“I began asking, how much is too much?”

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just the tip of the iceberg!!!

Preachers and their $5,000 sneakers: Why one man started an Instagram account showing churches’ wealth

“I began asking, how much is too much?” Kirby said. “Is it okay to get rich off of preaching about Jesus? Is it okay to be making twice as much as the median income of your congregation?”

Preachersnsneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities

[2Pe 2:1-3 KJV] 1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are a lot more false apostles, preachers, teachers than people want to admit. jesus says many fakers deceive many people. Those deceived do not have the love of the truth in them, or they would reject these evil people.
    Half my wife's family are Mormons, and i had quite a few conversations, and they dont change their minds.

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

what he is saying is not necessarily they claim to be HIM, but that they come with the same approval, power and authority of God Christ has, and they are frauds.

3. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw this earlier today. I got a chuckle out of him showing the pics of them wearing designer gear & then overlaying a pic of the item with the price, plus telling who they were & where they preached. Funny.

The iceberg you speak of must include their homes, cars, planes, second homes, vacation destinations, jewelry, watches, & on & on. Yep.

4. Joseph W Soucie New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    A dear friend introduced me to a wonderful Baptist Church about three weeks ago. I have gone three times now and I really like it. The people are beautiful and God lives in them. They teach the Bible and God's words. They accept me for who I am. I am excited about going every Sunday. I donate what I can. It took me along time to find a church like this. But I would never go to a church where the preacher's are dressed in $5,000 shoes and dripping in gold or whatever. I would see right through their lies. God has opened my eyes to all the lies they spew out. Not only the church but all others. $5,000 shoes! Gold watch! I can't even afford a watch battery. Greed has consumed many. The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want.....