1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 19 Statistics About The Drugging Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Feb 11, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please tell me when this golden age of believers occurred. Seriously I want to know.

It does need an answer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose you would espouse using "natural" treatments like herbs, vitamins, minerals, for example, krill oil, gingko biboba, garlic, etc. I do too. I take a daily multi-vitamin, vitamin C, and fish oil. But this is not an act of faith. Are you seriously saying that God gave humans the ability to figure out that using these types of things is medicinal, but He did not give humans the ability to figure out that statins can lower blood cholesterol?

Many, many drugs are based on plants. The most well known one is aspirin. Drug researchers are scouring the rain forests looking for novel tribal medicines that they could adapt for modern man's consumption. Are you saying that these pagan's faith in whatever god they worship is valid and they are practicing what the one true God would have them do?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Romney was Monsnato's PR guy. He helped restore their public image after their agent orange was used to poison the Vietnamese and our own troops. Made a tidy sum covering up for them too.

Yeah. I'm sure you're proud he's following your example and trash talking me from behind the ignore button. Were you his mentor or did he figure out how to do it on his own?

Statin drugs? My cardiologist wanted me to take them. No thanks. Raw organic vegies and non GMO food does the same thing without all the dangerous side effects. Merck could come up with a pill to cure the hiccups but it might make your ears fall off. Then they'd come with a pill to keep you ears from falling off but it might cause internal bleeding.

We have a whole generation of kids that have grown up taking SSRI drugs that cause suicidal and violent tendencies. Cui bono?

#42 poncho, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

The real irony here is that these two airheads want to be free from legal prosecution for using an illegal substance that is proven harmful in more ways than any other street drug out there, but think genetically engineered food that increases production and feeds more people is a bad idea.

Will they listen to reason??

[​IMG]

Unlikely.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not likely because . . .

You haven't posted an argument with any reason in it yet. Insults aren't reason.

#44 poncho, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

ITL, when I think of these things, I like to start at the beginning and then look at where we are now. There is a vast difference, and it is harsh.

In the Bible itself, we see a lot of requests for dependence on faith. Strewn throughout this time and through history, we see vast references in writings to plants and herbs for medicine, but in the Bible itself, we see faith looking as a prerequisite for healing in the cases in the individual stories told to us of Christ walking on earth and healing people.

When we look back at charity in history, we look at people of faith. The monks, the Catholics, the people of faith, these were the ones who took on the sick, who who had healing rooms and hospitals. Monks grew their own herb gardens for healing, but they were treated the spirit and the body, not just slamming some medicine down someone's throat and sending the profits to some corporation.

It's just there, deeply rooted throughout our history. Have you read "Hortulus" by Walifred? It gives you a glimpse of a medicinal garden very early on. Check out all the herbs and what they are used for - I picked this one especially because it includes the poppy that was being thrown at me earlier. Yes, there is a real use for it, even if humans do tend to find ways to abuse things. Here is the list of plants from it, and you can click after to read the poem: http://wyrtig.com/EarlyGardens/Continental/Walafrid/MedicinalsHortulus.htm

Pretty cool stuff, isn't it? I think it was Alexander of Clement, when he was talking about medicine, that admonished people to first be thankful to the Creator, as he is the source. Don't quote me on that though. (or shoot me if I'm wrong, I just woke up about an hour ago and haven't had my tea)

Then you can move along to the 15th, 16th, 17th centuries, which saw a bit of putting away of harmful drugs that were being made in preference for the more natural and a pretty intense look into herbals and people who wanted to study them...and then things start to go more haywire.

Now where are we? Remember when Christians started trying to teach people to not use incantations and such for healing, and replace it with prayer, and it played into faith healing in a bad way? They were trying to replace magic and such, give people something to replace that (prayer and faith) and then it went too far.

Well, now we not only have those that don't believe at all in prayer for healing, and use only only medicine, and those that don't believe in medicine at all, and use only prayer. Neither strikes a good balance or is promoted or taught or inferred in Scripture.

But getting rid of the natural and replacing it fully with synthetic? No.

And that's what I meant when I said what I said about being peace loving and going with natural as the history of believers. Who were those known in history for the orphanages, the hospitals, charity? Look at the writings on all these herbs and how old they are, how they were used.

And look at how they still exist and are still good for those purposes. Why take them, synthesize them in factories, and then charge people lots of money for what they can grow on their own, let alone convince everyone it is some type of insane wrong and not for Christians to mess with natural things, to trust the corporations instead, and even make fun of those that would rely instead on the things that are given to us?

I am not against all medications. I believe they are vastly over-used and that first, diet and herbs are a great thing to check out before jumping to pills.
    The number of statins prescribed is pretty insane. Have you seen the fluctuating numbers for what constitutes a need for statins? Makes you wonder! Could a large number of people on statins be off of them, given a healthy diet and herbs instead? Are there people who do not change their diet because they are on a statin? YES! That's just the mindset there is with pills so often. People think they don't have to act, because the pill will fix what's wrong. Just swallow.

And why are you taking fish oil? Is your body lacking in fish oil? :tongue3:

Willow bark isn't pagan. This is exactly the type of thinking that gets people worried about trying to heal without harsh interventions. Willow bark existed before unbelievers existed. Everything did. Pagans eat fish. Does that make your fish oil a pagan supplement? No, it still just makes a fish a fish and your fish oil a supplement.

Drug researchers scouring the rain forests - great news. Yikes!

6. Camery

Camery New Member

Actually, from my studies I believe the drug portion is only one symptom of a much larger problem.
    We are led to believe in addictions which unconsciously makes us think it is very hard to overcome. This is a small portion of their agenda but it isn't the truth. When we give our bodies something it likes and give it something that alters the mind in a pleasant way it wants more. This isn't addiction. It is natural. When we think of it in this way it becomes much easier to overcome what we know is not good for the body or mind. It is even easier when we spend most of our time in a prayerful attitude and have certain times each day to meditate on our relationship to God.

Obstacles are placed in our way through no fault of our own and the responsibility for them are placed on our shoulders, along with games and less responsibility for our lives and the drug problem are all designed to make us apathetic to the one world order.

It is important to allow all broken laws to be corrected including the coming great tribulation but it is equally important to not become apathetic from what is taking place around us.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another issue (if it hasn't already been mentioned) is - withdrawal symptoms.

Sometimes these symptoms are worst and more destructive to our health than the reason the "medicine" was taken in the first place.

HankD