1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AMERICA is to be renamed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by HankD, Jun 19, 2020.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "These are the stakes.

Either we stop the left’s assault on history or we lose our country. Every time a statue is taken down, a school is renamed, a building is vandalized, a holiday is abolished, we move one step closer to the final undoing of our history. We should not be afraid of the truth. And the truth is that history is complex.

Judging the past by the present is its own form of cultural appropriation. Long after a revolution against the British Crown, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, New York and many others maintain royal names not because Americans have any allegiance or respect for those dead rulers, but because these places are a part of our history. As are the Indian tribes, the French, the Spanish and all those others too."

https://archives.frontpagemag.com/fpm/will-left-rename-america-daniel-greenfield/T

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need someone with a spine from the POTUS on down to put a CEASE AND DESIST order against the destruction of ANYMORE AMERICAN HISTORICAL SITES of any nature and USE AGGRESSION against all who do to stop them from desecrating ANYMORE OF OUR HISTORICAL ENTITIES.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After watching this scene during "The Man in the High Castle" I became totally opposed to the removal of any monuments - Confederate or otherwise. It was chilling in the context of the series.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the statues that are being defiled from the Civil war era are bellwethers. Our response/reaction to their destruction are being carefully watched to determine if Americana of even greater significance will be scheduled for destruction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here's a question about defending these things: weren't these leaders (of the CSA), quite literally, enemies of the USA?

Or if people think the CSA represented the true "America" (her "values" and "heritage", while the USA were at the time the "northern aggressors" and I know there were those who thought that way), then why would conservatives ever love and defend the flag of the USA? (Like in the battle over the national anthem). How do you have both flags, when they were opposed to each other?

I've never heard this point addressed; only that it's "history". But all sides of history are not celebrated.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A reassonable discussion can and should be had about them. What will not be tolerated is what is going on right now.

Further, I question the motives of those tearing down statues. So long as they are throwing their little extremist temper tantrums I will not support any fiscussion or concern they may feign that they have.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Tear them all down (our history), rip them all out, (infants in the womb), burn it all down (inner cities), anyone still doubt that the devil seeks to steal, kill, and destroy? There are evil spirits behind all of this. Is it any wonder that his people do the things they do. It has always been there waiting, now it is coming out in the open. These are the kinds of things that destroy countries and cause civil wars. Our country is more fractured and divided than it has been in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there is satanic forces involved in much of this, as almost seems like the Kingdom of Darkness is now trying to come out in the open to fight!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ephesians 5
    8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
    9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),
    10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
    12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
    13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

14 Therefore He says:
    “Awake, you who sleep,
    Arise from the dead,
    And Christ will give you light.”

15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
    16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, no. They were states in union. The Civil War established a lot more than slavery (to include establishing states roles and rights within this union). It resulted in a stronger federal government (pros and cons).

The history of the US includes the divisions wrought by the Civil War. The Unions position was that those states could not leave the union and therefore the Confederacy cannot be viewed as a force external to and against the US. They were stares legally within the Union (we apply the victor's conclusions here).

I do not care about the flags. I do not want to see the history reduced to racism. The Civil War was about more than the evil of slavery. And the evil of slavery was much more complicated than mere racism.

11. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a very unbiblical thing to say. The revelation of faith in Jesus Christ, true good, and true evil was delivered 2000 years ago. All sinners will stand before Jesus to be judged by an already revealed standard. Secular modernists argue the world is getting more moral over time. That isn't the biblical position at all though.

I say this irregardless of the debate and vandalism of civil war statues.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i dont believe i made the quote you attributed to me.

i was quoting someone else.

#12 HankD, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  13. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I misunderstood then, I'm sorry.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no problem. i was quoting someone else :)

15. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The continents will be renamed North and South Chipotle.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I will help

18. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't care about the statues. Their goal is to cause a big enough stink that some right wing group will retaliate with violence, so that the left wing agitators can claim victim status and support their media claims that everyone who isn't a peaceful communist like them are violent extremists. It’s all laughable.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hereby declare this nation...The United Tribes of Tecumseh! President Tyler...prepare to have your statue torn down!!!

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody burning down the Jerz.