1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adultery

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Walpole, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You left out the correct answer.
    C. Sometimes

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. No C and not B

A is the only choice.

Unless one is trying to excuse sin, or trying to sin without rebuke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Walpole

Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you believe Jesus provided a loophole by which one can divorce and remarry and be exempt from being an adulterer?

Please explain.

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. I believe Jusus plainly said under those circumstances, one could divorce and re-marry without being an adulterer.
    A loophole is a legal concept where one can do wrong yet avoid prosecution due to a defect in the law. This is NOT a case of a loophole

#44 Reynolds, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C is the only choice.

Maybe Johnny Mac can clear it up for you:

"Mt.5:32 Divorce was allowed in cases of adultery. Luke 16:18 must be understood in the light of this verse. makes her the victim of adultery. The assumption is that divorced people will remarry. If the divorce was not for sexual immorality, any remarriage is adultery, because God does not acknowledge the divorce.".

#45 Reynolds, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are way over the top because you violate the rules of debate, which are among others to represent your opponent's points accurately.

You are unjust. You say that you are Christian but yet you misrepresent people's viewpoints. I notice a lot of Catholics do that. Do you think that Jesus lied when He said that Moses allowed divorce for adultery?

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Protestant should not marry a Catholic because the RCC has cursed all Protestants to hell.

8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"You are way over the top because you violate the rules of debate, which are among others to represent your opponent's points accurately."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like when you insist Catholics worship Marry, the Pope, the devil, and tacos?

It is impossible to debate a Catholic without the bread and butter of misrepresentation.

9. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How exactly did I do that? After all, I provided the links to your posts.

No, Jesus did not lie because Jesus did not say Moses allowed divorce for adultery. He said Moses permitted divorce because "of your hardness of heart", not because your spouse committed adultery. Here are the words of Moses, which Jesus referenced...

Deuteronomy 24:1 (KJV) When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I said about Mary was that she is not co redemtrix and New Advent said she died in 48 AD. The rest of your charges are garbage
    Well, what you did was that you tried to say that I supported adultery, which was your spin and is not accurate but you have had to carry that stuff into two threads.

Your comment about what Jesus said is a inaccurate also because the point is that Moses allowed divorce in cases of adultery, which is what Jesus said. The hardness of heart relates to the adultery, not the divorce.

Catholics imposed no divorce on Christianity. The Jewish Law permitted divorce and Jesus said that He came to fulfill the Law, so you have no evidence that anyone other than the RCC changed the Law.

A rich Catholic can contact the Vatican and donate enough money to get an annulment. Everyone knows that. You can do whatever you want in your personal life but the USA is not a Catholic country and you cannot impose your private opinions on a Protestant country.

Do you think that McCarrick's have sex with boys and men of all ages is adultery? Do you think that Vigano is correct that Pope Francis knowingly covered up for McCarrick's homosexual rapes? Do yo think that Pope Francis ought to man up and resign?

11. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please give me the words of Moses permitting divorce in the case of adultery in Deuteronomy 24. (Don't spend too much time looking because it isn't there.) After all, the punishment for adultery was death (Deuteronomy 22:22) and hence you can't divorce a dead person.

Now, go on the record and answer this question, lest you continue to accuse me of being unjust and not stating your position clearly:

---> Is divorce and remarriage adultery?

a. Yes
    b. No

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no basis or right to say that my reference to Jesus saying that Moses allowed divorce for adultery is my support for adultery. The RCC stands alone on this issue. You are just trying to denigrate others and insult them because the RCC says that all non-Catholics go to hell and you want us to know that you agree that we are going to hell so that you do not have to ever be polite or kind. There are some nice Catholics in Indianapolis and they do not talk like you do. And Indianapolis even had the homosexual Tobin here as archbishop. Do you think that practicing homosexual clergy should be promoted by Pope Francis since it is clear that he is not going to weed them out?

What do you think that some uncleanness is? Do you think what McCarrick did and how Pope Francis covered it up and sent him to China and Cuba and the selling out of the RCC in China so that the communists appoint the bishops there, do you think that the rapes of McCarrick are uncleanness? What percentage of the American RCC priesthood do you think is practicing sodomy all the time?

Finally, if Jesus said that Moses allowed divorce for adultery and Moses did not then Jesus was either lying or did not know what he was talking about by your logic. Which is it?

#53 church mouse guy, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, and because a Christian is not to be yoked to an unbeliever.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have reading comprehension issues?

15. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Stop dodging and go on the record...

---> Is divorce and remarriage adultery?

a. Yes
    b. No

Are you not even bothering reading the Scriptures? Once again, Jesus didn't say Moses allowed divorce for adultery. Rather, Jesus said Moses allowed divorce because "of your hardness of heart", not because your spouse committed adultery.

---> "He saith unto them, 'Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.'" - Matthew 19:8-9, KJV

Here are the words of Moses, which Jesus referenced...

---> "When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house." - Deuteronomy 24:1, KJV

Once again, Moses wrote the penalty for adultery was death, not divorce. (Deuteronomy 22:22)

#56 Walpole, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  16. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. Why?

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be missing quite obvious contextual evidences.

18. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I readily admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so please tell me what contextual evidences I am missing.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just keep repeating and smearing. Let us know if the Pope covered up for McCarrick and if homosexual rspe is adultery?