1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abomination of Desolation Was Indeed Already Fulfilled

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gaviria.christian, Nov 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The 4th beast of Daniel is Rome, and the "little horn" of that 4th beast is the succession of one man in highest authority in Rome, which began with Roman emperors, then continued on through Roman popes. That "little horn", through Titus, who later became emperor, set up the abomination of desolation on the eastern gate of the temple, which is exactly where it was prophesied to appear by Daniel, "on the wing shall appear an abomination of desolation", the "wing" being the extremity of the temple, which is the eastern gate. That abomination of desolation came in two forms, first, effigies of Caesar were put up, who was a great Roman emperor, which were worshiped by the Roman soldiers, then secondly, Titus himself was also worshiped, for Titus and and his father Vespasian, who was emperor at that time, were also considered gods by the Romans, which is why there existed the Temple of Vespasian and Titus. Then, as the succession of Roman authority continued in, they became Roman popes, who persecuted the people of God, for 1,260 literal years, which is 42 prophetic months, and then, the last Roman pope will be destroyed at the second coming of the Messiah. That is how the man of torahlessness fulfills all these prophecies, because they are collectively fulfilled through that succession of Roman authority for around 2,000 years now. To expect some antichrist in the future to fulfill all these prophecies is just pure fantasy and ignorance of what has happened in history for 2,000 years through Rome and the Roman popes and how prophecy has truly been fulfilled in that long span of time. Pure stupidity to be quite frank. Read my bible study discussing all of this, http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2018/12/0...the-mark-of-the-beast-and-the-meaning-of-666/ .

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd like to see how you came to that conclusion without education or anyone's "Help".

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    s if you're another wannabee author who hopes to get some publisher to buy his stuff, so you create Sensationalist bunk insteada sticking to the actual truth & meaning of Scripture. Paul wrote against such hucksters who hope to make a profit from God's word by twisting its meanings.

Any Scriptural references to the beast/antichrist/man of sin read "the", no matter what translation you use. Nowhere does it indicate a succession of such men. It indicates ONE MAN.

Again, Titus never entered the temple nor proclaimed himself to be God.

He had no false prophet performing great signs & wonders.

He did not issue any "marka the beast" nor compel anyone to bear such a mark.

Your stuff is all made up, with a LITTLE Scriptural truth, but mostly your imagination. it's a pretty poor attempt to deceive people. You're not gonna fool any REAL Christians here.

Readers, please check your Bibles to see who's telling the TRUTH here.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These truths are found in every valid Bible translation. All the references to the "beast/man of sin" refer to ONE MAN. And this man MUST meet every Scriptural criterion to the letter.

5. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Do not seek credentials, because they do not matter, and in fact, most that have credentials in the world know nothing. All that money wasted in fancy theological seminaries only to be indoctrinated into lies, hence "I praise You, Father, Master of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children". Believe the truth for the sake of it being the truth, rather than find reasons to discard it only because you didn't like it.

6. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 people I knew were converted to Christ just by reading the bible.

The first was a Jew. Who was thrown out of his family who then held a funeral service for him.

The second was a muslim, a turkisk cypriot. His family lived next to a church and as children were forbidden to go there. That was a challenge so they sometimes kicked their ball over the fence, but never met anyone.

You too can be converted to Christ if you read the bible.

7. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh where in the book of Daniel?

8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thats great.

I'd like to see how you came to that conclusion without education or anyone's "Help".

9. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus caused the sacrifice to cease, by his death. In case you hadn't noticed the sacrifice ceased in the first century. Jesus gave the new covenant for many. Matthew 26:28.
    Jesus Christ was a minster of the circmcision for the truth of God to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (the covenant)

10. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews are getting ready to build a new temple...with sacrifices.;)

Update on the Building of the Third Temple | Jewish Voice Ministries International

What are you going to say when it is completed?
    Agreed, sir.:)

11. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Because God is gracious to reveal his truth to whomever he pleases, and because I know how to read.

12. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post # 80.:)

" And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate." ( Daniel 9:27 ).

Here we go...

" Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    25 Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
    ( Daniel 9:24-27 ).

By the numbers:

A week is seven years.
    Seventy weeks is 70 times seven, or 490 years.

Verse 25, From the going forth of the commandment that Nehemiah was given... to restore and build Jerusalem... to the point of Jesus' crucifixion, we see 62 + 7 "weeks", or 69 "weeks" of years = 483 years.
    So, 483 years from God commanding Nehemiah to rebuild Jerusalem and the first temple to the time Jesus is crucified ( verse 26 ) is 483 years ( 450 + 33 )...
    Those are Jewish years, not Gregorian.

1 "week" ( seven literal Jewish years ) are left.

If the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D. are the "Anti-Christ", that throws the whole 70 "weeks" off, because the Lord went to the cross in roughly 33 A.D. ( Gregorian, "A. D." meaning "Anno Dominus" or "year of our Lord" ), and that means that 37 years had gone by since His crucifixion...not 7.
    Also, there was no covenant confirmed with many, for seven years, prior to the Romans destroying Jerusalem in 70 A. D.

Therefore, there is a "pause" in the clock, and the next man to come on the scene, the man that will sit in the mercy seat in the Third Temple, will be the "beast" of Revelation.
    The clock starts again when a 7 year covenant with Israel is ratified by the nations, he confirms it, and then at the middle mark, goes into the Third Temple and declares Himself God.

It's complicated, and I'm not going to go through it all, as I've yet to fully study it out.

But suffice to say, Jesus is not ruling and reigning from Jerusalem ( with His sheep ruling and reigning with Him ) yet, and He is set to do so for a literal 1,000 years.
    When Preterists can prove the timing correct, I still will not agree with them.

Why?
    Because there has been no 42 week ( 3.5 years ) tribulation yet, followed by His return.
    Certain events laid out in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 have certain things that immediately follow...which I take literally.
    Some of those crucial events have not happened yet.

Therefore, the Abomination of Desolation has not been fulfilled yet, because there has been no immediately-following-tribulation that has made the plagues of Egypt look like a picnic.

Those last 3.5 years will be Hell on earth for those who are not saved...:Sick
    And even for the saved, many of those will be killed.

#112 Dave G, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  13. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are making it up as you go along.

Firstly there was a 3½ rear tribulation on the Jews from AD 66-70

Secondly. No one said the Roman armies were antichrist.

Thirdly. (not in order) Verse 25 The publishing of the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple was proclaimed by Cyrus. The 483 years ran out when Jesus was baptised and annointed by the Holy Spirit and quoting Isaiah said The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he hath anointed me (The most Holy) to....preach deliverance to the captives.
    In doing this he was announcing a Jublilee. Immediately after the soon to be apostles recognised him as Messiah. He was crucified in the middle of the week, his minstry to the Jews was continued by the apostles until the conversion of Corneius, then the 70th week had expired.

Fourthly. you said When Preterists can prove the timing correct, I still will not agree with them. That is a strange thing. Do you realise what you are saying, even if they are correct you will not believe them? Well, just to inform you, I am not a preterist. Preterism and futurism were both invented by the Jesuits to counter the claim of the ttrue church that the pope is Antichrist..

Fifthly Antichrist is nowhere mentioned in Dan:9. or for that matter in Dan:11.as my pastor believes. He is not a dispy.

Lastly, The temple was destroyed in AD 70. The sacrifice did cease in AD 70. You futurists have to invent a future temple to fit in with your fables.

14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm saying that if they can prove the timing correct.

I will still not believe them because they don't believe in a literal 1,000 year reign, among other things.
    I'm not going to argue with you, David.

If you want to believe in Preterism, that is your choice.
    I'll stick with what I see in Scripture alone.

May God bless you sir.

15. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see, you have been appointed an Apostle because he said to the Apostles, "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to little ones." [Luke 10:21]. When did you become an Apostle? Christ also said to the Church in the persons of the Apostles, "He that heareth you, heareth me; . . . and he that despiseth me; despiseth him that sent me." [Luke 10:16], yet you would have us hear you instead? Are you to be heard over the Church?

And yes credentials matter especially if one chooses a un-credentialed or otherwise ignorant heart surgeon for bypass surgery, not knowledgeable of medical sciences for your triple by-pass would be rather risky. Even more risky is to have an un-credentialed spiritual doctor to do a spiritual surgery on the heart. - you may end up with the dismemberment of the soul.

JoeT

16. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    If "credentials" were an indication of having the truth then surely all those MIT and harvard grads that say we came from apes are telling us the truth. The scriptures themselves reveal if someone is in the truth or not, so, rather than seek credentials, seek to see if what I'm saying is truly scriptural.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The great trib will be WORLDWIDE.

When, in 66-70 AD was all green grass burned up? When did all life in the seas (Or, for that matter, just the Meditreeanean) die? And when did JESUS physically return, SEEN BY ALL ??????????

18. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was over several centuries. Probably 80 million is a very conservative figure, and whether it was 80 million or one million it shows that she was drunk with the blood of the saints. It is said that the troops of Alva in the Netherlands, actually opened up the veins of their victims and became drunk on their blood. In Ireland in 1640's in an attempt to destroy christianity, the Christians were mercilessly slain and the priests announced that their torments were not as bad as they would get in hell. No burial was permittred but burial alive.
    The Inquisitor Torquemada alone destroyed in eighteen years one hundred and fourteen thousand four hundred and one.
    We are constantly told in TV programmes that Constantine brought Christianity to Britain. That was a lie. Constantine brought Catholicism to Britain
    The scripture ably pictures the Church of Rome.
    Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

#118 David Kent, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  19. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said you are making it up as you go along. If it was worldwide why were the Jewish Christians urged to flee Jerusalem to escape it, and why did they flee as recorded by Eusebius, and possibly by Josephus. (He said prominent Jews deserted the city as rats desert a ship that sinks.)
    You mix unrelated prophecies together and make it up as you go along. Remember that futurism is a Jesuit invention and youi have fallen for it.

20. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    continued from my reply two post ago which posted as I was typing and I was uinable tp edit it.

We are constantly told in TV programmes that Augustine brought Christianity to Britain. That was a lie. Augustine brought Catholicism to Britain. There were already Christians here from the time of the Romans.. The Britons were mostly Christians and the Saxons were pagans. Easy targets for the neo pagans, When Augustine met the Christian King of Wales who was a Christian he tried to convert him to Catholicism and the King refused, Augustine killed 1,000 of the Welsh troops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.