1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 19 Statistics About The Drugging Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Feb 11, 2014.

1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you say...
    These be thy gods, O America (pointing at the AMA)

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Prescription drugs or death aren't the only two options.

They're great where appropriate.

The point of the article is that they are vastly over-used, which is abuse.

My point in my post was that they are not only over-used, but far less would be required if we had less nasty stuff going into our bodies to start with, via our food, liquids, and water.

Are you disagreeing, and if so, where do you believe I am wrong?

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, the TV ads for many AMA promoted medicines often end with "OBTW, this stuff can kill you" (or words to that effect).

We have somewhat in common, my wife and I have had 11 children, I also was in the military and had the whole barrage of immunizations plus what I did to myself with personal "substance abuse", I'm blessed to have lasted this long.

HankD

4. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think most doctors push pills rather than alternative medicine solutions. We need to have our doctors more aware of the benefits of nutrition and natural cures. Also, I'm not aware that depression is a function of age. Maybe it is.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Very true. It was truly a cultural shift to move from one side of the country to a new state and find that herbs and such are almost viewed as witchcraft. I'd bring up something at the doctor and they'd look at me blank while writing out a prescription. "Well, I never heard of that, but try this!"

I wouldn't even call other stuff "alternative medicine." It's just how it is. Healing without pharmaceutical intervention. It's not crazy, or alternative, or whacky, or new-age. It's just the way things are. If they don't work, THEN seek out alternatives, but when dealing with living, breathing humans, the most logical thing to do is use the most gentle, natural preventions and healers first, right?

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the most logical thing is to use something that is scientifically proven to work.

#26 InTheLight, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  7. thisnumbersdisconnected

... that isn't primarily intended to be abused, addictive, carcinogenic, or a paranoia producing hallucinogenic. :thumbsup:

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to prove that pharma drugs are needed to treat conditions caused by "the nasty stuff going into our bodies to start with" and not from hereditary, bacterial, or viral sources. You need to show CAUSATION and not simply correlation. Good luck with that.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ummm...like pot? er, I mean state regulated and taxed medical marijuana ?

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

This earth was created without prescription drugs. Humans were given the knowledge of how to use plants for healing.

You may argue all you wish, but prescription drugs are vastly over-used. There are better choices in so many situations.

I'm obviously not against all of them. They have their place, but to a much lesser degree than they are being used.

I do not have the resources to conduct independent studies on how poisons poison you and why they're bad. I'm just not stupid and know that they do. The government is telling you they're okay. Those that choose to believe it - okay then. Your choice. There are pills to fix what ails ya and they'll probably keep you alive a long time, and apparently you're okay with that for you and those that come after you. Again, your choice and your beliefs.

They aren't mine.

TND, grow up.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given knowledge? More like developed knowledge. Unless you think alternative medicine is a gift from God?

I've admitted overuse, twice in this thread.

Wow.

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Again, it's not alternative medicine, and yes, it is a gift from our Creator.

When humans were created, they were created with knowledge. What was given was good, and to be used for nourishment and for healing.

It wasn't just good enough, it was good. It's disheartening that so many are willing to forget the ways of our past, to easily put faith in the new and forget where we come from.

Who created you and created the earth to provide you with your needs? Have some faith in that, or at least be willing to give it a chance. You trust your eternal soul in something you can't see, but not your mortal body with a few things you can put your hands on? What sense does that make?

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Report: Prescription Drug Deaths Skyrocket

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/01/prescription-drug-deaths-skyrocket/

This is from Fox News so it has to be true. Right TND?

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

She, Poncho and a few others have "drank the Kool-Aid" -- debate with them is kind of like fighting the Borgs: "Resistance is fu-tile." :BangHead:

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Like cannabis, coca, and poppy.

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

One day you'll stand and answer for mocking creation. I hope that somewhere deep inside you, there's at least a stirring of guilt. Even the most hardened unbelievers I know tend to have some sense of gratitude for what we have been blessed with.

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

Doubtful, since he's not. What are you going to say when God asks you why your promoted poison and claimed He gave it to us for our "benefit"? You're getting more extreme by the day.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

He does seem to be claiming that what God has created is an "alternative" to what man has created.

If you voted for Romney you voted for Monsanto. Monsanto is destroying God's creation (Frankenfood) and polluting the earth with it's chemicals. So actually you're the one promoting poison.

You should run for office you'd make a great politician the way you turn everything people say around to mean the opposite of what they actually said.

#38 poncho, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and when purple elephants read the New York Times, graduates of Brandeis University take up quilting.

You're practicing your lines into the mirror again.

20. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

ITL seemed like he had some logic going there, but keeps jumping on TND's strange, frantic dashes through the thread.

Strange.

Seems like there was a time when the majority of believers weren't like that, and that's what made them stand out to others. Peace loving people, living naturally, taking care of the earth, not seeking human made remedies first for the care of their souls and their bodies.

How is it now that the ones claiming faith are the first to look to humankind to solve their problems without first turning to the source of their faith? It's not a question that needs an answer. I'm just saying...it's strange.

It's something that definitely needs to be thought about. I hope everyone who sees and reads this (and there are many who read and do not post) thinks about these things and considers them.