Abomination of Desolation Was Indeed Already Fulfilled

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gaviria.christian, Nov 9, 2019.

1. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cats who believe the papacy is "the" antichrist are simply wrong. There's been no temple in Jerusalem for any pope to enter & proclaim himself to be God. Daniel, Paul, & Revelation all say ONE MAN will do that. And it hasn't yet been done.

Same for saying the AOD happened in AD70. You dudes/dudettes who believe that are just-as-wrong, & are likely preterists.(That whole doctrine is false, of course, invented by some jeezits to take the onus off the pope.) Again, STUDY SOME HISTORY & don't rely on Josephus, a Flavius toadie, to have "gotten it right". Please study Titus' actions at Jerusalem & afterwards closely. First, he did NOT enter the temple & proclaim himself God. His men did NOT worship him; they named him an "imperator", an honorary title for a general who won a great victory. And, when he became Caesar 9 years later, he had a couple of shrines built for some Roman gods/goddesses, hardly an action of someone who'd declared himself to be God ! He had NO false prophet as a sidekick, he issued no marka the beast, and he died in great honor of a fever; he was NOT cast alive into gehenna. (He was revered for providing quick help for people affected by the AD79 eruption of Vesuvius that took out Pompeii & Herculaneum.) He was not known to have persecuted Christians, * once the rebellion at Jerusalem had been crushed, he no longer warred against Jews.

In other words, Titus fell far short of the Scriptural criteria for the "beast/antichrist". The TRUE beast MUST meet ALL those criteria exactly, to the last letter. And, BTW, no pope has come close to meeting those criteria, either ! (Nor did the preterists' hero Nero !)

2. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But none have been the beast, nor likely will be, altho one may be "the beast from the earth", the main beast's sidekick.

3. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly right, Dave ! The TRUE beast/antichrist MUST meet ALL the Scriptural criteria for that man exactly, to the last letter !

4. Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was too young to legally drink a beer, but old enough to be legally sodomized by a middle-aged homosexual, I attended a charismatic "baptist" church, with friends, for a number of months. The Sunday school teacher explained that Jews reject Jesus because he fulfilled only some, but not all, of the prophesies concerning the coming messiah. The teacher explained that Jews couldn't see in scripture that the messiah would take two physical comings to finish the prophecies. Hmmm, maybe that's because OT doesn't teach it would take two comings to fulfill OT prophecies?

(I'm not disputing the second coming, but that's another issue, an issue not found in the OT.)

5. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Papacy having murdered millions of Christians is not a bbbbbeast?

6. Joined:
    Oct 24, 2019
    Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I told you why already, because the Messiah said, "I did not come to abolish the Torah" and "whoever sets aside the least of these commands will be called least in the kingdom of the heavens". One thing points to another thing. Understand.

7. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No brother I am asking WHEN and WHY did you ever read a bible in the first place.

You are answering me with "Well God says i should read a bible in the bible"

estas.....cantiflado

8. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Source please. I've heard Catholics killed 80 million people when there wasn't even 25 million on the planet.

9. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not "the" Scriptural beast.

11. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one says they killed them all at once.

12. Joined:
    Oct 24, 2019
    Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I already answered that question also. I was raised by family and nannies that were all believers, Christians and Catholics. I began reading the scriptures as a child, because I believed in Yeshuah by what I told about him by them. Understand.

13. John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The premise of this post is laughable! It has NOT happened as of yet. I don't care about where you picked this up, it is false.

14. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you prove this from direct quotes of scripture?

15. John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    mush
    As well as much as you can prove that it has. Matthew 24:3-28, Has the gospel been preached in all nations yet (Mt 24:14)? Mark 13:14-23, has not happened as of yet, if you believe it has, when? 2 Thessalonians 2:7, "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he (Holy Spirit) who now letteth [will let], until He be taken out of the way. Reference to the Holy Spirit, who will leave this earth with the redeemed in the calling out (rapture). After that event, the Tribulation will begin (Rev 4:1) and during that time the Abomination of Desolation will happen. Just a few, I'm working on my messages for this week, so I don't have time for a lengthy conversation, answer my questions as you have time.

16. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see you prove your claims. And then I'll answer.

17. Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The papacy has murdered millions of Christians? Yes, martyred a few for practicing liberty, as governments do, but millions?

18. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's not.
    "The beast" of Revelation is the same man in Daniel 9 who makes the oblation to cease.

No one has yet seen a one man world dictatorship, who everyone thinks is the Messiah, and who makes people take a mark in their forehead or in their hand.
    No one has yet seen a man who has been given willing control of the nations by their citizens, who partners with a false prophet that can perform lying signs and wonders..the like which comes close to fooling even God's elect.

When you see him, you will either fall for his charade, or you will immediately run for the hills... knowing full well who he is.

19. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever read Matthew 24 and Mark 13?

Much of it is in there.
    Revelation contains most of the rest, as does Daniel , 2 Thessalonians and some others.

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul stated that the man of Sin will commit that in the Temple of God, and the Lord Jesus will do His second coming to destroy him, when did that all happen?