1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 Corinthians 7:12

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did, and do. Even in your defense of yourself.

I've already spoken and will say no more about this occurrence.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Aaron, you interpret me about like you do the scriptures...by reading into it whatever you want it to say. :laugh:

You are entertaining. I'll give you that.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Nonsense. Your argument is that the Scriptures aren't called the Word of God. Remember that? That is what I am addressing, and the passage I give proves your ideology a fallacy. I showed you that John called it (The Scriptures) the Word of God.

Nothing I said implies anything you "see" in it. You're seeing things and actually hope for and want to see things in order to help you along the bogus and false trail you're creating.

And you tell Aaron he reads things into Scriptures? That's a false accusation, and is rather something you employ.

These are the tactics you use when folks prove you incorrect, time and again. You throw in diversions, rabbit trails, strawman arguments, twist the subject into a new topic, falsely accuse and stay on that path because you can't stay on the original topic. Why? Well if you stayed on path and topic, your feeble arguments are dismantled handily, so you need to add some fodder.

I proved you incorrect, and you're struggling again with the real topic, and throw in your own new topic because you're losing yet again. It's ridiculous really, but unfortunately this is what I've come to expect from you.

The Scriptures are the Word of God, all of it. It doesn't just "contain" the Word of God as you are suggesting, nor is it undermining Christ to call it such as you also state, which is yet another error of yours.

Here is one of your false misinformed statements concerning the Bible:

No where does the Word of God say "this is not from God" you simply just do not understand the text at hand, so you, yet again, use your proof-text methodology, not understanding the Scriptures. You used this to argue against calling the Word of God what it is. This is an unfortunate and misinformed deficient view of the Scriptures.

Heres more from you, which I've proven you incorrect concerning:

Yes, it most certainly does name the Scriptures the Word of God.

There are some liberal scholars who propagate this nonsense too. Here are a few links and you need to take a look and change your views. Look into those who say the Bible "contains" the Word of God and see what you find. There are fundamental truths in these links that you need to heed. You need to rethink your position as it doesn't lead to a good place. Note that the apostles did call the Scriptures the Word of God, something you falsely claim the Bible never states, which when one reads the Scriptures, one will actually find it in fact does state this.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.html

http://crosslandbaptist.org/2010/12/is-the-bible-really-gods-word/

http://whatsaiththescripture.com/The.Holy.Bible/Reasons7.Bible.Word.of.GOD.html

#43 preacher4truth, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok. Which portions in our canon are not authoritative or for debate?

5. Skandelon

Show me where I made the claim that the scriptures weren't authoritative. A better question might be, "Which portions of the words you put into my mouth aren't really what I've said?"

6. Skandelon

:BangHead: No, you showed that John preached the word of God, something we both confirm.

You know what, never mind. Call the bible whatever you want, it's fine. This is not worth it.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Not quite. He preached it and called it the Word of God. That is, the Scriptures.

I call it what John and others called it. I also know you're in error with your statement saying authors say "this is not from God" (which is not what they said, nor is it a correct paraphrase) as you have no idea what you're talking about and need to study this out, and note this has been explained to you. Stop proof-texting and establishing teaching off of these erroneous misinterpretations you come up with.

If you want to run from this that's on you, not me. It's always easier to run than to admit that we're incorrect. At least this is what you've taught me.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This statement is confusing to me.
    Scripture "records" the words of God?

Scripture IS the words of God. The paper and ink would be the means to "record" them.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Scripture is "the Word of God."
    It is inspired of God in the original MSS, and He has promised to preserve it as I believe He has today.
    Although it is the Word of God, not everything in the Word of God can be said to be "the words of God," as you suggested.
    Satan said, "Thou shalt not surely die." Those are Satan's words, not God's words. They are the Word of God in that they are recorded accurately just the way that God wanted them recorded. But they remain Satan's words recorded by God. Thus it is still the Word of God but those "words" are not God's words.

It is verbally inspired--every word is inspired.
    It is plenary inspired--The whole--every part of the Bible is inspired.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. (Isaiah 8:20)

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. (2 Samuel 22:31)

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. (Proverbs 30:5)

Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah. (Isaiah 1:10)

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. (Isaiah 40:8)

And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, (Luke 5:1)

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke 11:28)

Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. (Acts 6:2)

And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister. (Acts 13:5)

Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. (Acts 13:46)

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. (2 Corinthians 4:2)

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That thread was deleted.

We call the Scriptures the Word of God, because that is what they are. We don't call them the "words of God" as if every word is some law or proverb. We call them the Word because it was "uttered," or "breathed," by God in diverse manners and at sundry times—through histories, narratives, laws, statutes, commandments, and judgements. Even where the words of Satan himself are revealed.

It was all to testify of Christ.

But lest you go about thinking that the Scriptures do not call themselves the Word of God, you need to be instructed what it means to be God-breathed. It is said that Saul was breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord. What do you think that means.

Wait! Nevermind. We won't get a strait answer. We'll get an intelligible ganglion of words and phrases all with the intent of salvaging your opinion that the God-breathed does not mean God-uttered.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is someone who was booted from moderator status qualified to ask this? :)

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oops! I meant UNintelligible.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you guys hug, too? Besides, someone don't got his facts straight.

#54 Aaron, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
  15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Someone don't got? :laugh:

17. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Do you that ALL and EVERY word in the Bible was inspired by god?
    That it IS the literally word of God to us, regardless how we might see it?
    That regardless of the writting, either the Lord said, or like paul said in his opinion..

that it ALL still is just as inspired/w/o errors and infallible?

18. 1 Timothy 3:3-9

1 Timothy 3:3-9 New Member

I have a hard time getting my reason around the bible being anything but exactly what God wanted it to say. Something of this magnitude and about someone as divine and God, I believe would in God's eyes be just fine.

#58 1 Timothy 3:3-9, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  19. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

That is why asked Skan what he views on bible are, iof he sees it being either "partiall/fully" inerrant/inspired!

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't hold your breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.