1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Age for Christian Service

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marooncat79, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think any baptist believes in water baptizing babies, infants or toddlers. OTOH, we all accept believer water baptism, where the professing Christian understands both the doctrines of the gospel and his or her commitment to Christ including following His teachings. Superficial faith results is falling away according to scripture.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not call them real Baptists or it baptism, but in 2015 Rodney Kennedy of First Baptist Church of Dayton, Ohio poured water over the head of an infant.
    Infant baptism among Baptists

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh brother:

Baptists who baptize infants

"informing all of that has been years of increasingly liturgical practice for the church and Kennedy, who describes himself as 'somewhat Catholic-Baptist'."

"'I already accepted the validity of infant baptism and we don’t make people get baptized' if they were baptized as infants before joining First Baptist, he said."

The last part reminds me of what John Piper was pushing at Bethlehem Baptist:

"[If it 'does not involve baptismal regeneration or the guarantee of saving grace'] belief in the Biblical validity of infant baptism....is not viewed by the elders of Bethlehem Baptist Church as a weighty or central enough departure from Biblical teaching to exclude a person from membership"

"if he meets all other relevant qualifications and is persuaded from Bible study and a clear conscience that his baptism is valid....we would not require baptism by immersion as a believer for membership"

#44 Jerome, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020