1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

‘She’s A Liability’: Republicans Intend To Oust Liz Cheney From House Leadership By Month’s End, Rep

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, but how comes in 2016 Trump actually did NOTHING about the fraud, when he won; and when he lost in 2020, he goes to court??? This is like a spoilt brat, who can't get his own way!

2. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Touchy? who make some rather dumb statement about your hero, Donald, in # 88, and then when I show you to be wrong, you get on the offensive! Can't handle the truth?

3. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    this is a PUBLIC, members forum, which means, I, as a MEMBER is FREE to comment on ANYTHING! snip :eek:

#103 SavedByGrace, May 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't show me I was wrong. You pulled out one specific issue as if that was Trump's ONLY accomplishment.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called sound theology.

6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's sound Theology to say that God wanted Biden to be president but not Trump?

It seems to me that you people invoke God choosing our leader when it is convenient to do so.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can you 'as a Christian' support Sodom?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't. Both political parties are godless at the top. Donald Trump is a person no Christian should vote for, let alone support and adore. Joe Biden is a person no Christian should vote for, let alone support and adore.

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on?

10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    God placed Donald Trump in office of President in 2016. God placed Joe Biden in office of President in 2020.
    God has placed all governments and leaders in their positions...even the ones we call evil.

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    So did you support Donald Trump for four years?

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    His refusal to repent. His awful and evil tweets. His incessant bullying of anyone who disagrees with him. His lying. His history of philandering and cheating on his wives. Shall I go on...
    Donald Trump makes Joe Biden look like a saint when you look at their personal lives...and Joe Biden is a godless man.
    No Christian should vote for such evil representatives, let alone swoon over them like they were gods themselves. Christians in the US who are supporting Donald Trump are in great need of repentance as they are a horrible ambassador of the Kingdom.

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I obeyed him and I acknowledged him as the legitimate President of the United States. I am doing the same with President Biden.
    Do you have paraphernalia of Donald Trump that you wore, showed off in your lawn or vehicle?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Donald Trump both times he ran was the better candidate, period. His policies confirmed that. I voted for him in both elections (but not the first primary) and I would vote for him again.

15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.

16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know God's mind regarding Trump or Biden. However, I suspect God allowed Trump to become President as judgment upon the United States, and specifically the US church, as a way of separating Christians from "Christian Nationalists." It has been a clarifying five years for me, recognizing that things were not actually the way I thought them to be.

I believe God gives humankind a shocking amount of free will to choose our destiny, yet intervenes from time to time to move history for His Divine purposes.

No, I simply recognize that God is a Person, and does not do things according to our agendas. He is working for His Kingdom, which will eventually overcome the governments of our world.

17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I believe Biden is there as a judgement on the United States. Who is right? Me or you?

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, both parties do not share the same cup of iniquity. That's a lazy copout.

For my case, under Trump, the forces employed in efforts to coerce me to bow the knee to Sodom were being dismantled. Employers were clamoring for me when my job went to China in 2017. Pointless wars were being ended. I had hopes for my daughter's future.

Whatever sins his detractors imagine he has, he was serving the nation and freedom well, and thereby he was serving believers well.

I've seen first hand the vile character of Trump's detractors. You shouldn't align yourself with them, 'Christian.'

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We compare what scripture says about the Kingdom of God and the teachings of Jesus. Former President Trump advocates almost the exact opposite of the morality and attitudes of the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:21-48), making it, literally, anti-Christ. Not only that, his lack of compassion for refugees (Leviticus 19:34), his desperate need for people to affirm and serve him (Luke 22:24-27), and his propensity to lie about anything and everything disqualifies him from leadership (2 Timothy 3:1-5).

Biden has issues too, but not to the extreme Trump has.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    my quote has nothing to do with theology

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.