1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A moment of silence for the first amendment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gold Dragon, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh man, that is one tall order. Our last President thought he had the power to make new laws all by himself. He was shot down by the Supreme Court just about every time he tried one of his end runs around the Constitution.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If what you say is true, that is obama respecting the constitution by respecting the judiciary’s role in keeping the executive in check. Disrespecting the constitution would be ignoring the judiciary when it didn’t agree with him. Like trying to cover up a violation of the 1st amendment.

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, he disrespected the Constitution by even trying to do the things he did. He is on video time and time again in front of Hispanic audiences saying he cannot just make new immigration laws all by himself, that he wasn't a King, that the Congress had to act and he would then sign the bill sent to him into law. Then, one day out of the blue he signs an Executive Order, the DACA Executive Order, which in essence was a new immigration law. He did not have the constitutional authority to do such a thing, only the Congress has the authority. Therefore he disrespected the Constitution terribly by doing what he did and in my humble opinion should have been impeached.

You certainly have a convoluted way of thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You noticed

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evexutive Orders huh. You really want to go there? Lol.

6. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Call me the eternal optimist. I’ve been around here for a long time, not because I enjoy receiving ad hominems but hopeful that my brothers and sisters in Christ would free themselves from the manipulation of those who take advantage of their trust.

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bring it on. Every time President Trump was challenged on his Executive Orders, the Supreme Court upheld them, ruling against the leftist Federal Judges who ruled in the first place and then the leftist dominated lower Appeals Courts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Barr throwing a USPP tactical commander under the bus for this incident.

Barr says he didn’t give tactical order to clear protesters

Barr attempts to distance himself from removal of peaceful protesters before Trump photo-op - CNNPolitics

#108 Gold Dragon, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know it’s pretty pathetic how after you guys took your shots at Golden Dragon and he ends up validating his argument everyone clears out of here or tries to change the subject like Adonia who did the “what about Obama” thing.

Trump made a mockery of the constitution and Christianity in on afternoon. Very impressive.

10. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it's especially hard to watch those who allow themselves to be so blindly, mindlessly misled by the godless progressive leftist media and politicians, but no one can force them to give it up, rather it's something they will have to realize themselves, much like Candace Owens did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deflections. People ignoring this thread like the plague now because they got dosed with a helping of crow.

12. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I made my case many times over, the Obama thing was just a side bar. Do I need to say it again? No one's constitutional rights were violated, no one was arrested, they were just moved to a different location so they could continue on with their chanting of spells, the making of potions, sticking Trump dolls with pins and their perceived injustices. So not only were their protesting rights respected, but their religious rights as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nonsensical, but all too typical, non sequitur. Try to follow what is actually being said. The post I replied to was ridiculously general to the point of being an obvious lie.

The hypocrisy of thinking oneself the deliverer of the conservative mindset by posting skewed information from progressive leftist media as if it's the truth is too rich a target. He even appealed as an ad hominem victim, though he himself typically resorts to ad hominem whenever outed for carelessly propagating even dangerous bias.

We all tend to see things from our own perspective. You and GD are no exception, obviously deceived by progressive leftist propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still not addressing the content of his post. We all know why pal. Keep deflecting. I’ve been here long enough to know that this is all smoke and mirrors to keep you away from addressing his post. You aren’t the first to do it here and won’t be the last.

15. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Former White House chief of Staff John Kelly: 'I agree' with Jim Mattis on Trump

89 former Defense officials: The military must never be used to violate constitutional rights

Colin Powell: Trump has 'drifted away' from the Constitution

16. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would like to know how these men feel about the times the military was used in the United States against it's own people. Specifically for General Powell I would like to ask him if it was okay when President Eisenhower sent men from the 101st Airborne Division into Little Rock, Ar. to enforce a Supreme Court decision there. Had we "drifted away" from the Constitution then?

Was it okay to send Federal Forces into Los Angeles during the 1992 riots to quell them? The California National Guard was Federalized and active duty Federal troops were sent in. Had we "drifted away" from the Constitution then?

How about the time President Hoover sent the Army led by General McArthur and his aide Major Eisenhower into Washington DC to confront what was called "The Bonus Army" which was made up of WW1 veterans who only wanted to get the bonus they had been promised by the government. Had we drifted away from the Constitution then also?

So we can see that there was precedent for the President, any President, to use the powers granted to him by the U.S. Constitution in his role as Commander-in-Chief to use the military within the continental United States and against United States citizens. I said ANY PRESIDENT, not just ANY PRESIDENT except Donald J. Trump.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The irrational obstinacy and irrelevance of your posts in the face of simple truth is truly amazing, but I suppose meshes well with the hypocritical condescension of GD's post (below) which you seem so desperate to legitimize.

BTW just who all are posting under "Use of Time"? I probably shouldn't ask, unless I'm prepared for the reply, "Our name is <self-edited>!"

18. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The statement from the 89 addressed this.

19. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    They only mentioned it; they didn't address it, much less demonstrate a valid difference. Sounds very much like a political hit job.

20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We see how people can pick and choose when they think if someone's rights were violated. I would put forth the notion that the rights of the veterans who had gotten together to protest that they had not received their promised bonus were violated. They were peacefully encamped when General Macarthur descended upon them with his troops tearing down their tents and forcefully removing them. So those 89 former defense officials didn't deem that action to be a major violation of their rights? I'm astounded, completely astounded!

It's all political, it's all against "Orange Man Bad". The authority that other President's have had to do things does not apply to President Trump. I get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.