1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why is the Country Morally and Economically in the Toilet?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Zaac- I'm surprised that you mention nothing about Christians voting for Romney.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That is a fallacious argument. Why should I have to prove different and not you? Ridiculous.

You must have been living in a cave to say that morals were just as bad 50 years ago as they are today. I'll bet everyone on here agrees with me and not with you.

Anyway, did the following exist 50 years ago? Obscenity on television; extreme disrespect for teachers in the classroom; female immodesty in dress in public; high rates of out-of-wedlock-births; sagging pants below the butt with underwear showing; homosexual marriages and ordinations; partial birth abortions where they stick a needle through a baby's skull and suck out its brains while it is being born; allowing and approving of recruiting thugs and criminals to play college football; and the list could go on. But that is sufficient proof.

#22 Michael Wrenn, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Michael, this board is infested by the "burden of proof" crowd. :laugh: There were no doubt plenty of folks saying that things weren't worse before God sent the Great Flood.

Just accept that scoffers will come just as God said they would.

The fear is palpable amongst some on this board. I sense they think that if they don't acknowledge that things are worse, they don't have to think that God's wrath is getting ready to be poured down on this Earth and they can go on with their 9 to 5, white picket fence and 2.3 children.

Time is running out QUICK and there will always be those scoffers who for whatever reason don't want to acknowledge what is plain to see.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I'll just say this: I don't think it's possible not to have to pay in some way for the murder of 50 million babies since Roe vs. Wade. That's spilling the blood of the innocent and not doing anything about it by a populace that is claimed to be 80% Christian. I don't know how or when the recompense will come, but this is a vicious sin against God and creation.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Add to the murder of babies, the growing endorsement of the destruction of "traditional marriage". Another Sodom in the making. And, we know how God demonstrated His wrath in that case.

Like you, I don't know when or how God will render judgement. But, we do know He keeps His promises with regards for both good and evil.

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Yes, and the mainline churches are contributing to that destruction. But in doing so, they are planting their own seeds of destruction where all God will have to do is watch -- thousands of their members are voting on this with their feet.

7. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Well Said Oldtimer...!

I have heard it said (and I think it to be true) that if 'God doesn't judge America for its "national" sins such as abortion and endorsement of sodomy then He would owe Sodom and Gomorah an apology.' I think we can all agree...that ain't happening!

The evil that is steadily destroying this nation is not just particular to our country,but is also true of this entire fallen world. God is in control and is working out His plan for the ages. All we must do as individual Christians is be true to Him in our daily walk as much as possible and do all we can to win as many others as possible in the time we have here. That is WHY we are HERE....or He would have taken us home when he saved us. We need to remember that we are to be His witnesses.....regardless of the outcome. The outcome is in His sovereign hands. Thank God for His Word....by which we can know how all this will play out and end up. There is (thank God) a better day coming...and I think sooner rather than later! Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Bro.Greg

8. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

One of the economic woes nobody wants to talk about is the fact that all those aborted babies will never need a dr, a teacher, a house, a car, clothing, food, never pay a dime in taxes, and never produce anything--including more babies.

If you look closely at the number crunchers predictions, what is killing us economically is abortion.

I would suggest we are already in the birthpangs of God's wrath on us.

Gay ordination and gay marriage? As I read Romans, it is not a CAUSE of an apostate society, but the NATURAL RESULT of one.

Frighteningly, we are reaping just exactly what we planted.

And just like in Noah's day, and in Lot's, we scoff at the mere idea of anything but warm fuzzies from God.

One definition of repentance is a change of mind--coming simply to agree with God that sin is sin.

Today we absolutely refuse to entertain the idea we could ever have done anything wrong.

May God have mercy!!

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So so true. And I'm under the distinct impression that even when we're doing wrong, we will justify it as right if we feel the end results meet our perceived greater purpose. It's that old everyone did what was right in his own eyes thing again. Doesn't matter what God's word says. As long as we get the desired outcome that we want, we can justify it.

He may have already had all the mercy on us that He had left and it's now time to give us what we as a nation deserve.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Yes -- calling evil good, and calling good evil.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are there so many alcoholics? Because the CHURCH drinks. As the Church goes, so goes the nation.

you really think that abstinence would curtail that do ya?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, it may have. But a lot of times when you've gone so far with doing what everyone else is doing, it's hard to effectively take it back.

And though the world may not recover, since we're still alive and kicking, it ain't too late yet for the church to repent and correct her wrong actions.

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different immoral behavior doesn't mean more immoral behavior.

Segregation, racism, free love movement, sexism, drug's to free your mind - we were so much more moral 50 years ago.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the lack of the church to practice sound economic principles is causing the ruin of the United States economy?

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

And the immorality that you listed has not decreased but increased. So, thanks for helping me to prove my point.

16. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has immoral behavior really increased or are you just more aware of it?

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As any reasonable person can see immoral behavior has increased just as Jesus said it would:

Mat 24:12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

18. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not denying that immorality will increase, just that a look at history, particularly of this country, will show that there has always been with us immorality and that just because we (individually or even collectively) have become more aware of it doesn't mean there is now more of it?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure there's more. God wasn't lying when He said this stuff would increase. You did not have the "I can shamelessly do whatever I want to in the face of the public and they have no choice but to accept it" attitudes 50 years ago.

People often restrained themselves for fear of what others would say.

Now they don't care.

20. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well then I guess we will not agree on that point. I have found that much of the "things are worse today" type thinking may well indeed lead to lots of amens and affirmative head nods, but it really isn't true in an objective sense.