray several times a day when I see someone with a need, sometimes more than 10 times.

Praise, worship - sometimes several times a day.

Giving to the needy.

Contemplation in the scripture - often several times.

Loving my brethren, etc...

HankD

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When things like this are said it is obvious that you don't have a clue what it is to "walk in the light."
    You are not in a position to instruct others or even pretend to.

18. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Don't be afraid to read Luke 4:16-30 before you try to talk about it.

19. Stegley

Stegley New Member

So, when you give to the needy, are you loving them as yourself, or are you loving them less than yourself by giving them less than what you afford yourself?

Health insurance? A car with insurance? 3 meals a day? Entertainment? Vsacations? Personally attractive clothes and accessories?

20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you? Oh, that's right, you give no answers, only preach to others your void of understanding the scriptures.