1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Very Special Saddleback Easter

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Mar 11, 2010.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Oh, good grief. You are just reaching here. I quoted the same passage you just did, except I did it in context. Do you miss the part where it says that 99% of arabic christians use Yasu. Did you also miss the part where they use Esa in a very specific situation? Did you miss the part where I referred you to another thread where we had a discussion about this practice and how it really isn't a good thing to do?

You own words were, "While many Christians may still use Yasu, it is more of a matter of preference like KJVO." I've provided proof that it is not just a matter of preference. I've provided proof that arabic christians use Yasu exclusively, except in one very specific case. Where's the proof for your statement? You've also stated, "Muslims use Yasu in the Q'ran as well". Where is your proof for that? Please show me where in the Q'ran that Yasu is used?

Stop apologizing for Warren. He used the name Isa to try and include Muslims in his little speech. He did it specifically because he was trying to convey a message that we all worship the same God. It follows his pattern of inclusiveness.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you happen to miss the part I put in quotes? Who cares what 99% of arabic Chrsistians use, and without a source this is just hearsay. Your own quote states arabic Christians use Isa. Like I said, case closed.
    There you go playing God again. Amazing spiritual gift you have in being able to read and judge hearts :rolleyes:

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'll try not to judge Warren, but I will judge his obvious blending of Christianity with Islam. I am well aware of Warren's PD program as I taught it in a church I once belonged to. I feel Warren has good hearted motives and I believe he thinks he's doing the right thing, but according to scripture he isn't. He has aligned himself with Muslims stating he believes the God of Christianity and Islam are the same. If you don't believe so, please check out the website I've linked where he signed on to a document produced by the Yale Center for Faith and Culture. Please read the document or statement and see that Warren has signed on to a belief that there is one God in common between Christianity and Islam.

http://www.yale.edu/faith/acw/acw.htm

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Here it is.

:rolleyes: