1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

50 Passage Challenge

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by T.U.L.I.P., Jul 11, 2003.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Clarification/Definitions:

Matt 7 “Few” vs “Many” applies to all mankind – showing that at the end of time it is the MANY that are lost – by comparison in number to the FEW. This is an accurate trustworthy statement of relative comparison between the SIZE of the groups.

Unconditional election. Part-A. There is “no level “ at which something about YOU is “special” and so God must select “you” as opposed to your neighbor. Nothing about “you” recommends “you” for selection as one of the “elect”. No family relationship, no social position, no hidden “ability”. Nothing “makes you special” such that “you” should be selected. God will not select you because He “sees you have some ability that nobody else has or some capability others don’t have”. Rather you are totally depraved and lost – with nothing to recommend you to God. Nothing you choose, or do can change that.

66 Books - God’s Word – is infallible – and contains 66 books and is literally true. Profitable for doctrine, correction, instruction that the man of God may be adequately equipped.

Exegesis is the proper way to determine the meaning of a Bible text.

One Gospel: Gal 1:6-11 there is only “ONE Gospel” in all ages. The Gospel is the good news of salvation. The Plan of Salvation. (Jesus Christ). There is no “other way”.

Thy Word is Truth (John 17:17) Titus 1:2 God never “lies”.

Limited atonement: Refers to the sufferings of Christ. It states that Christ did NOT suffer as the atoning sacrifice for the sins of the WHOLE world. But knowing whom He would elect – He also chose to suffer and die just for those whom He chose to elect.

The term for the sake of this discussion is specifically Christ as the “atoning Sacrifice” 1John 2:2 in the model we find in Lev 16.

Atonement: God is not “paid” in the sufferings of God on the cross. Nor does God “pay satan”. There is a “Sin/Suffering” economy such that x-sin requires x-suffering in the 2nd death. Christ suffered the accumulated suffering “owed” by whatever group He chose to die for. However the Lev 16 model of Atonement extends beyond the point of sacrifice, beyond the "atoning sacrifice" made.

Both Arminian and Calvinist groups agree that the benefit of the Atonement portrayed in Lev 16 - "glorification" is only experienced by the "FEW" of Matt 7.

Trinity: One God – Three Persons. Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

In Christ,

Bob

[ July 12, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: BobRyan ]

2. T.U.L.I.P.

T.U.L.I.P. New Member

To clarify my Calvinist position I go even farther than 5 points to a position that I now have that has 6 points although I will be constantly re-forming it throughout my life and I will probably get a few more points in there before I go Home. I believe that the people who formulated the first set of points didn't choose the best words in a compromize to fit the word "TULIP" although I'm perfectly fine with that position-here are my modified(and additional) points:

1. Absolute Predestination

2. Total Depravity

3. Unconditional Election/Reprobation

4. Particular Redemption

5. Unobstructable Grace

6. Preservation of the Saints

As far as the wording of my 6th point I think it focuses more on God doing the Preserving than Man doing the Perseverance although technically both are correct.

Also, I thought I made myself clear when I said a one sentence commentary after each passage.

After someone finally decided to post their list of scripture passages(take 20 posts if you wish) and I post mine, we can all discuss our usage of scripture and/or debate but at least we'll start with a large amount of scripture "proving" each position.

Allow me to make a point once again-The essence of this topic is presenting a large quantity of Scripture that you base your doctrine on:the goal here is to learn, not to "win" because you knew the "rules" better than the other person :rolleyes: I also think that by keeping this in mind there is no "metric" by which we are going to judge who is "more biblical" than the other-people reading this forum will be able to determine for themselves which is in fact the correct application.

Once again; brief, one sentence commentary-the point here is to let Scripture speak for itself so the less said the better

3. T.U.L.I.P.

T.U.L.I.P. New Member

a few opening comments and a brief summary would also be nice but I believe that you've already made your opening statements, BobRyan, as well as given us your summary; all we're waiting for is some Bible.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by T.U.L.I.P.:
    Why do we have to resort to these kinds of statements in a Biblical discussion?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be new here. Bob Ryan will take care of the whole debate. He'll tell what all sides are "really" saying and reach a conclusion that clearly shows he is right and that is DEVASTATING to his opponents.

He's a hoot to read!

Yes, I'm new here. I understand what you're saying and that is precisely why I want to discuss Bible-I don't want to debate as it never gets anywhere but to show me where I need to work on my Bible study and at the moment I want to discuss scriptural support for the Arminian position-it's so rare that you hear any these days....just emotion and philosophy.

4. deadmen.org

deadmen.org New Member

Amen to that

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Amen to that </font>[/QUOTE]Since you have already rejected the keystone scripture upon which All man are called to belief in the Christ unto eternal life, would there be any value in posting the rest?

Suffice it to say that ALL men are called to belief in Jesus because the invitation is to whosoever believeth in Him, even on his name shall be saved.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The typical 5pt view is that if you fail to persevere 10 years from now - you were never saved to start with.

The typical 4pt view emphasizes preserveration - by arguing that EVEN if you fail to persevere 10 years from now you are STILL saved.

Which one are you arguing? I just need to know if I need to which list of texts to give - to address one of those errors vs the other.

Also - point of clarification on the "definitions".

All Humans Under total Depravity:

All mankind is lost due to the fall of Adam. All are depraved, apart from the New Birth - being saved - NONE are in a condition of being forgiven, IN fellowship with Christ, IN Christ.

Rather it is true for all mankind that the depraved mind (apart from the supernatural work of God) does not subject itself to the Word of Christ NOR Can it (Romans 8:5-9) - nor does it even understand the words of Christ for they are spiritually discerned (1Cor 2:12-15).

In Christ,

Bob

7. deadmen.org

deadmen.org New Member

Amen to that </font>[/QUOTE]Since you have already rejected the keystone scripture upon which All man are called to belief in the Christ unto eternal life, would there be any value in posting the rest?

Suffice it to say that ALL men are called to belief in Jesus because the invitation is to whosoever believeth in Him, even on his name shall be saved.
    </font>[/QUOTE]All men ARE called to believe, but few are chosen to do so. What's so difficult about this? Romans 1 says all men are without excuse simply by God's invisible attributes. The invitation IS for whosoever believeth in Him, but the only ones that will believe are those whom the Father has given to Christ. It's all throughout the Gospel of John. God chose those whom He'd save, yet those who go to hell are condemned for their rejection of Christ. Should this not just be taken by faith that we believe what the Scriptures say? BOTH are true, and God is the only one who justifies. We, as men, have free will to do one thing: sin. We are naturally inclined to do so. God, in his mercy, instead of condemning us all to hell, has chosen to save some. Glory be to His name and His justice. Our idea of justice is not His. His justice works alongside all of his other attributes: mercy, love, wrath, etc. I don't know who the elect are, nor does anyone else. I am to preach the gospel to all and whosoever will may come! Someone once asked Spurgeon, "Why don't you preach more to the elect?". Spurgeon replied somewhat like this. "Mark them for me, and I will." True, effective, evangelism is only wrought forth by the Holy Spirit of God through the reading and hearing of the Scriptures. God has created some vessels as vessels of mercy to show His goodness, and others he created as vessels of wrath to show His justice. It may not be palatable, but it is biblical and it's holy in accordance with God's holiness and perfection. His word will NOT return unto Him void. What comfort there is in knowing that nothing is beyond His grasp, especially our sinful selves.

8. T.U.L.I.P.

T.U.L.I.P. New Member

This is not accurate-the view that I'm familiar with is that the saints will persevere in the end.

I think that instead of focusing on correcting the position of others you should worry about supporting your own position with Scripture-that's what this is all about.

9. deadmen.org

deadmen.org New Member

That's the typical BIBLICAL view and here's why: If anyone would be my disciple he MUST deny himself, take up his cross and follow me. If someone lives in a habitual lifestyle of sin and never bears fruit, though they prayed the sinner's prayer, then they're not saved. If it were true that they were saved, then God's power if not very powerful. Biblically, though, God's power is all-powerful. It does bring change in a person's life. It doesn't mean they'll never sin, even heinously. It simply means that they will not live a life void of good, godly, fruit. Christians were predestined to be conformed to the likeness of the Son. If someone's not progessively doing so, then it's not saving faith. "Can such a faith save him?" as James might put it. Even the demons believe. So they have faith, but we know it's not SAVING faith. God's powerful word never neglects to produce godly change. His Word accomplishes exactly what it intends to accomplish. Justification is instand and settled. Positional sanctification is as well. Progressive sanctification is not an option, but a result of justification.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:Bob observes
    The typical 5pt view is that if you fail to persevere 10 years from now - you were never saved to start with.

You are either denying the statement or obfuscating it - and since I can't tell which.....

Deadmen.org has posted what I view as the same thing that I am asking about. Can you at least admit that you hold to what he has said - or else state that is is something else?

As you may know, the 4-pt view is that you are saved whether you persevere or not - I am just double checking to see if that is your view.

I am going to assume you do not agree with that view (for now - since you are not specific yet) and that you are in fact trying to state something like what deadman.org just stated.

If not, just let me know.

In Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In an effort to move this along - I am posting reference #1 of the 50. Please count this as One reference out of 50.

(I am asking that this only be counted as one reference - since to do otherwise would severely restrict the number of posts available for the Arminian view.)

In Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Post number TWO of 50

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Post #3 of 50 - classic "Example" of the Arminian model of Evangelism - appealing to choice, free will, choosing to believe, compelling evidence that "motivates" the deciding-mind to "choose".

In Christ,

Bob

14. T.U.L.I.P.

T.U.L.I.P. New Member

T.U.L.I.P.:
    T.U.L.I.P.:
    I must ask this question, BobRyan, Can you read?

T.U.L.I.P.
    I have made it clear, BobRyan, from the beginning that I, in fact, did NOT wish to discuss emotion, philosophy, logic, etc but rather Bible: However, your first post was nothing but exactly that- appealing to emotion rather than to unmistakable Biblical statements!!

It is very clear from your posts that you are, in fact, not interested in Biblical doctrine and actually learning; but rather wnning a debate!

T.U.L.I.P.:
    I don't recall mentioning that I started this topic to debate! Also, note that I said scripture supporting your position

BobRyan:
    Once again making my point that you are not interested in Biblical doctrine but rather WINNING a DEBATE

BobRyan, I'm simply not interested in debating you. Please either post scripture references with BRIEF ONE SENTENCE COMMENTARY after EACH REFERENCE: NOT AFTER EACH SENTENCE or please leave.

Thank you

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the "world of Bob", T.U.L.I.P. It won't get any better. [​IMG]

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have to admit - I did not expect you to be ill tempered before we actually got started.

I gave you about a "dozen" variations. From 14 texts followed by a brief comment t0 1 or 2 texts followed by a comment. You have the entire spectrum - and all you come up with by "response" is that???

What is your response "supposed" to be? Dialogue?? I agree it certainly is not making a "point" as might expected in "debate" but what is your "purpose".

I have given entire chapters. I have given 12 texts from a chapter - I have given you everthing but one text snippets.

Were you looking for the one-text-snippet model?

I can do that as well - if that is what you "prefer".

I have asked you to clarify your position with something like "clarity" as in the case of deadman.org. Did you "do" that?

This just isn't that hard.

So far we are 3 texts into my set of 50 (and I have given about 70 verses in those 3 texts) - and have made over a dozen Aminian points in them -- and you are "complaining" that my 3 texts do not contain "enough Bible" that I have "run out of scripture" in the first THREE texts of the 50.

Are you claiming to have packed more scripture into YOUR first 3 of Your 50? If so, I look forward to reading the list that you post. It should be very rewarding.

I am going to provide a few more One Chapter examples of the Arminian position that scripture itself has made and then will get to smaller sets of 2-4 verses that make only 1 Arminian point in each set of 2-4.

However - you seem to be crying "uncle" before the list really gets started.

Is this a bit more scripture than you had planned on from the Arminian POV? You seem a bit surprised.

In Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ken is right about one thing - the scripture position for Aminianism will continue to build - massively. The case for Calvinism will not "get better" as the Bible verses continue to weigh in on the Arminian POV as found in scripture.

In Christ,

Bob

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Text #4 of 50.

In Christ,

Bob

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God's Word commands us to Endure. Conditional Results IF we Endure/Persevere.

Is it addressing the problem “Some think they must persevere to be preserved faithful to the end by God. This is a silly worry – so stop worrying about it”. (as some of our 4 and 5PT Calvinist friends might insist)

Is it saying “Some think they must TRY to persevere and we are here to tell you -That is not true. God takes care of that for you. That is not for you to worry about. If you are saved you will persevere no need to think about it as IF you might not”.

Read carefully to see the problem the text is addressing – see IF it matches what 4 and 5pt Calvinism expect.

Matt 10:22 but it is he who has ENDURED until the end that WILL be saved.

Heb 2:1-3
    1. For this reason we must pay close attention to what have heard LEST we drift away from it .

Heb 3:6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house whose house WE ARE, IF we HOLD fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. .

Heb 3:12-14
    12 Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that FALLS AWAY from the living God.
    13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ""Today,'' so that none of you will be hardened
    by the deceitfulness of sin.
    14 For we have become partakers of Christ, IF WE HOLD fast the beginning of our assurance FIRM UNTIL the end,

Heb 10:35-39
    35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
    36 For you have NEED of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
    37 FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
    38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
    39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

1Cor 15:1-2
    1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received,
    in which also you stand,
    2 by which also you ARE SAVED, IF you HOLD fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

Rom 11:22
    20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
    21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He WILL NOT SPARE YOU, either.
    22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness,
    IF YOU CONTINUE in His kindness; OTHERWISE you also will be cut off.
    23And they also, IF they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in AGAIN.

Col 1:21-23
    22 He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death in order to PRESENT you before Him
    Holy and Blameless and beyond reproach
    23 IF INDEED you CONTINUE in the faith FIRMLY established and STEADFAST and NOT MOVED AWAY
    from the HOPE of the Gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven
    and of which I Paul was made a minister.

Rev 2:7,11,17,26 – Eternal life to “he who overcomes”

Rev 3:5, 12,21 Eternal life to 'he who overcomes'.

Gal 6:7-9 Don't lose heart in doing good for reap eternal life IF we persevere
    8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will REAP IF we do not grow weary.

Mark 13:13 Belief + enduring to the END = SAVED
    Matthew 24:13 ""But the one WHO ENDURES TO THE END, he WILL be saved."
    Matthew 10:22 "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one
    who has ENDURED to the END who WILL be saved."

2Peter 1:10-11
    8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true
    knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.
    10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for AS LONLG AS you practice these things, you will never stumble;
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

God's Word giving Real Warning - to Endure/Perservere.

2Peter 2:20-22
    18 For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality,
    those who barely escape from the ones who live in error,
    19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.
    20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
    they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.
    21 For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it,
    to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them.
    22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb, "" A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT,'' and,
    ""A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.''

Heb 6:4-8
    4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been
    made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
    5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
    6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify
    to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open same.
    7 For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also
    tilled, receives a blessing from God;
    8 but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

John 15:1-5 failure to persevere in bearing good fruit results in destruction by fire.

Luke :8 – Four ground types – Rocky and Thorny ground – spring to life and then fail to persevere Life from the Dead – but then it dies out “again”.

Luke 8
    11 "Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God.
    12 "Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.
    13 "Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation [/b]fall away.[/b]

(The totally depraved “can not fall” they have no place to fall to.)

14 "The seed which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to maturity.

In Christ,

Bob

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God LOVES ALL -

The good news - gospel given before the cross to Abraham "Gal 3:6-8" and it is the same that is preached today Heb 4:1-2.

And it's purpose in Isaiah as in Matt 24 - is to "Go into all the world" for "God so LOVED the world…yes Really!" and He himself "is not willing for ANY to perish but for ALL to come to repentance…yes Really!" therefore "he calls ALL men EVERYWHERE to repent….yes Really!" and accept the ONE atoning sacrifice that was made for our sins "And NOT for our sins only but for those of the WHOLE WORLD…yes Really!" for "JUST as in Adam ALL died - so in CHrist shall all be justified".
    The solution offer is as vast and as encompassing as the PROBLEM.

For God so LOVED the WORLD that HE GAVE HIS ONLY begotten Son - that WHOEVER believes in Him SHOULD NOT PERISH". John 3:16

God SO loved the world that - "HE is NOT WILLING for ANY to perish but for ALL to come to repentance" 2Peter 3:8 - and so He extends THIS LIFE

God SO LOVED the World that "HE CALLS ALL MEN everywhere to REPENT" Acts 17:30

God so LOVED the World that "HE died for OUR SINS and NOT for our sins ONLY but for those of the WHOLE WORLD" 1John 2:2

2 Peter 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Rom 3:23 ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Rom 5:15 But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. 16The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. 17For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
    18So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. 19For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. 20The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 8:32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

Acts 17:30“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

Gentiles Hear Good News
    Acts 10:34Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. 36“The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all)

2Cor 5:14For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 15and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

1Tim 2:3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

1Tim 4:9 It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

1John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.
    15Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

1John 2:1 And if anyone sins, we have an £Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

2 Peter 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

John 12:32 32“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” 33But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die

John 12:46“I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 47“If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

1John 5:19We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

John 3:14“As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18“He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 ""This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
    20 "" For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    21 ""But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.''

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:9There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name

John 1: 29The next day he saw* Jesus coming to him and said*, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John 16:7 I will send Him to you. 8“And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

Matt 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ 44“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46“For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47“If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matt 11:27 “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
    28“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

John 6: 32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33“For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.”
    35Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

John 6: 51“I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”

Isaiah 45:21 And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me.
    22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other.

Isaiah 55
    The Free Offer of Mercy
    1 “Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost.
    2 “Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance.
    3 “Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you, According to the faithful mercies shown to David.
    4 “Behold, I have made him a witness to the peoples, A leader and commander for the peoples.
    5 “Behold, you will call a nation you do not know, And a nation which knows you not will run to you, Because of the LORD your God, even the Holy One of Israel; For He has glorified you.”
    6 Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.
    7 Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

Hebrews 2: 9But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

Rev 3: 20‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock (God's PART); if anyone hears My voice and opens the door (MANS PART), I will come in to him and will dine with him (God's PART), and he with Me.
    21‘He who overcomes (Man's PART), I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne (God's Part)

Telling the church that He is in fact standing at the door so anyone (who presumably has not opened the door and so is not in the church now because they have not yet decide for Christ) - in no way imposes a restriction on Christ's unrestricted statement above.

I am getting dangerously close to the 50 text limit here - but I just have a few more points to make about God "caring for" and "sorrowing over" the wicked.

In Christ,

Bob