1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age of the Earth...

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Centrist, Nov 8, 2021.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You had asked me, at one point, if I was a follower of spiritism. [ Not in any way.] And you had made claims for the book Genesis citing the book of Acts which did not seem to make any sense in reference to any passage in Genesis from Acts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, blessed. That is certainly true. That is not to say I didn’t have many other issues to struggle with and wade through—man’s ideas creep in everywhere, donchaknow—but I knew who had the words of eternal life. (Hint: Not Darwin. :Wink)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of what we think we know comes from others. We have our personal experiences. And our reasoning in our own mind's. Those of us whom God has saved we have God's witness, 1 John 5:9-12, Romans 8:16.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No man knoweth the things of God, but by the Spirit of GOD. JESUS ascended to the heaven and still is there, and He will still be there, as long as all things are not restored according the Word of GOD -the Word is GOD- , which GOD hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN. JESUS must stay in heaven until THE RESTORATION of all things. The testimony of JESUS is the spirit of prophecy.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not what the word of God says.

6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    FIRST of all, it is necessary to know the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand?

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which GOD hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ones who do not yet know God need to do so.

8. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, but it is impossible without know JESUS first.

P.S.
    looking at the site, it is observed that the door is already closing. in other words, like a flower that is withering, dying. The end has come.

#88 Oseas3, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?
    John 14:6, ". . . Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. . . ."

10. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Word was made flesh-the Word is GOD-and He chose a name for Him Himself-JESUS.
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other NAME under heaven given among men, whereby must be saved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at issue.

12. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Older than me. That is all I can say with any certainty.

13. ozenzop

ozenzop New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The age of 4.54 billion years found for the Solar System and Earth is consistent with current calculations of 11 to 13 billion years for the age of the Milky Way Galaxy (based on the stage of evolution of globular cluster stars) and the age of 10 to 15 billion years for the age of the Universe (based on the recession

• Like Like x 1
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I have always wondered about that......

15. ozenzop

ozenzop New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Concerning the age of the Earth, the Bible's genealogical records combined with the Genesis 1 account of creation are used to estimate an age for the Earth and universe of about 6000 years, with a bit of uncertainty on the completeness of the genealogical records, allowing for a few thousand years more. techzpod mobdro download

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the Holy Spirit does not teach closed genealogies in the give written word of God.

1 Timothy 1;4, ". . . Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. . . ."

Luke 3: 35-36, ". . . which was the son of Sala, Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, . . .". This name Cainan was removed from the copies in the Hebrew.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to clarify - would you please explain "closed genealogies"

18. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What kind of geology forums did you go to?

I spent just over 10 yrs and drilled holes everywhere. Asking for a friend

19. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does pay any attention to the absolute facts of the matter? What do you consider fact vs. what do I consider facts? Well, I am not disregarding anything the Holy Bible says. But I know for a fact two crucial points exist- 1) No where in the Holy Bible does it say the age of the Earth. It is made only by supposition.
    2) No where in the Holy Bible does it say that we "need" to know the age of the Earth.
    3) Nor does it say that you must agree with the Young Earth theory to be "saved".

if that old

1. The sun would have been larger than the universe- we know that the sun is shrinking for 300 yrs now

2. The heat from the sun would have burned up the universe the sun is loosing its intensity. We have know that too

3. Gravity would have been so great that not even a sprig of grass would have been able to break through the ground

4. The rotation of the Earth would have been so fast it would have slung everything into outer space. Yes we can prove that too

5. The earth revolving around the sun would have been too fast for life. Yes again science

6. The geologic column exists perfectly nowhere in the world. Even at the Grand Canyon. Parts of it are there but it is in no wise perfect

there is more

the Collapse of Evolution by Scott Huse. It’s about $6-$10 on abebooks.com

the Institute for Creation Research

answersingenesis.org

those are your friends.

20. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those who are confused

I will purchase up to 5 copies of The Collapse of Evolution by Scott Huse , and have it mailed to your home address. for those wanting one!

2 stipulations

1. direct message me your name and address

2. Promise that you will actually read it