1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why I am #NEVERTRUMP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by blessedwife318, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

after all this rhetoric, it still comes down to, "would your rather have 4 years of Hillary or Trump"?

NEVERHILLARY I say.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the GOP did nominate Trump -
    as been said - We KNOW what Hilary will do.
    Realistically, we know that it it will be Hilary or Trump who will be the next POTUS. I will say this - IF the Constution Party can start polling a minium of 30% by 1 Oct and with enough States/Commonwealths to win the EC, I might consider the CP.

As I said before - NEVERHIllary

and Methinks Trump may just do a good job.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #43 church mouse guy, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Greetings blessedwife318,

I am not a Trump supporter, but I must disagree with you on this point. Though I think there is some validity, these supporters have culpability at best.

IMO, and I am qualifying this as my opinion, the larger share of the blame goes to the party itself, for putting up candidates such as Cruz (a fraud in practically every respect), Bush (a member of the NeoCons), Rubio (I am originally from Florida and I wouldn't vote for him to be dogcatcher), Graham (who could ever forget that photo op disaster in Iraq with McCain?), et al.? These were the best the GOP had to offer? Seriously??

Now the blame will shift to those who will vote for other candidates rather than for Trump. That will ensure that the presumptive Democratic candidate wins in November. Clearly, you do not like the prospect of a Trump presidency, do you really think the presumptive Democratic candidate will be better? If you vote for anyone else, that is precisely who you will get.

This is absolutely awful, and I share your reluctance to vote for Trump, but I guess I will convince myself that I am not voting FOR someone, but rather I am voting AGAINST someone.

Regards, hope all is well,
    BiR

• Like Like x 1
  5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At this point regardless of what I do a Democrat will be in the oval office. The question that remains will it be the Democrat that at least ran within her own party, or the demagogue who ran in the Republican Party?
    Trump showed in his acceptance speech that he is just as big a statist as Hilary, and as I have shown in my OP it is clear that Trump loves authoritarian governments, and he made it clear in his acceptance speech that he plans to govern from an authoritarian permis. Thanks but no thanks. I don't want anyone as petty as Trump with that kind of power.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reaganism, defined sometimes as strong defense, small government, and traditional Christian values, has been abandoned by the GOP. Even Pence, who refused to stand for the rights of Christians against the rich and powerful LGBT Lobby living in downtown Indianapolis, shows the abandonment of traditional values. Certainly, the GOP now calls for the old "me, too" GOP that says that big government is okay if it managed well.

The question now is if the Donald will lead the way for a strong defense. It is certain that Hillary is an ardent hawk and would have us in some sort of forlorn war in short order.

I am making up my mind on election day--I should live so long....

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each morning I awaken and see the news that Hillary is ahead of Trump.

Has this nation gone insane to even nominate a (political label and adjective deleted) like Hilary Clinton?

Sure, Donald Trump may start the inevitable nuclear war with Iran but at least we might win.
    Yes - again millions will die - but didn't someone say "give me freedom or give me death"?

"That depends on what your definition of 'is' (or 'violence') is"

Please go back to the golf course until next January Mr. president before you embarrass us in front of the whole world again with your propaganda and self-serving nonsense.

Because of course you are the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. Nice try, but no cigar.

HankD

#47 HankD, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Amen again. If not voting for him gets Hillary elected, oh well. She's in the same boat with me as he is: I ain't voting for her either.

I become more disgusted with Christians of no conscience every day. All some are concerned about is winning for the GOP and keeping Hillary out of office.

What about God? When do we reach that point of caring about how who we support reflects upon our Christian walk?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac you do understand that many Christians believe that God would be pleased with an individual who supports a pro-life platform and to choose that individual "reflects upon our Christian walk".

As Cruz said "vote your conscience".

We each have to answer to God (of course) and no one but He in reality will know what we do when we draw that curtain and fill out the ballot.

Your scale of values clashing with someone else means little to the someone else.
    We Americans are a strong willed bunch (but you know that).

HankD

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Pure tomfoolery. I know it and you know it that DT doesn't give a flying flip about being pro-life. There are more lives than just unborn babies. And the things that man has said about others shows that he is not pro-life.

I continue to be speechless at the way the Body keeps selling out to foolishness.

If your conscience is in opposition to the word of God, why would you vote your conscience as though it knows better than God?

Yep I know that every 4 years, the Body looks more and more less like Christ and have used this whole conscience voting to justify it.

I don't care about what anyone's conscience says if it's not aligned with God's word.
    Donald Trump is a wicked, wicked man and a complete turnoff to folks coming to know Christ.

I keep praying that lost people don't encounter any Christians who support that man. I forsee lost people driving up to our churches and seeing Trump bumperstickers and thinking if these folks support that man, then I don't want to hear anything they've got to say, and driving off right into hell, all because we want to win an election more than we want to see souls won.

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From your reasoning, you are partly responsible fo Obama's last eight years. Your moral high ground is noting but a muddy swamp.

(I am a bit surprised that nobody commented on this earlier.)

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So be it if that is what you think.
    Time will certainly tell.

HankD

13. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I think Obama was better for America than McCain and Romney. The Supreme Court wasn't at the edge of a cliff, and Obama helped put Republicans in Congress. Neither McCain or Romney care about average Americans, nor for fighting for our religious freedom. Garbage like them led to Trump (rebellion against GOP leadership). Both also lost by a huge margin, without any Republican-led movement to take away their votes. Past elections are not this election.

I didn't take a vote away from McCain or Romney, as my vote was never owned by the Republican party in the first place. RATs are taking away votes from Trump. RATs are also taking away votes from every conservative candidate and issue on state and local ballots.

RATs have rodent brains. And, if they're not so dumb, then they're treachery is premeditated.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With that kind of judgement, you ought not be giving advice to Conservatives on who they should vote for.

So you just declared that those who do not support Trump are both stupid and treacherous. Well done.

The more you comment on Conservative Politics, the more people see you in unflattering light for what you are.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's not forget that Smyth also said that we'd have been better off with Gore than with Bush.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

16. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Why don't try engaging others with reasoning, [Edited]

#56 Smyth, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
  17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you mean post like this:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take your own advice.

"RATs have no conscience." -Smyth NeverHillary

"Most of the RATs (Republicans Against Trump) are not-bright lemmings." -Smyth So It Begins: ‘Never Trump’ Gets a Resounding Victory in State Ruling

"RATs (Republicans Against Trumps) are doing Satan's work." -Smyth Christian Dating Site forced to include...

There is more material one could cite, but I think that these examples of your own words make my point.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not a given that Hillary will win, it is not a given that a Democrat will win in fact Hillary cannot beat Trump. And I am not voting for him.

20. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

RATs have [Edited], and they prove it when they skip over topic-relevant substance in a post and instead [Edited] about a tagline. I know... I hit RAT nerves....

#60 Smyth, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.