1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Amen & A-women”

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Jan 4, 2021.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My problem is not his ignorance about what "amen" means, but that he - a Methodist minister for 37 years - closed his prayer "in the name of a Hindu god.

“We ask it in the name of the monotheistic god, Brahma, and god known by many names by many different faiths. Amen. … and A-woman.”

It's bad - because it's ignorant beyond belief to think that the word "amen" is an engendered word - but to pray in the name of a Hindu god is worse to me.

All around - just sick and ignorant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    MANY of the nut jobs in the UK parliament!

4. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in full agreement until we hit the word "ignorant". I do not believe what he said was due to ignorance. Rather, I think he is a tool of the demonic spirit world in their ongoing effort to cause mayhem and confusion within our society. Our national, social stability was maintained by a active or passive reverence for the God of the Bible. The irreverence started in our public schools decades ago. Those students are now in leadership in churches, industry and government.

[2Ti 3:1 KJV] 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    [2Pe 3:3 KJV] 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

I would like to hear his response to this question: When were you born-again?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    satan is alive and well in washington DC!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on, chaps! Get woke! Isn't it about time you changed that sexist area of New York to Personhattan?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awoman. :Biggrin

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mistake—I jumped the gun on my title.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The book of Shebrews speaks of this apostate in 6:4

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's next?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let us pray.
    Eternal God, [noiselessly] we bow before your throne of grace as we leave behind the politically and socially clamorous year of 2020. We gather now in this consequential chamber to inaugurate another chapter in our roller coaster representative government. The members of this august body acknowledge your sacred supremacy, and therefore confess that without your favor and forbearance, we enter this new year relying dangerously on our own fallible nature. God, at a moment when many believe that the bright light of democracy is beginning to dim, empower us with an extra dose of commitment to its principles. May we of the 117th Congress refuel the lamp of liberty so brimful that generations unborn will witness its undying flame. And may we model community healing, control our tribal tendencies, and quicken our spirits that we may feel thy priestly presence even in moments of heightened disagreement. May we so feel your presence that our service here may not be soiled by any utterances or acts unworthy of this high office. Insert in our spirit a light so bright that we can see ourselves and our politics as we really are, soiled by selfishness, perverted by prejudice, and [invaded/inveigled] by ideology. Now may the god who created the world and everything in it, bless us and keep us. May the lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. May the lord lift up the light of his countenance upon us and give us peace; peace in our families, peace across this land, and dare I ask, O lord – peace even in this chamber; now and evermore. We ask it in the name of the monotheistic god, brahma, and god known by many names by many different faiths. Amen ... and awoman.

The above represents a transcription I present (without comment now) of the Opening Prayer for the 117th Congress by U. S. House Representative Emanuel Cleaver II, a Democrat from Missouri’s 5th Congressional District, and also an ordained United Methodist minister. I think some of you will find it interesting. In the two bracketed places I am not sure what is said. I think this rest of it is correct.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is as clueless as any Dem woke-man but decidedly Freudian, not the least of all here:

“We gather now in this consequential chamber to inaugurate another chapter in our roller coaster representative government.”

Democrats are praying for it, planning it, and ensuring it, but they’ll blame it all on everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan must be grumbling about the fact that this ignorant Congessman Cleaver is working full-time for him and has made both of them international laughingstocks for many years to come over the meaning of amen.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got a feeling that the women libbers /feminist are probably eating up that new term - that Cleaver has coined.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that you are right about women libbers/feminists are crazy about Cleaver. He is a cult leader and may be another Father Divine in Kansas City.

Women populate the cults.

19. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Proverbs 28:9
    One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.

Proverbs 15:8
    The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But the prayer of the upright is His delight.

20. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    this is because women are more easily deceived, that truth is why Paul says women can not have authority over men.

that has stuck on them from the beginning, it was a judgement come from God, and is not removed in Christ, not in this life in the body!
    but see many women are rebellious against God over this ruling of His.
    Genesis 3
    16 To the woman He said:

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
    In pain you shall bring forth children;
    Your desire shall be for your husband,
    And he shall rule over you.”

And so therefore Paul writes,
    11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Genesis 3:16 is playing out everyday with every women all over the world.
    Pain in childbirth and sorrows in conception, and the desire to be like a man
    Women want to rule over men because of the judgement of God on them, they don't wish to recognize and live in their God ordained place or keep God in their mind about this. And we see that more and more every day.

And people desire to fight against God, throw off His cords and bonds on them, dont they!

Psalm 2
    Why do the nations rage,
    And the people plot a vain thing?
    2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
    And the rulers take counsel together,
    Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
    3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
    And cast away Their cords from us.”

4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
    The Lord shall hold them in derision.
    5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
    And distress them in His deep displeasure: