A major weakness of Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 9, 2017.

1. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally am at the moment a Dispensationalist. However I am open to Reformed/Covenant Theology. One major weakness of dispensationalism is the fact that so few churches in their camps preach on Hell. I will borrow a certain post on FB that outlines this problem very well.

TO WARN SOMEONE OF ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES IS NOT JUDGING THEM, IT IS LOVING THEM.

One of the things that many pulpits and churches today failed to talk, teach and preach about is the reality of the place which the word of God called hell. If we are honest about it, we find this subject abhorrent, offensive, and repulsive that we chose to ignore and evade this topic as much as possible, we tried to forget and think that it does not exist and is not real. But the Word of God is very specific and clear about it, Jesus and the apostles speak and talk plainly and strongly about it, warning us of it's evils and horrors, and it's unimaginable, eternal, gruesome sufferings. It is for this very reason, that God in His grace and mercy sent forth His only begotten Son that sinful, fallen men who will repent, believed, trust, follow and obey Jesus will be saved and escape this terrifying place. The good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ is meant to destroy, defeat and shatter the penalty of sin which is eternity of suffering and damnation in hell. Sadly, because the church is not faithful and neglect in communicating the whole truth of God's word, failing to warn people of this place, no longer speak and preach about sin, repentance and holy living, many are doom to go and suffer in this place, many will spent their eternity in this place. The word of God is very clear in Revelation 21: 8 " But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone which is the second death." Time is running fast, eternity is waiting and the doors of hell is opening it's mouth wide for the multitudes of people who mocks and ridicule the truth of its existence, who loves sin and hates God and rejects God's offer of mercy and salvation through His Son. God's people are commission to speak and share the whole absolute truth in love or we will find ourselves accountable before God for the souls of many.

This weakness seems to be mostly in Dispensationalist churches, yet as a FB poster testifies not in Reformed churches. Many will go to Hell because so few will preach on it, and warn others of the fire that awaits them!

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that the biggest problem in it is that it tends to make out 2 separate and distinct peoples of God, the old school of it even had OT saved by the Law, NT by Grace!

3. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

<wipes tears from corners of eyes>

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

4. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner for the dumbest statement ever made on the internet!

5. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you know this how?

6. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He read it on Facebook, the bastion of truth!

7. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some may consider this a rather ignorant question, but how often did the writers of the NT and OT make statements concerning hell in comparison to statements concerning heaven?

Is the OP focusing on condemnation or reconciliation?

Are not the lost condemned, already knowing that they need a change? Never met one who wouldn’t admit that to be true.

Then why preach hell other than out of manipulation, rather than reconciliation (which Paul preached) that has no ability to be manipulated?

Preach the Scriptures, if he’ll is part of that Scripture, discuss it, but make the focus that which is ascendant.

8. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same reason one would any other doctrine.

9. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you preach hell to manipulate?

Giving an answer to part of one out of three questions, is a start.

10. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no your claim was stupid.

11. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How then do you preach on hell as not to be manipulative?

12. Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Red bolding mine.

I'm Reformed. I cannot speak for every reformed church. But this is quite a serious accusation. You said many will go to Hell because so few will preach on it.

You can't begin to support this. How many is MANY? Since when did people become not in control of their own salvation? No preacher is in control of my salvation.

Please try not to make broad statements that you cannot even begin to support. This particular one is NOT TRUE.

13. Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you. The gospel is not something that should be used to terrify people into accepting some kind of alternative.
    We do call that manipulation because that is what it is.

I know many Christians who are confused about sheol, hades, and hell.

14. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My head hurts......................................

15. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You call yourself Reformed so are you familiar with the puritans? Are you familiar with John Bunyan’s book on Hell?

16. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine too. Alls I know is Christ is the Son of God, He died for our sins. God is the same God as that of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and he wants us to do what he tells us to in plain English in our Bible translation.

That's good enough for me :Biggrin

17. Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Are you asking a question or are you baiting? I'm very aware of Bunyan's words. Since I am reformed what do you think you are accomplishing with your statement on the Puritans. What do they have to do with this thread? As I said before you are imposing things upon people that the Bible does not teach.

Where does the Bible teach that not hearing preaching about hell affects one's salvation. It's not there. The elect are chosen before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:4-5: "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"

Ephesians 1:11: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"

Acts 13:48: "And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed."

I can't find anything where Paul believed that the elect must hear the word of hell.

You are making things up to cause strife.

Ephesians 4:29King James Version (KJV)[/B]

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Your thread is not true. I am saved and it was totally the work of God.

A man centered gospel is not to be embraced.

18. JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible is God's Word. And that He uses His Word to preach Truth and out of Love. His mercy and grace. But also knowing there would be consequences if we rejected Jesus Christ His one and only Son. Separation from Him forever.

19. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look people must repent and believe in the gospel. It is true the elect are chosen. But.... still we need to preach the gospel and the gospel includes the doctrine of Hell.

I will ask again. Are you familiar with John Bunyan's book on Hell? Have you read it?

20. Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

It seems to me that you can't say "Many are going to hell because <man made issue>" and believe in the doctrines of grace. If a man can cause other people to go to hell, doesn't that completely and totally negate your doctrine?

Secondly, being a dispensationalist has nothing to do with whether one preaches on hell. And your statement of most not preaching on hell is at best unfounded.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk