1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Yes, it is possible to reconcile all of the New Testament Scriptures

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Browner, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

The scriptures make it very clear if one has the Holy Spirit he is a child of God, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9). This verse says those who have the spirit are "not in the flesh", therefore they must be born again.

Ephesians 4:30 tells us, "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." A sealing is something that closes something such as a letter to protect and preserve it and this verse tells us the sealing is effective "unto the day of redemption" which is when we receive our new bodies, therefore one cannot lose their salvation.

#41 BrotherJoseph, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Browner

Browner Member

Sorry, but you are woefully lacking in your understanding of the NT.
    Salvation is by the following:
    belief-faith-trust, sanctification unto holiness
    (includes obedience, forsaking sin, etc.),
    repentance of on-going sin, works,
    endurance until the end of life.

Hope I didn't miss anything.

The KEY: Jesus preached
    an obedience-holiness discipleship gospel unto eternal life.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So basically you believe no one will be saved. Unless of course yourself, if you believe you are keeping the whole law each and every moment of your life.

Me personally I believe I am saved by grace through faith, having been given the GIFT of eternal life and nothing of myself. Of course you would have to believe Paul in order to believe such.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know some things in the NT can be a little more difficult to grasp, but It always amazes me how a Christian can read the NT and not understand terms like grace, gift, freely, faith, not of yourselves. How do you reason with anyone like this?

5. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Steaver,

They have to be given "ears to hear" and "eyes to see" by the Holy Spirit. No Bible reading or intelligent debating can reveal the truth to an unregenerate, unless the Holy Spirit will it to be so through His power. This is why Christ said to Peter when Peter declared He was the Christ, "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven" and also, "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.". The Pharisees of Jesus's day were perhaps the most versed in the Bible of all those of Jesus's time, but what did he tell them? "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me". Their eyes and ears were closed so even though they knew scripture left and right they did not know the central theme of the Bible of salvation through grace through Christ alone. Jehovah Witnesses and others are also well versed in the Bible, but for many of them I am afraid what Paul declared can be applied to them, "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie"

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Salvation as explained by the Apostles in the NT boils down to Grace verses Works. Works is taught as an evidence of salvation and by no means a justification for salvation. I agree there are many who simply have not the Spirit at all and are lost by their works based salvation which Jesus came to condemn. But their are also I believe true believers who just wrestle with the scriptures.

• Like Like x 2
  7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Notice what is missing from this list? No Grace, the very Gift from God that Paul said ye are saved by. And what do we find in "your" list? "Yourself".

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Eph2:8-10)

Here is God's list;

Grace
    Faith
    Not of yourselves
    Gift
    Not of works
    No boasting
    His workmanship
    Created in Christ Jesus
    Unto good works

#47 steaver, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is NO such thing as conditional salvation, for the death of Jesus provided for eternal salvation, and jesus claims that NONE who he saves will ever get lost again!

9. Browner

Browner Member

You know very well there are verses which threaten loss of salvation.
    And some threaten believers with gaining eternal death.
    My fav is Romans 6:16-23 where Paul threatens eternal death
    to these believers ... 3 TIMES IN THESE 8 VERSES !!!
    Reconcile, or you are missing something ... like spiritual Truth.

10. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Not close as I know very well they don't threaten loss of salvation. You are showing a profound misunderstanding of the Gospel and true conversion.

11. Browner

Browner Member

Okay, how about you show a profound understanding
    of WHY Romans 6:16-23 does not say what I claim?
    Because NOBODY has ever done so!

12. Internet Theologian

Oh, many have done so, but you cannot see it.

13. Browner

Browner Member

The spiritual moron theologian refuses to explain
    why Romans 6:16-23 does not threated
    eternal death for sinning believers!

14. Internet Theologian

...and this is the guy quoted above who is earning his own salvation, note how he speaks in the flesh to others. Nothing there but works of the flesh.

15. Browner

Browner Member

Monsieur Theologan lol ...
    Thanks for explaining Romans 6:16-23 lol
    You're a big phony who cannot back up his beliefs.

It's all about "the doctrines of men" ...VS... the Holy Scriptures!

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You mean one does not have to be born-again?

17. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 6
    16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have.....everlasting life.23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Bro, This passage is talking about the Eternal reality of Believers vs. Unbelievers. Simple. Cogent. Truth.

Paul's exhortation to believers is "You were once enslaved to sin and served sin (OLD MAN),but now you should endeavor to live a holy life for God because you are slave to God, Jesus is your new master (NEW MAN).

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Internet Theologian

Do you use the ULV brother?

19. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the ULV?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

20. Internet Theologian