1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ..........

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herald, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

Might want to recheck your translation of the third dot. It has a wider semantic range than you've considered, it seems.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Naw, the Universal Church doesn't have any restrooms, light bulbs, windows or pulpits. All imaginary. It does spread around a little garbage, though.

Actually, I'm pretty good at trash-talking myself.

#82 Tom Butler, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
  3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Whoa! Never saw that before. It certainly puts a new perspective on the subject.

Awesome, web. What a teaching gift you have!

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And never forget the preamble to the Book of Mormon

5. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

I'm not so confident in the harmatology expressed in the fifth dot.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    did you ever hear those beeps at the top of the hour by Harold Camping. on Family Radio? Hmmmm

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It was added at a later date. The earliest manuscripts do not have that dot.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oh yes they do. You must have a corrupted text....as if we haven't heard that argument before, huh? :laugh:

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You have your history all wrong Brother. It was originally found in the early 19th century, during the war of 1812, to perfectly clear(channelling my inner Nixon there, :D ).

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I think someone set you up, if you believe what you posted here. I think someone told you the universal church is all imaginary, just to get you away from them. They probably walked you through the woods, and showed you a big, pretty field, and told you that you would bishop the universal church here. You swallowed this hook, line, sinker, rod, AND reel. I bet they snickered all the way back, too.

If you talk to trash, no wonder you believe the universal church is all imaginary. BTW, does it talk back? If'n it does, what does it say?

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I can see your DNA connection to Nixon. That explains why you are in the ministry. You dropped out of chef school. It was reported that the last thing you said as you were leaving the school to come back home "I am not a cook."

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what says the book?

I would advise not to get hooked

as you know, it only takes one look

and in the end, do not get took

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Do unto others before they do unto you. Song of Clinton 3:16

As in too many lortabs?

To not sin, if you drive around the block and look at her again in her shorts, it is sin. Song of Clinton 3:17

In the end, do not get took? As to the cleaners?

#93 saturneptune, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I resent these remarks. I want you to know that I make the best Campbell's Vegetable Beef soup, chicken noodle, and chicken and rice you ever tasted. If you tried them, you would think I made them fresh from the can.

Come to WVa and I will fix you the finest bowl of Kellogg's corn flakes you ever tasted.....I might even be generous enough to add milk and sugar, too. :tongue3: :D

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Only if I can bring Tricky Dick with me. That is my pet pit bull. Notice the similarity in the jaws.

The only reason I am not sure about the validity of the Campell's vegetable soup, is that one must be able to read the directions to make it, and as you know, Kentucky's educational system is light years ahead of WV.

Since you brought up Campell's soup, that suggests you have Campellite tendencies, which means you are an ally of the Church of Christ. One can only conclude you are for baptismal regeneration. Don't be for baptismal regeneration, get rid of cable and switch to Direct TV.

16. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

Well done.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Q- Why couldn't the West Virginian make Kool-aid?

A- He couldn't figure out how to add two quarts of water to that little packet. :laugh:

I apologize Willis, I had to pick someone, this was originally a "blonde" joke, and I didn't dare post that!

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Three construction workers were working on a 60 story high-rise in New York city, a man from Massachusetts, a man from Connecticut, and a man from West Virginia. It is lunchtime.

The man from Massachusetts opens his lunch box and exclaims, "Not Boston Baked Beans for lunch again! I can't stand this any more!" and leaps off the building to his death.

The man from Connecticut opens his lunch box and exclaims, "Not a meatball grinder for lunch again! I can't stand this!". He also leaps to his death.

The man from West Virginia opens his lunch box and exclaims, "Not fried chicken and cornbread again! I can't stand it!" . He leaps to his death.

Several days later at the wake, the widows of these three men get together and talk.

The widow of the Massachusetts man says, "If I knew he hated Boston Baked Beans so much, I wouldn't have packed them in his lunch."

The widow of the Connecticut man says, "Yes, if I had known my husband hated meatball grinders so much, I wouldn't have packed it in his lunch either."

The widow of the West Virginia man says, "I dont get it, he packs his own lunch!" :laugh:

Again Willis, apologies to West Virginia, but I know you are a good sport.

#98 Winman, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Well, since our discourse is moving in that direction, a story about one of my fellow Western Kentuckians.

He was driving along at a pretty good clip, when a trooper pulled him over.

The Kentucky guy rolled down his window. The trooper said, "You got any I. D?"

The flatlander said "'Bout whut?"

Anybody who doesn't get it, ask a Southerner.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Then there was the time at church, I went up to Tom Butler and said, I want to be frank with you. He answered and said, "I thought you were Mike."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.