1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question regarding KJVO

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Keith Mullins, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disobey scripture as you bear false witness, making the false allegation that I supposedly do not believe God. Perhaps you have a problem with what the Scriptures teach. I believe God and the Scriptures. I believe all that the Scriptures state and teach about themselves. I repeatedly appeal to the Scriptures as the basis for my points. I believe what God says.

Your human non-scriptural KJV-only reasoning/teaching attempts to add to Scripture opinions of man that the Scriptures do not teach. You choose to believe assertions that are not true and that are not what God says.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Captain, but several English translations follow the ancient mss. closely, such as the NKJV & NASV, in OUR English.

And we've pointed out several goofs & booboos in the KJV, I. E. "Easter" in Acts 12:4. So, did GOD inspire those goofs & booboos?????????????????????

Now, WHY did God choose to give us His word in Hebrew, Aramaic, & Koine Greek? First, those were the languages of His chosen penmen & the immediate readership of His written word over the centuries. Second, He knew those languages wouldn't be vastly changed over the years.

And a reminder-The KJVO myth is NOT found in Scripture, a fact which automatically makes it false.

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. You'll be alone some day.

4. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I am sorry, L1560, but your comments are not evidence of what you claim. When someone champions a dynamic equivalence of what they say is absolutely the words of God, The Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, then present arguments in favor of other men altering those words by replacing them with their own, (editing) and then have the gall to say those men have accurately translated those words into the English language, that man at the very least has a problem with reasoning and logic. Isn't that a description of yourself?

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the Holy Spirit cannot use the scriptures only to save a lost sinner, that He requires human assistance?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the Holy Spirit cannot work with just the scriptures alone to save lost sinners?

8. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sergeant, but this statement is a copout. You have not argued for several of the modern translations but for all of them. You may prove me wrong by posting a link where you have warned about any English translations not following closely the ancient manuscripts. And who is satisfied with closeness anyway? This is suggestive of your real philosophy.

The KJV is not a translation of the same manuscripts of most of the modern versions, and you know that.

Chapter and verse where you learned this from God. If you cannot find it, then you are pumping a philosophy or you are a prophet with some new information.

I have pointed out at least two statements of your faith in this post that is not scripture based. Why do you attack my faith and cannot prove your own and do not feel any urgency to try? There seems to be a force at work here.

9. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I quoted God, if the scriptures are indeed his word. Where did I go wrong?

10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Men preached God's word, even the man Christ Jesus. Name a member of Adam's race who has ever been saved without the influence of a man, and we can talk. I bet some man copied or printed the scriptures the Holy Spirit is using.

Jn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Think! And believe the words. There is no magic in salvation.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He supports the Kjv as his primary english translation, are you upset with him also liking the nkjv then?

12. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit can save a lost sinner if they read the bible!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Holy Spirit power to convict, regenerate, enable and quicken limited to just human agents used by Him?

15. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where was the Holy Spirit in Acts 8? Why did John of Japan feel the need to go to Japan? Why didn't he just translate a Japanese Bible and send that to them? Why did God send preachers before there was a bible in the NT? Why not send a Bible first instead of the preacher?

Think!

16. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you disagree with my quotes from the KJV, then quote your bible that says something different for confirmation of your own faith. I am trying to believe the words I am reading. What about you?

17. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abraham

Noah

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible and the Holy Spirit saves the lost sinner, correct? Cannot the person read the scriptures and hav the Holy Spirit do His salvation work there then?

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somewhere on this very board, I have spoken against the New World Translation, the "Clear Word Bible", the Living Bible with its cusswords, and expressed my dislike for "dynamic equivalence" translations.
    And YOU must be satisfied with closeness, as a close examination of your KJV compared with the best translations of many Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic words or phrases will reveal a large number of differences.

It's a translation of the Hebrew Masoretic Texts & Beza's revision of the Textus Receptus, with only some 20 mss. being used altogether, with some 5K mss. or parts of mss.being available now.

I base that statement upon common sense. God could've given His word in Goofoffistanese had He so chosen.

Guess the phrase "These truths are self-evident" holds no meaning for you. Fact is, you simply cannot support nor justify your KJVO myth, so you seek a different bunny trail, to attack the messenger since you can't defeat the message.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about those testimonies from people who state were in a hotel and read Gideon bible, or watched a tv show and got saved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.