1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 4 of Satan’s biggest lies to born-again believers

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biggest lie is that He gets people comnvinced that salvation partly grace of God and our good works, as we are saved JUST based upon grace alone/faith alone!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is he too fat? I'm sure its all that italian food you know is pretty good!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You realize they share your opinions, right?

They're very much opposed to the Biblical doctrine of eternal security.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New Covenant teaches, ". . . saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." -- Jeremiah 31:34. Hebrews 10:17.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's how it works. Jesus paid for all of my sins, past, present, and future. And just as in America you cannot be punished twice for the same crime, as a Christian, I cannot be punished for any sin no matter how serious. But, in view of that, God gave me a brand new nature that loves him and hates sin. So even if free to sin, It repulses me and I love the fullness of the Spirit that comes from holiness more than anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no verses which oppose OSAS. There are just unskilled, incompetent false teachers like you who pervert the Word of God in order to teach a false gospel of works-based righteousness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Jesus' warning, there was no being saved and then lost, rather never being saved, Matthew 7:21-23.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I remember correctly, Hebrews 6 tells us that if we could lose our salvation it is impossible to bring that person to repentance again. I believe the verse is stating that losing salvation is not possible, because a person would have to crucify Jesus again to regain.

However, if you believe it means you can lose your salvation you must accept that part of the verse that says it would be impossible to bring that person to repentence... meaning "once lost (again) always lost again."

Peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, I know ... you don't believe in 1 Peter 1:9

“For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NKJV)
    >>> “OLD sins” is also in the KJV, RSV, NLT, AMP

“… having forgotten his purification from his FORMER sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NASB)

>>> “FORMER sins” is also in the ESV

“… forgetting that they have been cleansed from their PAST sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NIV)

>>> “PAST sins” is also in the HCSB

10. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WOW! Gee, thanks!

11. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He doesn't say if they were once saved or not.

12. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a difficult passage.
    IMO, it says that if a BAC deliberately sins,
    its impossible for him to come back
    and repent again to be saved (again).

Other NT verses say that repentance of a sin will
    restore the BAC, with his/her sin being washed away.

A most interesting passage is found in 2 Cor 7:8-10.
    Paul tells the church that if they repent,
    it will lead to their salvation (paraphrasing).
    WOW!

13. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The full context for Heb. 6:4-6 goes all the way up to Hebrews 5: 11. The entire context has to do with spiritual immaturity and spiritual stagnation. It is not addressing apostasy. The word used for "fall away" in the Greek isn't the word for apostasy.

He was not calling on them to repent for salvation. Their repentance stemmed from the fact that they had allowed themselves to be led by false apostles to doubt Paul's apostleship. His point was that they were not simply sorry, but were repentant, with the same kind of genuine repentance that leads to salvation. He was not telling them they needed to be saved.
    [/QUOTE]

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't work for Salvation and we don't have to work to keep it. Salvation is eternal and there are no interruptions in eternity. Not to mention all sin is habitual. The scripture says;
    Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
    MB

15. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Matthew 18
    23“For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. 24“When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. 25“But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. 26“So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’ 27“And the lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt.

He begged the LORD for mercy. The LORD forgave him. His is SAVED. Debt is clean and GONE.

28“But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe.’ 29“So his fellow slave fell to the ground and began to plead with him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you.’ 30“But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. 31“So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their lord all that had happened. 32“Then summoning him, his lord said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33‘Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34“And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35“My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

Thats called a warning and it was directed at PETER and the Apostles.

The common cry is if your a unbeliever or not saved is God will not forgive you at all. So this parable is particularly damning. Because the person here IS FORGIVEN/SAVED.

(No matter how you take this passage who is the THREAT leveled to? Cause even if you claim well thats unsaved folks......its still demanding of proper action from unsaved folks)

16. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's focus on the Hebrews 6 passage. You say it's a difficult passage. How so? It seems only 2 interpretations are possible, imo.

The author is answering a hypothetical question, "in the case of..." someone who has tasted the spirit and fallen away....

He goes on to say it would be impossible to bring them again to repentance because they would have to crucify Christ again.

1st interpretation: If you lose your salvation you can never get it back.

2nd interpretation: Its not possible to lose your salvation because if you could, you could never get it back.

I favor the 2nd because a few verses later, the author says that he is convinced of better things concerning them..."the things that accompany salvation" One of the things he lists among the things that "accompany salvation" is perseverence.

Therefore, if you believe a person can lose their salvation then Hebrews 6 is very clear that it is "impossible" to bring such a person to repentance again. Such a person would be forever lost, if they could lose their salvation.

Peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  17. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Satan's biggest deception to Christians is to cause them to feel guilty from past sins. If GOD says HE won't remember one's sins any more, then WE should forget them as well, except to resolve not to repeat them. Jesus has forgiven them!

• Like Like x 1
  18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My socks are holey.

19. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (NASB95)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the cherry coke 0 breakfast?

#40 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1