1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Agree or disagree with this statement?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Reynolds, Sep 8, 2019.

1. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, and addiction, alcoholism is often a lifelong struggle. There are those that God immediately cures, but that is not everybody. For whatever reason.

In all honesty I agree with the statement in the OP, so I'm already in the minority here. I'm asexual (meaning I have no desire for sexual relations), but I'm also romantically attracted to the same sex (biromantic asexual)--or at least have been in the past. (It's been a few years since I've experienced attraction to someone.)

I agree that homosexual activity is not to be accepted as normal and morally right. But the church should be a safe place for someone to come forward and seek support for whatever sin they're inclined toward. That doesn't have to be publicly, no.
    However, the church will encounter LGBT stuff more and more--it's imperative that we learn how to respond to it in a way that ministers to the person dealing with homosexual tendencies. This, in my opinion, includes being willing to listen to Christians who experience homosexual attractions.

FYI, Christians who actively experience homosexual or homoromantic attraction but refrain from acting on it because they wish to please God, do exist. I liken it to the example above with addiction--some, God delivers right away and they never have to deal with it again. Others, He doesn't. For whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1