1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A good way to telephone the false churches?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Look, I'm like a lot of folks here who were initially impressed with your zeal to reach the lost. But my gut feeling is that you hide behind the evangelist/street preacher title to avoid actually relating to folks face to face. There's a difference between throwing your pearls before swine, and fulfilling the great commission "as you go".

Okay, good, this would be a great activity for you, your wife, and step son to visit the neighbors. How bout some cookies instead of tracts though?

Do your work with integrity, be humble, and let God open the doors.

Good idea :thumbs:

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Perhaps you are correct.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hmm..... You know I have a dentist an a assistant I have known for 9 months. Why not send them a letter with some gospel tracts?

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My wife is a separatist so that complicates things as she does not want her or her child having relationships with unbelievers. A common attitude among IFB churches. However my parents are not like that and I was not raised that way. I will need to branch out on my own. Got any ideas on how I can build relationships? I am not in college and not on a softball team

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never said I agree with it (which I do not)
    But Rolf had an excellent response

Friendship Evangelism is an excellent way. Remember - one at a time.
    John R. Rice said something along the line of "You may not win the whole world, but you can win one.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If you were to address the Pope, would you call him "Your Holiness"?

Just because someone calls themselves something doesn't mean we have to abide by that.

7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Why must you all constantly downplay evangelist6589's methods of reaching lost people? Just because it's not the way you choose to do things doesn't mean it is wrong. What if his methods reach just a single "pastor" at a church teaching false doctrine and then multiplies from there?

You all act like we should just accept the false teachers all around us as lost causes and leave them to their sin and misery.

8. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Picture yourself as a pastor of a church. You receive a letter from someone you do not know posing as self-appointed role as exhorter who declares your church apostate. The self-appointed exhorter lists a few "heresies" and proclaims you to be a false leader of a false church. How would you react to the letter?

Days later the self-appointed exhorter calls you at your office and asks if you've repented of your false church and apostate ways. How would you respond to the phone call? Based on your response to criticism on this board I would believe you would have a small stroke - with images of rabbits or rats.

Does that mean I support false doctrine? May it never be. You have no authority over any pastor. In my situation I have two elders who are well-seasoned Godly men. I am accountable to them. If I need to be admonished for incorrect teaching it is their responsibility to address it. I trust their wisdom and hold them in the highest regard.

You lack the discernment, wisdom and authority to be admonishing pastors. Without an established relationship with the church, the elders and the pastor you come across as... how do I say this delicately?... a nut job.

I said earlier that I would first throw your letter in the garbage. When you called I would be polite but ask you not to call again and hang up. Would I do that because I embrace falsehood? No, I would do so because I do not know you yet you take it upon yourself to declare my church and our ministry apostate.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with this post and its attempt to silence people whom take a stand for truth.

It really does not matter because God grants regeneration and has only commanded us to be out witnessing. Witnessing can take the form of passing out tracts, open air preaching, talking with people, sending letters, etc.. As long as the gospel is preached God will open the hearts of those whom the father has called to salvation.

I have actually had long conversation with some of the cults in the past whom had an open mind and were open to reason. I am so thankful so many do not think like you. Also my old pastor plenty of times would engage them.

#29 evangelist6589, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nut job is a good word for it. That is definitely what it looks like.

11. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I would if I were trying to win him over as a friend, thus opening the door for discussion of doctrine.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A bunch of cowards thats all. My advice for evangelism I learn from the Bible. Its really programs like the Way of the Master which has taught me to reject most of what these people are saying. Thousand Hills has a point on reaching people that I know and of which I am preparing a letter to my dentist and will have some tracts.

#32 evangelist6589, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a good person because you sure act like one? Seriously are you a good person so that you need to insult me? Got a few questions for you.

Have you ever lied before?

Have you ever stolen anything before?

Have you ever made a God in your own image and or had idols?

You know you are guilty of breaking Gods law and you deserve Hellfire and Gods wrath. But it was Jesus that forgave you and took your place Mitchell and bore your crimes.

Knowing this whom granted you as a judge over me?

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Space man! Have you been to outer space yet? Your mind sure is there! Its on the moon.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are insulting godly pastors and others on this board. I'd be very careful or you will be run off this board like you were on that other board you joined for five days last week. Didn't take them long to figure out your act, did it?

[​IMG]

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who take a stand for truth.
    I have had conversations with cultists in the past who had open minds and were open to reason.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Knowing this who granted you as judge of me?

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Between this and your very weird post toward ITL well.......They do not look very coherent.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A poster from this board whom posts here and there told me they are a bunch of wolves on that place. It did not take me long to figure that out as well and I said goodbye to those anti-Calvinists KJVO radicals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.