1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A moment of silence for the first amendment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gold Dragon, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a dark day in US history. The similarities to what happened at Lafayette park are eerie. I’m pretty sure that 89 would not lump this episode with the others.

The Last Time the U.S. Army Cleared Demonstrators From Pennsylvania Avenue

An even more detailed retelling by Smithsonian

Marching on History | History | Smithsonian Magazine

#121 Gold Dragon, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are little similarities with Lafayette Park. No one was arrested, no one was killed, no one was severely assaulted, and no one was sent packing away from the city like what happened to the bonus army. They weren't even forced to stop protesting, they continued on with it a little bit further away from their original location. There were no mothers with their children at the Lafayette Park incident either. I don't believe the military was involved , it was just the Federal police forces that moved the protestors. Nope, no similarities.

Now, let's go to the 1992 Los Angeles riots. The California National Guard was federalized and U.S. Army active duty personnel were also involved. I wonder how the "89" felt about that use of Federal Forces. It's only because President Trump wanted to use the military is there any opposition. I guarantee that if President Obama had ever thought of sending or actually sent the U.S. military into the streets he would have been universally praised. Politics, pure politics is all this is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The irrational obstinacy and irrelevance of your posts in the face of simple truth is truly amazing, but I suppose meshes well with the hypocritical condescension of GD's post (below) which you seem so desperate to legitimize.

BTW just who all are posting under "Use of Time"? I probably shouldn't ask, unless I'm prepared for the reply, "Our name is <self-edited>!"

[/QUOTE]

The usual ad homs. Still deflecting and dodging.

#123 Use of Time, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect the reason you think my responses are deflecting and dodging is because you cannot grasp what I was responding to or how supercilious it was. But go ahead, try to make a rational statement describing it and challenging it, instead of spouting nebulous nonsense and vacuous accusations.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason I think your responses are deflecting and dodging is because you still haven’t even tried to dispute the number ours reports he posted. You won’t try, you will just hurl more personal attacks.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? Your post is garbled. But you have it all confused and backward. To be clear, the comment by GD was pure ad hominem with a supercilious air of martyr/messiah complex. Quite laughable, but also sad.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He cited sources not ad hominems. You are still ignoring them.

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all what I'm referring to or what I replied to. I added the quote above. I did not ignore anything. He made a very general statement.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He gave specific contradictions from the police themselves and you have not addressed any of it once.

10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  11. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What I saw was just absolutely wrong’: National Guardsmen struggle with their role in controlling protests

#131 Gold Dragon, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  12. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Over 1000 DOJ alumni from Republican and Democrat administrations are signatories to this statement.

DOJ Alumni Letter to Inspector General Michael Horowitz

13. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh, the members of the Deep State are troubled? Too bad. What was worse, this or the attempted coup of the duly elected President of the United States, Mr. Donald J. Trump?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everything that has a different opinion than Trump is part of the “deep state.” The favorite fairy tale Boogeyman for Trump sycophants.

15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand that you deny the attempt by the highest echelons of the FBI and their treason, and that is sad as more than enough evidence has come out. The unprecedented spying of an opposition Presidential candidate by the sitting Presidential administration (Obama's) was also very troubling.

It was a 674 day investigation by Special Counsel Mueller that turned up no "collusion" between Trump and the Russians.. And just last week the acting AG Rod Rosenstein said before an Senate committee that he would not have signed off on the FISA warrant or ordered said Mueller investigation had he known the extent of FBI malfeasance.

An attempted coup of the duly elected President by members of the "Deep State" that was not successful, thank God. Stay tuned, if there is any fair justice left in America indictments should be forthcoming against some of your "heroes" from the belly of the beast in short order by the office of the United States Attorney from CT John Durham.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, absolutely wrong, and it started with the extremely violent protesters.

Osterholm said the Guardsmen were ill-prepared for the hate directed at them by the protesters, which was reminiscent of the anti-military sentiment during the Vietnam War. The shift from being viewed as heroes during the coronavirus pandemic to villains suppressing citizens’ right to protest happened overnight, she said.​

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question to focus on is why these “Guardsmen were ill-prepared for the hate directed at them by the protesters.” The riots, the lootings, the shootings, the burning, the violence should be evident to all. Who is hiding and denying the truth, so that those headed to the frontlines don’t realize how much anti-America hatred is seething within the “peaceful protesters”?

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 6:30 PM Pacific.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.