1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An appeal for prayer for the United States in the coming months

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Baptist Believer, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Events are starting to move quickly regarding the President and various investigators. It seems that each day, serious allegations are coming out about our nation's leaders, the President's associates, and the President himself.

The current U.S. President is a divisive figure, for good or ill, and Christians have taken stands, for and against, both his words and activities (documented and alleged) prior to his campaign, during his campaign, and during his Presidency. The nation's checks and balances, as well as the will of the American people, will be stressed and challenged, and there is the potential for enormous unrest. Whether we like it or not, the United States also plays an oversized role in the world, and the adversaries of freedom and the Western world that was shaped by Christendom may see this as an opportunity to exercise their own will upon others on the world stage.

The description in the logo of Baptistboard is, "A Christ Centered Community." No matter what you think about that logo or the truth of that statement, the description is probably the fondest wish of many in this forum. Many of us (including people who don't care much for me) strive to make this a place where that description is true. Therefore, in the coming weeks and months, let us strive to exercise extreme patience and humility with each other and demonstrate unity in Christ, even though we many be divided my political opinions and/or the rightness of the current Administration.

What will that look like? I think it would involve a vigorous exchange of ideas and opinions, without personal attacks, regarding current events. I think this type of patience and humility would also allow space for others to admit that their opinions turned out to be misguided, or even flatly wrong, without their political opponents condemning them for daring to believe that they had found a vein of truth and vigorously supported it.

My current opinion of this situation is that we are going to see quite a few well-known Republican and Democratic leaders get exposed as frauds, hypocrites, and possibly criminals. I may well be wrong, but we need to be prepared for the possibility that all of us have been wrong about some things and need to have the humility to admit it publicly.

LORD God, we humbly ask that you bring glory for Yourself in this difficult time. That You pull down the destroyers and raise up women and men who can rebuild our nation to become greater than it has even been. And may that greatness be in terms of the things that are of concern to You, not to ourselves. May Your church be part of the process of restoration and healing, where the gospel is proclaimed and known though the lives and words of your people. May those who are searching for a sure foundation hear Jesus calling them to Himself, and may Your Name be made known to all creation!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My prayer is this:

Lord, as there are some who work to turn this country back toward its founding, to a place where we can remember our great country and its resources come from you, a country that uses for its principles the very words of your scripture to dictate our lives in all forms of government and in our opportunity to influence our communities through our churches and schools, as we once did. Lord place a protection over our God ordained leaders from the evil that works to find crimes where there is no current knowledge of any existing, stands against those who use our laws in a perverted way to make criminals out of those they oppose politically, and expose this evil where ever it is so that it is brought to the light of day and can no longer operate in the darkness of the night. Bring to the publics view the very foundation of these false investigations and may those who support them be humbled. In Jesus name Amen

• Like Like x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What else is new? Many presidents have been embroiled in scandal and dallied with criminals "the mob".

If we look into the past of other presidents we find darkness, even President Obama had associations with revolutionaries and a pastor which publicly cursed America.

Then there is President Clinton, Nixon, Kennedy and others...

Why mention presidents of the past? because a shady past/lifestyle for a sitting president is now almost the new normal. Shameful? Yes but true.

And yes we must pray. This is what we have been told to do all along:

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Why? that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

I think President Trump will not only come on the other side of the Mueller kangaroo court - which can only come up with a crooked lawyer, a crooked business man and 2 colorful ladies - unscathed but with a larger base than before the "witch hunt" (show me the man, I'll show you the crime) began with global peace.

Alternately with so many internal agitations heating up a spontaneous combustion may ignite the WWIII fuse.

Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Philippians 4:6 English Standard Version (ESV)
    6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My prayer is more like some David's prayers.
    I pray the Lord bring harsh and swift judgment onto the demonically influenced leftists trying to bring down Trump. Lord expose the spineless globalist RINOS for what they are and shame them with the unmasking of their hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh oh. You used the ESV to quote a verse. Looks like someone is slowly becoming reformed. :)

7. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. - Acts 2:49

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More like Primitive Baptist

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No bigger RINO than Chris Christy

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't take long for this thread to become partisan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are the "New" Evangelicals :rolleyes:

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not me.

Well I guess I'm doing it now.

I've thrown my hat in with the Libertarians - pro-life of course.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Started with the OP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is libertarians offering these days.... Rand Paul!?! :Laugh

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes Rand Paul. I, of course am free to vote for whomsoever I please of any party however I personally don't think I could ever vote for 1) A democrat even if they are pro-life because of the abortion plank of the DNC platform or 2) anyone who is currently pro-death of any party.

16. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's quite sad that you can't recognize honesty and evenhandedness when you see it.