1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Response to Why I am #NeverTrump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Tendor, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Again, this shows how much smarter the previous generation was. Governing authorities don't have to be Christians. They don't have be moral beacons. Reagan was likely not one, nor any since him. There is no pastoral test for a governing authority except to do what's outlined by Paul in Romans 13—punish evil and minister to the innocent. That's why the previous generation elected the divorced Hollywood actor over the Souther Baptist Sunday School teacher. They understood what the office was about. They knew their Bibles better than we do.

We don't don't understand government at all. And we'll suffer for it. Again, I hope the next generation is smarter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you're just being directly insulting. These kinds of posts have no business on the Baptist Board.

No, I won't vote for Trump because I think he is the worst candidate for POTUS since Nixon. Hillary is the second worst.

And don't you DARE tell me that I don't love my children as much as he does. You don't know him personally, and you don't know me personally. You are being arrogant, uncouth, and uncivil, and your words are unbecoming of a Christian. I challenge you to repent now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I know. I don't really think he was trying to be overly offensive. Just figured if he wanted to step in the ring with me I might as well let him experience a little of my leather. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

Anyone who believes that The supreme court picks that Trump offered aren't better than what Hillary would choose is willfully ignorant.

I didn't say you don't love your kids. Read carefully. I never said it. I said Trump loves his kids and your kids and my kids more. He's not willing to throw away their future because he got his feelings hurt. You may love your kids, but you're willing to help Hillary. Trump is much better than you in that area. He's much more moral than you in that area.

And yes, I dare say that.

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such a wonderful way to welcome a new member.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there it is....

Look, I'm not voting for Hillary so according to your tortured logic, that means I'm voting for Trump.

No, I'm not voting for Trump because he's an egotistical narcissist xenophobic misogynist blowhard that has no government experience, and he's not moral enough.

Not as much irony as someone who knows nothing about me or my children telling me I don't love them as much as Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you should read carefully. I said this---

"And don't you DARE tell me that I don't love my children as much as he does. You don't know him personally, and you don't know me personally."

And for the seemingly thousandth time, my vote in Arkansas will not matter. I could vote for Trump. I could vote for Clinton. I could vote for Johnson. I could vote for Stein. I could vote for anyone else who makes the ballot, and Trump will win the state under every circumstance.

My vote for Johnson won't help Hillary any more than my wishing we had flying cars would make it happen immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again the argument against people that don't want to vote for Trump has descended into lies and insults. Just following the Supreme Leader's example, I suppose.

(waiting for the walk back any time now...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Calminian

Site Supporter

I'm not concerned as much about your vote as the public nonsense you're sharing here, nationwide. We, as Christians, should be supporting the candidate who will protect our courts. We should be actively encouraging everyone to do this, for the sake of our kids and grandkids who will live under these judges for the next 30-40 years. Instead you are encouraging Christians to be fools and help Hillary.

And BTW, while insulting Trump to no end, you then complain about how you feel insulted. So much irony there. It's so typical of this generation. Many here are much worse than Trump, and much thinner skinned.

10. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What generation raised this current generation?

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have an opinion about Trump that is strong but by no means universally shared. You're taking a very smug approach and being condescending to everyone who dares to disagree with you. You're dancing around the line of directly calling me a fool, so I'll at least give you some credit for restraint, but just because my beliefs are different from yours doesn't mean you have the right to insult me and compare my love for my kids to any other person's love for theirs. That is out of bounds, and I think you know it.

And where am I insulting Trump to no end? He's done things, and he's bragged about them. Saying that isn't insulting.

I know we aren't electing a national pastor, but I cannot in good conscience vote for Trump, period.

Scripture clearly tells us that God is in control, so I'm not that worried about the pragmatism that would cause me to violate my beliefs. I think God can take care of things in his way. If he wants Trump to win, Trump will win.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Calminian

Site Supporter

Again, I have to stop there are marvel. Yes, Trump can be insulting. He's a fighter, for sure. He insults at times, and is very gracious at times. But look then at the people who oppose him? Are they any better. Were the other candidates any better? The media? The accusing Christians? Look at the insults flying from the "good" baptists and Christians on this board. Are they really morally superior to Trump? Look at the insults and the names they are calling Trump and anyone supporting Trump.

I knew this one was coming. "Hey, I'm just going to trust the sovereignty of God." Problem is, Christ also told us about the sin of putting God to the test. "Throw yourself off the mountain, and let His angels catch you," Satan proclaimed. That's exactly what this generation is doing. We're so smug. We're so self-righteous. We're so insulting. And we're not just willing to throw ourselves off the mountain but our kids also, daring God not to catch all of us. God help us, if we think we're more righteous than Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, stand up to his challenge by drawing out the truth with logic before he gets the idea that meaningless rhetorical trolling is the norm around here. Know what I mean? ...Oh, ...uhh, ...nevermind... [​IMG]

14. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. You should expect the "God's sovereignty" argument because it is 100% unadulterated, unspoiled biblical TRUTH. God used pagan kings who make Hillary look like one of the twelve Apostles by comparison.

If squashing one's conscience out of political pragmatism is equivalent to putting God to the test, then what, exactly, is the point of our faith? To support the Republican party, at all costs?

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36, KJV)

I'm not willing to throw myself off the mountain. I'm willing to say that we might have to face the lions, but it's better to keep our conscience clear than to compromise for political expediency. (Cf. Daniel)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trump's words are not interventionist. He was not a proponent of either Iraq war. He was not in favor of the Libya war which totally destabilized that region. Obama/Clinton were. If anything, Trump is an isolationist.

16. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not that his words are, but his temperament isn't exactly calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't imagine where he would get such an idea that meaningless rhetorical trolling is the norm... oh wait never mind.

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

His temperament is seems more calm than yours, frankly. Look at all the insults you throw out.

Again, this is the irony of the never trump christians. They don't like Trump's insults, yet don't realize they're just like him. We all are. Fighting back is part of being human. We all fall short in this area. We all stumble. Just look at this thread. Look how Rubio went off for a short span there. Look at how Jindal went off. Who are we or they do judge?

And why would we respond by throwing away the courts that will rule over our kids and grandkids? How does that make you better than Trump? Our compass is so off, we're have no idea where we're going.

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, and I would also add if we are going to talk about the temptations here, let's not forget that Trump's temptation to evangelicals is power, if they vote for him. http://www.christianpost.com/news/d...-great-power-higher-church-attendance-167884/

As far as I'm concerned the only power we as Christians should be concerning ourselves with, is the power of the Gospel. If we want to change this country it is the Gospel that will do it, not the voting both (Yes I realize it's not an either or, but a both and). If we are going to talk about using our vote to affect change, we need to vote for real change (not vague hope and change/Make America Great Again), not for the lesser of two evils, which is why we are in this spot to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.