1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Airline Rejects Passenger's 'Emotional Support Peacock' Demand

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Note the poop under the bird in one of the photos? THAT is not allowed. But fortunately the airline made the right choice in this matter. A peacock doesn't qualify to be a service animal so ......

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently read an article where people are presenting their dogs as being service dogs but they really aren't. I guess it's becoming a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lady charged publically that Noah's Ark in Kentucky refused to allow her service dog into the Ark Encounter. Ken Ham said that upon checking into the incident that his staff had records that the lady would not show any papers that the dog was a service dog. He said that she was welcome at the Ark Encounter and her dog also if she could show that it was a service animal.

The public can be tedious.

5. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But.....only 2 dogs at one time. :)

6. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "emotional support" junk has gotten way out of hand. People are claiming they have a "service animal", when they really don't, and people are getting hurt. People have just gone nuts over animals. No matter if the dog IS or IS NOT a "service animal" it should be muzzled on an airplane.
    Video: Emotional support dog attacks passenger on flight

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, the Ark Encounter broke the law. They cannot ask for proof to show that the dog was a service dog. They ARE allowed to ask IF the dog is a service dog and what service does the dog perform. "Emotional support" animals are not covered by the ADA and you can usually discern whether or not the animal is one that is covered under the ADA guidelines. Also, if the animal is causing trouble, the organization/store/facility can ask the person with the animal to leave even if it is a true service dog. So if the dog were to start barking, bite, growl, defacate or anything like that, they can be asked to leave.

8. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it tries to stick it's nose to anything that's trouble enough. Sometimes my wife and grandchildren hang out in my store and I'm responsible for their safety. So if anyone tries to walk in with something like a "pit bull" type dog they will immediately be asked to leave. I can ask the "powers that be" forgiveness later.

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, a legitimate service animal should not be muzzled. An emotional support animal is not a service animal. Its a scam to not have to pay for the animal to fly as baggage.

10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about the "pit bull type." Worry about the Chows, Akitas, and Rotweilers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, well, I doubt if the Ark broke the law--I probably misunderstood what they wrote. Nevertheless, I am unable to find the statement on the website so maybe they took it down. They did seem to think that the dog was merely a pet so they probably followed the procedure that you outlined. They are quite sophisticated there. Although they are guarding against terrorist attacks, the security is low profile. The days that I was there the crowd was wall-to-wall, so to speak. They have to have excellent security because there are rare copies of Scripture there on loan from the Museum of the Bible and other places.

12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gal flushes her 'emotional support hamster' down airport toilet after airline wouldn't let her fly with it.

pennlive.com/news/2018/02/airline_denies_telling_former.html

Belen Aldecosea, a college student from Miami Beach, says she had flush little "Pebbles" as she felt her only other option was to release it outside in the cold:

13. SheepWhisperer

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would ask those to leave as well.