1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Second Lockdown?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, May 21, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. I have no idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks! We have to reform our nursing home care by increasing Medicare and Medicaid for nursing homes.

We needed N95 masks, as you know. We need to put 95 mask production on a WW II footing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If some here are so worried and troubled over seal 1 and Covid19, how are you going to handle seal 4 where 2 Billion people die?

3. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh that's because he didn't say it on a press conference lol.
    Based on what? They DO NOT stop the spread and they DO NOT keep you from getting the virus. That is fact.

Masks don't protect anyone. They are "feel good" measures. They also harm your health.

More fearmongering. Tell someone who cares.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amigo, N95 masks worked in Taiwan.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Silly doctors should have consulted you before using them. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You, and those like you, should heed the words: Those who would give up liberty to gain security are neither safe nor free.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are covering up the fact that we have no sufficient domestic industrial capacity to manufacture N95 masks. In Taiwan 23 million people suffered only 7 deaths because they have N95 masks and they did not close down. We can't discuss that because social media only allows speech conforming to WHO. WHO is aligned with Xi Jinping through Ethiopian communist Tedros.

Also, we still have to deal with Xi Jinping who wants to wipe out Taiwan as the Red Chinese wiped out Tibet and other countries.

Finally, we have to spend $100 billion to make Medicare and Medicaid function better in the next pandemic. Asia has been the source of many diseases in the last 4,000 years.

8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you cite your source that n95 masks are what saved Taiwan? Besides, I would never wear one of those in a million years. I'd rather be able to breathe.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I am linking a video from April 2 from Canada's independent Rebel News. You can see from the virus map that the deaths are 7 total. Taiwan had no shutdown. I agree with you about masks but they are key at the beginning of an outbreak on my opinion. We have to walk on eggs with Red China so the Taiwan story has been hushed up and also it highlights our failures. There probably are other stories but this is the first that I heard of it.

Also a print article:

Why Taiwan's COVID-19 death rate is shockingly low

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd have to be a paranoid fool to suggest that wearing a mask would be giving up my liberty, that would be your playground not mine.

11. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only people who need to be wearing N95 masks are those working with highly vulnerable people - the elderly and those with compromised immune systems.

330,000,000 Americans are not going to be properly fitted with N95 masks. Way too many Americans are willing to trade living for mere existence. Be a llama - live, not merely exist.

upload_2020-5-26_6-55-19.gif

#52 KenH, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You missed the point. Como se llama? The masks are a substitute for a lockdown and replace social distancing when you have 23 million people on a small island but you manage to hold the death toll down to 7 people. Look at the video from Rebel News please. They explain the medical workings of it very well. Are those your llamas?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. It’s a gif.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, just looking at your post, those people are not wearing N95 masks.

Do you really think you can get 330,000,000 Americans to get fitted for N95 masks?

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    N95 masks are inexpensive masks like you buy at the lumber/hardware store. I don't know about the kind that you are talking about. A cloth mask stops what you exhale but does not filter what you inhale. An N95 stops 95% or less of the stuff that you inhale.

I agree with you that several of our minorities are anti-social and will not cooperate. Taiwan is different in that they know that they are alone in the world and that Xi Jinping wants to massacre them all.

Our medical system performed well but we were caught without PPE and the situation was made worse because the Chinese Communist Party had people buying supplies worldwide to be shipped back to the pit called China. We were aided by a great man Didier Raoult the French expert on infectious diseases.

We cannot publicly praise Taiwan for fear that Xi Jinping will attack them militarily in a fit of jealous rage. However, their medical system did better than anyone else in the world by far.

17. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps the key is Asia gets all these diseases and has immunity built up. The US destroys the immunity build up, thus more people get sick and die.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here’s a “novel” idea for the general public: If someone wants to wear an N95 mask, let them do so. If someone does not want to wear an N95 mask, they aren’t made to. You know - liberty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taiwan is a small island. Taiwan has 24 million people.

The United States is a large country on a large continent. The United States has 330 million people.

20. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    PPE isn't the answer. There is no proof that is what kept Taiwan from getting more cases. The lockdown, if anything, is prolonging the issue. Also, I don't believe the death toll numbers here in the United States for one second. They are inflated.