1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A good way to telephone the false churches?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Is it possible for some folks to allow hatred too much control in their life? Evangelist is on fire for God and is trying to reach lost souls in a variety of ways. His methods are outside some people's comfort zones so they attack and ridicule him. It's a clear display of hatred having too much control over some folks.

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cowards?

What is so courageous about sending letters and tracts to churches a single person has deemed a false church. Cowardly is writing letters and making phone calls. If you have a problem with a particular church, man up and meet them face to face.

In stead, why don't you take the same paper and stamp and write a letter of encouragement to a pastor that is in the trenches, proclaiming the Gospel in season and without. Come beside him and lift him up in prayer. In spite of what the book sellers are telling folk there are good, godly men around the world contending for the faith once and for all delivered to the saints.

The Yellowpages list 966 churches in the city of Denver. Surely, there has to be 100 sound churches among that number. Any yahoo can tear a building down. It takes skill to build one. I say it takes more courage to support a Bible believing pastor even if he does quack like your particular duck.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hatred? :laugh: Is there a full moon tonight?

4. matt wade

So anyone who is a leader of others is now worthy of respect? Shall we use the FULL title of the Pope when addressing him?

His Holiness [papal name], Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God.

5. matt wade

Who says one can't do both? Just because Evangelist sends letters of admonishment doesn't mean he also can't send letters of encouragement.

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is this in the theology forum? No theology in this thread.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good question.....

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG] I think I just had a small stroke because while reading this I had an image of Padre ducking Evan in a Walmart. [​IMG] Sorry for the interruption...carry on...

#68 Benjamin, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see Padre ducking. I doubt Madre would be into that either. Most likely they would just walk away.

10. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have got to be kidding me!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!!

Are you serious??????? Are you AWARE of what these groups teach????

American Baptist
    Charismatic
    Emerging
    Gay/Homosexual
    Judaism
    New Age
    Seeker
    United Methodist
    Universalist

Go and spend more time reading your Bible and then go to the websites of these churches.

11. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's this connection you are making between female pastors of the churches you view as teaching heresy and Lydia?

What's this connection you are making between yourself and Paul?

Lydia was a great woman of the Bible. A GREAT woman. She was not a heretic in need of someone mailing her tracts. You insult her.

And you've insulted a lot of good people here by calling them cowards because they don't agree with your opinions about witnessing to others.

As for me, I'll decline in sharing my thoughts with you about your methodology. I'll just say this. You know how people are going to react to you here.

Why then do you insist on posting here about what you do with your ministry over and over and over knowing that there aren't many who agree with the way you go about doing these things? And WHY won't you take anyone's posts to heart and meditate on what has been said?

At this point it is only stirring up discord. God is not glorified in these threads of yours. Why not bring up something else? I know you don't care about talking to me, but there are some great guys here with whom you could have a good cyber-fellowship with if you would make the effort.

#71 Scarlett O., Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is rich. Between you and padre the one in most need of reading their Bible more would be you. What those people believe is irrlevent to what padre was saying. What you should do is drop that smugness and listen to what you are being told.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It certainly was a quiet few days while Evan was on vacation... :laugh:

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? Pride.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just sent a thank you card and a great letter of encouragement with also 2 tracts to my dentist and his assistant. No Million Dollar bills, just some regular gospel tracts. One by John Piper and one by Mike Gendrin.

16. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice dodge. Now answer the question. You get all in a huff when someone interacts with your threads. How do you think a pastor is going to react?

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, take what many of the posters here have said to heart.

Spend more quality time with your wife and far less on internet forums.

Take a haitus from speaking of twotm.

Your pastor must be a very gracious man. Listen more, and speak less.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That is why this is a DEBATE form. There is a WOTM episode of Ray and Kirk boxing. The point was to teach evangelists that there will be Plenty of blows from people for the work of an evangelist but to keep at it until the bel rings and Christ calls us home.

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please explain, in detail, how you are fulfilling the Great Commission by sending these letters to these churches.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thousand Hills an idea. I am gonna make candy bags and my wife and I are gonna pass then out to kids and also have a tract inside in our neighborhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.