1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Changed Man!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 5, 2019.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB 'chose wisely', MB can glory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s true I was a Catholic for 34 years until the HS came to me and showed me my error, and gave me the gift of sight and a conscience to discern good from evil. I became a born again Christian that day and never looked back again. Goes to show you that God can even reach out to Catholics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB is GREAT! It is of MB that MB is in Christ Jesus!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peruse the thread and recognize the venom that you've spewed here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One of these verses is true:

John 20

31but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

31but these have been written for believers.

See the GOSPEL a chosen means of ear opener, its aimed at unbelievers.

""God choosing to have mercy and compassion on some, and not others."

Show me that verse. You made a presumption of Romans 9 and Exodus 33 .

Because it could mean he has compassion on NO ONE, SOME, or ALL.

Your projecting your own estimation and calling it God's judgement, You are not God.

19And He said, “I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion.”

15For he says to Moses,
    “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Read the words very closely. He could have mercy on EVERYONE and NO ONE and the words are still true.

"hast revealed them unto babes."

Which is probably why your youngest Calvinist are probably the first to question the monster you portray as being unfair and evil. Then you give them the "fair" speech.

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Except for their outward conduct."

What does conduct have to do with who God chooses? You have the unconditional dilemma.

7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are both true.:)

" For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." ( Romans 15:4 )

Unbelievers take no comfort in the Scriptures.
    The children of the devil hate God, and hate His word.
    I presumed nothing.
    They say what they mean, and they mean what they say.

No "interpretation" necessary.
    One only has to believe the words on the page.

#47 Dave G, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  8. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the words very carefully.

He has mercy on whom He wills, and compassion on whom He wills.
    Not on whom we will.

Our will doesn't even enter in to the whole thing.

9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has nothing to do with being young, physically.

They are called "God's children" for a reason.
    They are also "babes" when compared to the wisdom of this world.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Matthew 18

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4“Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5“And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

According to Calvinism, Jesus might as well sat an 80 year old in a diaper.

11. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to God's word,
    He sat down a little child to use as an example to His disciples.

Read the passage closely:

"...unless you are converted and become LIKE children..."
    "Whosoever humbles himself AS this little child..."
    "...whoever receives one SUCH child in my name..."
    " ...whoever causes one of these little ones WHO BELIEVE IN ME to stumble..."

According to the "non-Calvinist", Jesus loves the little children.

All the children of the world.

According to the Bible, He makes exceeding great and special promises regarding His Father's children.

In quoting verse 6, you've just listed one of the scariest passages in the entire Bible outside of Revelation 20:15...that if someone causes one of Christ's sheep to stumble, it would be better if a very heavy rock were hung around that person's neck, and they were drowned in the depths of the deepest sea;
    Than to face the wrath of an angry God.
    Better to go to Hell not offending one of His children, than to risk doing it.:Speechless

Finally, the one thing you don't seem to understand is, being a "child" in this passage is all about being one towards God, inwardly.;)

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

NOPE.

Luke 18

15And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. 16But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17“Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.

Calvinist Jesus would have said he probably hates 3 quarters of the kids brought up.

13. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.
    Jesus Christ, the Saviour said,
    Such AS these.

I'm not sure how you find this so difficult, Utilyan.
    You keep listing the passages, and missing the very words.

They are right in front of you... right on the page.;)
    The same Jesus that says,
    " I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
    10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them."
    ( John 17:9-10 )

That Jesus?

The Jesus who said,
    " All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and [he] to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him]." ( Matthew 11:27 ).

Are you sure He loves everyone?

" Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" ( Matthew 25:41 ).

I don't see it.
    The Jesus Christ that created the world and everything in it, says different than what you keep telling me.

He doesn't love everyone.
    He knows and loves those that were given to him by the Father.

That's why He gives them eternal life ( John 17:2-3 )...
    and that's why I am a changed man, because He loved me and gave Himself for me.:Notworthy

Good day to you sir, and may you be blessed to find yourself in Him.:)

#53 Dave G, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have yet to see this poster back up his Calvinists' rhetoric after parroting it, but good reply, Rockson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. utilyan

Site Supporter

I'm positive Jesus Christ loves everyone. Else he sins against LOVE YOUR ENEMY.

God is not evil, God is not a hypocrite, God is not a nazi.

John 6

32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33“For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.”

Father give everyone true bread, gives life to the world.

Here Jesus affirms God giving true bread to folks who would soon deny him.

God is nothing like Satan. Can you name one difference between your portrayal of Satan and God?

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the man change himself or does God change the man? God causes the person to be born anew, 1 Peter 1:3

Does the man birth himself or does God birth the man? Same answer, God causes believers to be born anew.

I hear some say I accepted Christ?... No Christ accepted you. Nonsense, we choose be put our faith in Christ, fully or partially or not at all. The "work" God requires of us is to believe in Christ, John 6:29. However, that action on our part does not save us, because only when God credits our faith in Christ as righteousness, does He put us in Christ, where He causes us to be born anew.

I came to Christ... No the Holy Spirit brought you because Christ bought you. I came to Christ refers to a person choosing to put their faith in Christ. This involves accepting the gospel which includes Christ dying for everyone, we were all "bought" with a price, such that Christ became the propitiation or means of salvation for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

He placed you in Christ, you didn't place yourself... Your are in the Family of God because God put you in his Family! Spot on!

You were adopted. No one has been adopted, which refers the redemption of our bodies at Christ's second coming, Romans 8:23.

,,, who you offended in Adam. No, we suffered the consequence of Adam's sin, both the separation from God, and the corruption of our spirit.

God changed my heart, my cold stony and wicked heart and made it a heart of flesh, same as he did yours. Here the meaning is we were enabled by the power of irresistible grace in order to believe in Christ, which is a false assertion.

17. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different kind of love.

You know the types?
    Agape, Phileo/philia, eros.

Believers can love their enemies without loving them like their brothers and sisters in the Lord.
    God can show love to all men, without loving them in the eternal sense.

He makes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust, for example.

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

I suspect you don't understand the term Agape.

The word used in Love your enemies is agapate. So unless you'd like to now redefine AGAPE. It is a charity selfless love that doesn't seek one's own advantage but the BENEFIT of the other. The same agape repeated in 1 Corinthians 13

It is also the exact same love between the 3 persons of the trinity.

"Believers can love their enemies without loving them like their brothers and sisters in the Lord."
    That is called SIN and SATAN AGREES.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what do you know about the character of Satan? He must be laughing hysterically to see a puny human justifying him

20. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about he makes his rain to fall on the unjust too to show his goodness which should lead men to think well of God and repent. And how about your exhorted to LOVE so that the world may KNOW? That doesn't demonstrate God wants to bring all the world along into the truth? Why would he care what they world would KNOW if he didn't want them saved!?

How you can go down this road as Calvinists do and say yes God shows LOVE to the what you call the non-elect but on the most IMPORTANT, VITAL, and CRUCIAL thing of their existence the salvation of their souls he shuts them out....and you call that love in any sense where men never even had a chance?

The type of love YOU'RE talking about would be like giving someone a nice meal and then slaughter them at no fault of their own. After all if the way you view God he ordained that they be a sinner and he did this before their birth, can you have fault when you don't even exist?!