1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Second Lockdown?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, May 21, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. I have no idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Pelosi is the one who said that centuries of patriarchal tyranny have normalized the tradition of women giving birth.

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the lockdown was never about the virus. That is just the guise they put it under. The lockdown did not work, it was never going to work. Now there is no herd immunity and we haven't been exposed to seasonal sicknesses that we normally build up immunity to. The Economy is in shambles, people are out of work. Democrats pushed through an agenda. This was their plan. This was their agenda. Why do you think there is such disparity between Red and Blue states on how this virus was handled? It's not a secret. This has been a dream for Democrats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For one - it was never a true lock-down - people were permitted to leave their home. Of course since there was very little open - there was no reasons to leave your house.

In a true lock-down, you would not be allowed to leave your home - and be subject to arrest -if you did. Only selected personnel would be allowed out - ie police, medical, deliverymen for certain products - for example - food,yes, flowers no

Granted - large cities where peopl live on top of each other - subways where they squeezes in 150 people into a subway car that holds 100 - yes that can be a problem. But most places - it was not a major problem. In fact most deaths were seniors 0and those with previous major medical problems and the location -ie nursing homes.

Here in upstate NY, a new company is building a new Greenhouse business, on over 100 acres of land. Total employment is about 500 right now. about 300 who are immigrants - were put up into area motels - 4 to a room, 2 to bed. - over 170 contracted the Chinese virus. -Yes when people live and work on top of each other - it can spread easily. Also there is a nursing home in our county that has had a high rate of infections.
    There has been 327 cases - with a population of 70,000. Most were between the Greenhouse and the nursing home.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There should never have been a first lockdown. I don't believe Trump is a big enough fool to go for a 2nd one.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    All he can do is lockdown the Fed govt
    Only the governors can lockdown their states/commonwealths

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, after a real taste of power what do you predict for the BS governors??
    (Incidentally, the “BS” refers to Blue State, although *******!!) :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We didn't know what we were up against. We won't be fooled again.

8. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think ever since the state of the union speech there was a consensus reached by Nancy Pelosi and her circle, that by any means possible, the President would be taken down. And the ends justify the means, including using the media to incite extreme reaction which I would apply the following...
    se·di·tion
    /səˈdiSH(ə)n/

noun
    noun: sedition; plural noun: seditions
    1. conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'd have to ask our Pastor the first question. But I would support his decision.
    He's in his 50th year pastoring the church, and he is well seasoned in dealing with governmental intrusive type situations at various levels.

Under advise from a trusted Christian lawyer, the pastor reluctantly shut down the bus ministry for two months, which was a first. It's back up and running the last two weeks. We complied with closing our Christian School k-12, in accordance with the counties orders for all schools to be shutdown.

We have been live streaming for many years: the Adult Sunday School Service, Morning Worship Service, Sunday Night Service, and Wednesday Night Service.

For Sunday School, across the property, we average 600-900. Lighter in the summer when the school and college are closed and the yanks are back up north. Heavier when school and college are in and the yanks are here.

Our Pastor advised the congregants to do what they felt they needed to do. We have a lot of elderly like most churches. We were running around 300 in Sunday School due to the virus influence. But our live stream numbers jumped up around 300-400. So I think overall we were ministering to a similar number as without the virus.

We normally run around 300 on the buses. The first two weeks back running them we're at 150 average. Praying for it to come back to normal numbers soon. We took food by to the bus route folks every Saturday.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't a clue of the truth. The President, who is certainly not a liberal, and his experts have repeated said that it was likely that 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 million lives were saved by the mitigation of social distancing. It bought us time to prepare so that we were not overrun, people (who don't behave like stupid monkeys) learned what responsible actions should be taken and we could open safely following guidelines while we close in on treatments and a vaccine.

(snip)

#31 Benjamin, May 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
  12. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, we could have saved even more lives if we didn't go into the war in Europe when Hitler rose up with his ideas of 'Neuordnung' (New Order), but then what...

13. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of that is just GUESS work. It has no basis in reality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take the guess of the President's and his top experts in the country over your's or other other ignorant internet rambling any day.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People are starting to act weird. I can be the only car on a four-lane divided highway and someone will come up from behind and start tailgating me. I see police everyday every four or five miles. I got so that I will do without rather than go in one of the uptight stores. I am buying as little as possible. Medicare and Medicaid abandoned the elderly. The Dems were too busy with the Kennedy Center and eating $100 a gallon ice cream to think about nursing homes.

16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Top experts? Fauci is one guy. There are MANY doctors and scientists who say he is dead wrong.

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, people are beyond weird! People are becoming careless as if the threat is over rather than admitting that we're doing well because of the social distancing that took place. The simple fact is, we opened up to save the economy not because it is safe. When it comes to masks, people seem to want to be a martyr to some cause or a brave defiant soldier in the face of a communist overload with their refusal to wear one. Others argue wearing a mask is an infringement on their rights rather than simply a polite things to do for the common good. God help us. Stay safe out there!

18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean you don't want to listen to the President's "Top Expert" Dr. Fauci when he said masks are pointless? Oh yeah, I forgot, they buried that video. Masks are stupid and do not help with Covid (per Dr. Fauci) and also are bad for your health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, they are bad for me - tried to wear one almost fainted.
    Now, I wear a scarf - and hold it up when within 2 meters.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard every press conference and Fauci never said it was "pointless" -that is your delusional interpretation and he is just one of the experts that President listens to. Early on I wrote my congressman and senator saying we should have disinfectant at every door of every business distribute masks to every person in the country and that everyone should wear one in public. FYI, I never wanted to close the economy and thought there were better alternatives but for the fact people are stupid and won't even protect others without making it not a hyper partisan issue -which very unfortunately is more important than saving lives to many.

Even the President is now insisting than people in the White House masks at times and is wearing one himself on occasion, you can simply look at the countries that do wear masks and see how ell they are doing com pared to others, but you can follow and believe whoever you want, it is a free country even if you have the right to be a party to this disease's spreading farther than it had to. Be proud...