1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adultery

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Walpole, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Walpole

Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will accept your continual dodge as your de facto concession that you do not believe divorce and remarriage is adultery.

If you wish to set the record straight, by all means please do.

I have no idea if the pope covered up for McCarrick. Do you have evidence supporting it? I thought the pope had him laicized, but maybe you have some knowledge that he is not. Put forward your evidence and let's see what you have. I'll forward it on to George Neumayr.

As for homosexual rape being adultery, it depends. If the one doing the raping is married and sodomizes someone ("homosexual rape" to use your language), then yes. If the one doing the sodomizing ("homosexual rape") is not married, then no it is not. For adultery is marital infidelity.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot attribute anything to me because I do not agree with what you done. You have said that Moses didn't say adultery. So I guess that everyone is wrong except you. So if Moses is wrong, so is the Pope.

3. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here's your chance...

---> Where does Moses say one can divorce one's spouse if they commit adultery in Deuteronomy 24?

Post the verse or stop wasting your time dodging, complaining and accusing. There are other threads in which you can troll.

4. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is this written down somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think it's in: How to Lose An Argument: The Protestant's Guide to Erecting Elaborate Strawman Fallacies

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really hate Protestants, don't you?

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trent--go read it.

8. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand, (or should I say, 'I feel your pain), you're devoiced and need to deflect the question by throwing out unsubstantiated criticism, opinion as if fact. The Catholic guy is the bad actor for reading Scripture, then accused of not knowing Scripture - I think this is the same propaganda techniques used by politicians.

JoeT

• Like Like x 1
  9. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have read it, care to point to a particular canon where Protestants are condemned to hell?

JoeT

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you hate Protestants also. Pachamama.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You are really wasting your time here.

Lobbing argumentum ad passiones is a clear indication you are out of arguments and should probably troll on elsewhere.

"The arousing of prejudice, pity, anger, and similar emotions has nothing to do with the essential facts, but is merely a personal appeal to the man who is judging the case.” - Aristotle

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a waste of time to deal with you because you debate dishonestly in the name of the Roman Catholic Church. I have been here since 2002 so I have seen plenty of your type around here. I never go on Roman Catholic Church message boards because I have learned long ago that there are some Catholics who hate Protestants and will never be fair in a discussion. You are one of them. You are the troll and Pachamama to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  13. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you recall the letter by Bishop Vigano? Pope Francis to my mind certainly knew what the score was with McCarrick, but still kept him in a high position within the Vatican. Only when the pressure got too much was the man finally sacked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's standard has always been one man one woman (Genesis 2:21-24). Anything contrary to this is immorality.

15. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So he was in fact sacked and laicized by Francis?

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah and then Vigano had to go into hiding to escape the Vatican secret police, whose name I forget, because Vigano feared that Pope Francis would have him murdered if he stayed in public view, according to Church Militant. Pope Francis especially hates Trump because Trump told him that he would allow Vatican property to be confiscated to compensate the victims of sex abuse by RCC clergy. Pope Francis is considered a fascist Peronists and is openly disliked by people in Argentina, who consider him to be just a politician in clerical garb, a real Machiavelli.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...While the intelligence resources of the Vatican City State cannot be said to be comparable in funding or cutting-edge technology of the CIA, GRU or MSS, one would make a fatal mistake in underestimating the far reach, experience and capabilities of what many experts and historians consider to be the world's most discreet but greatest intelligence service. The fabled Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal is quoted as having said in an interview that "the best and most effective espionage service in the world belongs to the Vatican." It is for no small reason that Abp. Viganò, the Vatican's most wanted man, is on the run and has gone into hiding.

"The true name of the Vatican's clandestine intelligence service is Santa Alleanza ("Holy Alliance") or L'Entità ("The Entity") according to Allen Dulles, the first director of the CIA. With motto being Cum Cruce et Gladio ("With the Cross and Sword"), it is said to have been created by Pope St. Pius V in 1566 in order to gather intelligence from the court of Elizabeth I and obtain her overthrow from power. This was long before the CIA even conceived of overthrowing governments."

Santa Alleanza: The Vatican Intelligence Service

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus and Paul both stated that when one commits adultery, that severs the marriage bond in sight of God, and while God can restore even that broken relationship, if the sinning party refuses to repent and to change, then divorce and remarriage is permitted by God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not gonna read this whole thread. Will just say this:

No one thinks "resist not evil" is a prohibition on all self defense. (Well, some wackos do.)
    Neither does anyone think "swear not at all" is a prohibition on all oaths.

Why do you think all divorce except for sexual immorality is adultery? Not from the context assuredly.

20. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's summarize this by the Bible. Jesus condemned divorce, except for fornication, which includes all illicit sexual activity outside of sex with one's spouse. It covers homosexual acts, bestiality acts, etc. as well as regular sex acts with someone not one's spouse, all of which would be considered adultery. I believe that's self-explanatory.

But Jesus didn't REQUIRE divorce for fornication. And while I don't give a blank about Hillary Clinton, she was not wrong for not divorcing Bill over the Monica affair.

I believe this sums it all up, as JESUS gave us the final word about divorce - It's wrong, except for fornication (adultery) but not REQUIRED for that reason.