American Idol

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, Apr 10, 2003.

1. UnashamedYouth New Member

yeah I know it's "condemned" by most of the Christian world... however I thought it was cool that one of the contestants(that if America gets smart he'll be the winner) is a devote Christian, who just happens to be Southern Baptist! He's even sung a few Christian songs(Steven Curtis Chapman's "I Will Be Here" and another I wasn't familiar with)... His names Clay Aiken... he's got such a powerful voice... I wonder why he wasn't discovered sooner! :eek:

2. stubbornkelly New Member

Ah, Clay. He's really good. Super really good. It's completely between him and Ruben, in my mind, anyway.

3. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2003
    I have only watched the show twice. I kept up with it last year but this year has been awful for me. How many more contestants do they have left?

BBG

4. UnashamedYouth New Member

ITA It's Clay vs Ruben ... but I like Josh too! LOL

5. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2003
    Thanks.... Do you wacth it every night? Bye
    BBG

6. UnashamedYouth New Member

yup... though I tape it during Church on Wednesday!

7. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2003
    Your a sinior, aren't you? I was just wondering. Kool. Where do you go to school at? Do you listen to any other kinds of music other than christian and american idol? bye
    BBG

8. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2003
    Forgive my spelling!!!!! I am out of it (lol).

9. UnashamedYouth New Member

yup I'm a senior... and yep! I listen to Country Western... as well as Broadway and Movie Soundtracks... and selected "rock"/"pop" songs because of my fav figure skaters...

I'm homeschooled though thru my town's school district... and I take two classes at my local high school

10. christfollower55 New Member

1.) Ruben

2.) Josh-Marine

3.) Clay

There are my top three...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

11. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2003
    UNSHAMED YOUTH Is it fun to be home schooled? I have always wanted to be home schooled, I use to go to a public school and now I go to a private school but I have never been home schooled. Do you take test and stuff like that?

12. mozier New Member

Clay Aiken is a Baptist?

That is great news! Over at the American Idol Message Board, there are always debates about whether he's gay or not.

Such silliness!

I like to watch the show with my daughters. Great talent, and who can not like Simon? He tells it like it is.

mozier

13. UnashamedYouth New Member

even Baptists can be... but I don't think he is... one of my best friends sounds just like Clay when he talks and they have the same mannerisms... so I tend to believe Clay when he says he's a Christian ;)

14. URGALPAL New Member

I went to the same high school as Josh Gracin. HE also went to a Baptist church when he was younger( but not faithfully when the kids got older) I actually went on a date once with him but that all ended when he discovered Ann Kovacs in the Glenn Singers (our high school choir) There is a part of me that is rooting for him because of knowing him personally but I really like rueban hes got star quality. I also like kimberly lock.

15. UnashamedYouth New Member

I wouldn't mind having been a date of Josh Gracin ;) LOL

16. christfollower55 New Member

i wouldn't mind a date with kimberly lock..

God Bless America

17. UnashamedYouth New Member

she's such a sweetie... and also a proclaiming Christian(though she didn't show it when she insulted Simon way back when ;) ) very cool

18. URGALPAL New Member

I like kimberly lock too but I think I am voting for Josh because I knew him so well......it would be wrong not to, right? Look wise though.....I thought Carmen was adoreable!!!! No voice though :D
    Julie Elizabeth

19. christfollower55 New Member

i thought josh would be gone because of what he said to simon. but he's not and i'm glad... Semper Fi

God Bless America

20. stubbornkelly New Member

Josh needed to go. He should have gone a few weeks ago. I get the feeling he's only still in this because of current military popularity, because he's certainly not in the top tier of talent. I just hope he doesn't get to pull a Nikki McKibbin and be in a position he's really not qualified to be in (if you'll recall, Nikki was in the top three last season, and was barely top ten material in the first place).

I was very surprised to see Ruben down with Trenyce. :(