1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ‘Largest’ Voter Fraud Probe Underway in North Texas'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Oct 22, 2016.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016...-texas/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

‘Largest’ Voter Fraud Probe Underway in North Texas

A state investigation is underway over allegations of voter fraud in Tarrant County, according to a report from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Concerns have arisen over mail-in ballots, which many believe open the door to “vote harvesting,” or the process of illegally filling out and returning the ballots of valid voters without their consent.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This story is a couple of days old. A Tea Party group thinks there might have been an issue with the hotly contested Tarrant Regional Water District elections.

Certain right-wing groups put up a ridiculous campaign a couple of years ago to block a large fresh water pipeline from reservoirs in East Texas to the DFW Metroplex. It even went as far as a man deciding the create a "cemetery" on his property to prevent the pipeline from running through the region.

There was a huge direct mail campaign where an enormous amount of money was spent to replace officials up for reelection with some officers pledged to stop a fresh water project that has been ongoing for decades.

Their side was soundly defeated, but they won't give up.

It's a good thing that they are doing an investigation. People need to have confidence in the reliability and credibility of the voting process. I sincerely doubt they will find evidence of wrongdoing.

Remember, the fact that there is an investigation is not evidence that there actually is fraud.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://empowertexans.com/around-texas/evidence-of-alleged-tarrant-county-voter-fraud-released/

Aaron Harris of Direct Action Texas presented documents from his formal voter-fraud complaint filed with the Secretary of State. The secretary of state has referred to the voter fraud evidence as “voluminous.”

Harris says his complaint contained over 1,500 pages of documents. And while the complete document is not yet public, Harris made one thing clear—political operatives inside Tarrant County have illegally forged thousands of signatures on ballot-by-mail applications and carrier envelopes over the last four years.

Harris says he is confident at least two local officials are in office as a result of the voter fraud he has uncovered – State Rep. Ramon Romero Jr. (D–Fort Worth) and Fort Worth Mayor Pro Tem, Sal Espino.

Espino won his race by a twenty-six vote margin in an election in which Harris says 450 votes were fraudulently harvested in that district alone. Romero won his seat by a 110 vote margin in a race that was similarly impacted by voter fraud.

Harris says the harvesting operatives usually push a slate of candidates to affect multiple races each cycle. The voters are either influenced, or have their votes stolen by the harvester.

The operatives work “turfs” – neighborhoods where they’ve built strong relationships and trust with voters. Familiarity with the voters helps the operative more effectively carry out their scheme, Harris said. Many of the voters are elderly, speak English as a second language, and live in predominantly low-income communities.

Harris’ presentation showed ballot-by-mail applications with identical handwriting, and voters’ signatures that do not appear to match that of the carrier envelope containing the ballot. This suggests a harvesting operative – with or without the voter’s knowledge – submitted the application. Harris says thousands were likely mailed without voter’s permission.

SNIP

Harris says there are three primary problems that enable this fraud – the election code is weak, the ballot-by-mail process has insufficient safeguards, and “no one” is watching.
    He’s right about a lack of oversight. Texas Scorecard was the first publication to cover troubling admissions made by Tarrant County Election’s administrator, Frank Phillips.
    Phillips stated during a public meeting that – due to the large volume of ballot-by-mail applications submitted every election – there is no way his office can properly ensure that suspicious forms are flagged or that the law is followed.

SNIP

Phillips said his office is “not the police,” and is not responsible for reporting suspicious activity to a higher authority unless it’s “overt and obvious.” He said that’s the job of the Attorney General. Shockingly, he claims his office simply “processes” the forms as quickly as they are received without inspecting them for their validity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

at this whole voter fraud thing. The GOP needs to stop with these attempts to suppress the vote under the guise of stopping non existent voter fraud.

And they think it's not obvious that they want people to believe this is proof that there is voter fraud in the general election so as to justify their attempts to suppress voting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Attorney General!? Of Texas (not USA) I hope.

HankD

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Poor little GOP. Talk about trying to rig elections. Wonder why all these attempts in over 30 States have arisen in the last 8 years to suppress voting under the guise of stopping non existent rampant voter fraud?

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to be clear, "‘Largest’ Voter Fraud Probe Underway in North Texas" is from a tweet by Gov. Greg Abbott, who makes Rick Perry look like a paragon of virtue and wisdom.

"The Secretary of State found violations involving mail-in ballots over several elections in Tarrant County, and in January of this year, referred the case to the Attorney General’s Office to investigate."

If you read the Star-Telegram story, you will see that the "several elections" consist largely of one non-citizen voting in two elections (who has been charged) and a witness signing ballots for five unrelated people.

I have to give Paxton credit for chutzpah for going after fraud, considering he's been accused of it by the SEC and a fellow Republican.

#10 rsr, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So he doesn't share your liberal ideology so simply making accusations are as good as guilty?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loathe as I to address you — given your proven propensity for grabbing ridiculous headlines garnered from who knows where and posting them as self-authenticating God's truth — let me say two things.

1. You have no idea what my ideology is. Anyone who knows me would laugh at your assertion that I'm a "liberal." This is so typical. It's gone on here for years and I see no reason it will stop because the bullies continue to pile on. Name calling, apparently, is considered a reasonable response to anyone who disagrees. I don't buy your snake oil, so I must be either deranged, deluded or "liberal," which is the code word here for "not really a Christian."

2. I don't see why you should object to "simply making accusations are as good as guilty?" because that's what you do day in and day out. This forum is filled without accusations that do not have a shred of evidence. Posters get caught on it and whine about it. (This is your favorite, aside from name calling.) The accusations against Paxton are plausible, which is more than I can say about 90 percent of what's posted here. Maybe he's innocent.We'll see.Besides, I didn't say he was guilty, just that someone who's accused of fraud better be careful when he's already accused of it. Except if you believe that some fraud is OK and some fraud isn't. But that can't be, because hypocrisy is condemned by the Bible, I'm sure you'll agree. So it must be some other reason, which I won't try to understand.

So you can take your typical name calling and put it where it belongs.

I really don't expect a response because you don't have one beyond "nyah, nyah, nyah."

#12 rsr, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes or No: Does voter fraud occur?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, - it has been documented.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying there is no evidence and there is no investigation?

Or are you just venting because you don/t like Abbott and/or Paxton?

Actually , I know you're just trying toi minimize the voter fraud for ideological purposes.

Carry on.:Rolleyes

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone that does not believe vote by mail and online voting is ripe for voter fraud is living in a fantasy world, maybe driven by politics, but mostly consisting of pure idiocy.

17. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop holding your breath; you're turning purple. You obviously don't know why I'm supposedly "trying toi minimize the voter fraud" because you know nothing about me. I wonder if it's because, like many who would rather bleat their prejudices than engage in rational thought, you think you know something when you don't? Of course that can't be it. Must be something else.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone that thinks voter photo ID would stop this kind of fraud is living in a fantasy world.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In isolated instances, yes. In an organized way to change the results of an election, no.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member