1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam's sin

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Helen, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Because part of the nature is mortality. We die physically from either natural causes or accidents, etc. That is the nature of our bodies and phycical creation which God cursed in punishment of Adam's sin. This still doesn't mean the baby is "held accountable" for anything, as if he "knew to do right, and didn't" (James 4:17).
    So I take it you're saying that loss of assurance does not necessarily mean you've fallen away. OK, but still, others say if there is such a loss of obedience in the first place (leading to the loss of assurance), then you've already fallen away, and Calvin implied this was from being given by God a "vain faith".

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A purely sinless being cannot die. Jesus laid down His life voluntarily.

3. rufus

rufus New Member

Paul's commentary in Romans 5 regarding Adam's sin is clear to me, and I've examined the Hebrew of the O.T. and the Greek of the N.T.

Adam's sin was imputed to his posterity by God. A careful exegesis of Romans 5 shows the wonderful balance which Paul had on that subject.

rufus [​IMG]