1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An appeal for prayer for our nation's leaders

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Baptist Believer, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently I wrote an appeal for all of us to be prayerful and principled about the crisis developing in the United States, but some seemed to think I wasn't explicit enough about praying for the nation's leaders, including President Trump.

In response, I would like to make an explicit appeal for us to pray for the nation's leaders, beginning with President Trump and Vice President Pence. Also pray for Congressional leadership and both houses of Congress. Pray for the courts, from the Supreme Court down to the lowest courts, that the rule of law would be supreme and justice would be upheld. In light of current events, I also ask that we pray for those in the Justice Department, from the top to the bottom, as well as our intelligence agencies (including the substantial portion that is part of the military). Pray also for Robert Mueller and his personnel that only what is true will be brought forward into public view.

Lord Jesus, You are the Ruler of Your Kingdom upon this earth and will one day judge the nations in righteousness, including all those previously mentioned and every one of us who meet you in prayer. We ask for justice against those who would make the innocent suffer, those who tell and knowingly repeat lies, and those who abuse the institutions of the nation for their own purposes. We also ask for the grace for all of those who do evil to repent, as well as the grace for all of us to repent of any falsehoods that we have embraced. Help us discern truth from lies and your Kingdom from the kingdoms of the enemy that distort and confuse. We know you hear and honor this prayer because this is perfectly aligned with your truth and character. Empower us to be the light of the world as you have commanded. Amen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This sits on my closit door so I see it each & every day.

If you think you are beaten, you are
    If you think you dare not, you don't,
    If you like to win, but you think you can't
    It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost
    For out of the world we find,
    Success begins with a fellow's will
    It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are
    You've got to think high to rise,
    You've got to be sure of yourself before
    You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
    To the stronger or faster man,
    But soon or late the man who wins
    Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!”

― Walter D. Wintle

#3 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Father, I pray you bless and protect President Trump V.P. Pence and the entire Trump administration. I pray you bring down and expose his enemies. I pray you bless the pro-life Justices on The Supreme Court. I pray you move the baby killers out of the way and replace them with Godly Justices.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    O Dear God, have mercy on us & our country. Raise up prayers that this nation may turn to You. Raise up prayers for the spiritual growth of our nation, that again we may produce leaders and government that are spiritually mature and that serve you, our Sovereign Lord.

May Your church rise up through Your Word. May we daily grow through solid understanding of Your Word. May we not take for granted the privilege of studying Your Word and proclaiming it. May we, daily, through our actions, demonstrate that Your Word is Truth and only through You can we enjoy safety and freedom in the nation.

Do not forget us, rather make us to want to live with you in your Kingdom and give us the grace to work toward that goal

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Caution....Power apart from Love leads to bruitality & Love that does not engage with Power is mere sentimentality.

A lot of Christians today are trapped in one or the other!